Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2009, 22:20   #76
BHPian

IMO, aprat from good reports for linea, the price increase may be the effect of Honda as well. If honda get away with those high prices, why not other cars too?

If all the comapnies, slowly increase their price, we the customers will have no options left.
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:37   #77
BHPian

Hi. Does Linea have an automatic variant?
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:17   #78
BHPian

No, there is no automatic variant yet
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:31   #79
BHPian

Nope, as of today there is no Automatic Variant in Linea in India
Old 28th August 2009, 14:59   #80
BHPian

Looks like another price increase may be on the way!

Fiat India may consider price hike- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 30th August 2009, 19:22   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
Too bad for the potential buyers like me who are planning to buy it in coming months. But i guess Fiat guys are right as they must be under pressure selling such a wonderful car like linea on such a competitiive price and also it proves the confidence of company on their product as it is selling like hot cake. Way to go FIAT
Old 30th August 2009, 23:31   #82
BHPian

Fiat may hike prices of India cars

Hello,

Carmaker Fiat India Automobiles today said it will consider raising prices of its products as the margins are under pressure.
"There are no margins left ... We may look at revising our prices upward," Fiat India Automobiles President Rajeev Kapoor told reporters on the sidelines of the SAIM annual convention in New Delhi.
The company expects sales to cross 27,000 units this year on the back of newly launched small car Grande Punto and sedan Linea.
Kapoor also said the company would start exporting Linea to South Africa from September this year.
Fiat India Automobiles - the 50:50 joint venture between Italy's Fiat and Tata Motors, has recently arranged Rs 2,500 crore (Rs 25 billion) financing for completing the construction of its manufacturing facility at Chakan.
Fiat had announced Rs 4,000 crore (Rs 40 billion) investment in India operations.
Source: Fiat may hike prices of India cars: Rediff Business News, Latest India business news, India Economy news, World Business, Finance news, Latest business headlines, business videos and business articles.
Old 30th August 2009, 23:54   #83
BHPian

Please read other posts before posting new topic, as fiat linea price hiked thread is already there by carsPg.
as you must be aware of the rules and regulation of the board.thank you
Old 31st August 2009, 09:02   #84
BHPian

i am not sure it is selling like hot cakes. i presume it is opposite. fiat cars are not very price sensitive. Many people don't want to touch a fiat even it is priced very low. so it makes sense to increase profits by increasing margins than by making a bigger sale.
Old 31st August 2009, 09:58   #85
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a new article that deepak is referring to.

The earlier price hike has already taken place, so this topic can be posted I guess as per the forum rules.
Old 31st August 2009, 10:02   #86
JVH
Senior - BHPian

It was expected, wasn't it?

The question to be asked is - will FIAT take care of the small niggles the owners are facing in the new cars? A colleague got a Linea delivered last week. The quality and finish seems to be the same to what was encountered in the first deliveries which means quality control has still not improved.

When prices hike, customers also expect significant and visible quality improvements.
Old 31st August 2009, 11:59   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
It was expected, wasn't it?

The question to be asked is - will FIAT take care of the small niggles the owners are facing in the new cars? A colleague got a Linea delivered last week. The quality and finish seems to be the same to what was encountered in the first deliveries which means quality control has still not improved.

When prices hike, customers also expect significant and visible quality improvements.
Well Said. Along with high quality fit and finish, I wish they provide leather seat options if they do increase the price.

They also need to rework their variants and make certain important features like ABS, EBD as standard in all variants.

They should also do solid marketing for Linea to improve sales.
Old 31st August 2009, 12:23   #88
BHPian

I could see Linea sales picking up, there are more nr. of Lineas on road nowadays. I'm yet to see a decent nr. of Puntos. I own a Punto, it's a beautiful car and drives well. But the level of fit and finish is questionable, I'm facing few issues and hopefully would rectify it in my first service. Fiat definitely needs to address the cramped footwell problem in Punto, the pedals are placed so close that at many a times my foot steps on to the accelerator when I intend to break. This is really dangerous.

Saying this, I could see a decent future for Fiat in India.
Old 31st August 2009, 12:40   #89
BHPian

@Cliffhanger - Yes, even I see decent number of Lineas on road in Chennai these days. I am sure its selling in decent numbers as there are only few options in the 7 - 9 Lakh range. Its also getting good reports - word of mouth seems to be good. I checked with few owners, they seem to be happy. It should continue to sell in decent numbers.

I am sure one can see lot of Puntos on road by Sept End.
Old 31st August 2009, 16:46   #90
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

As mentioned by me in an earlier post, this is a SECOND ROUND of price increase, and either the should be a new thread or the first thread heading must be changed to convey this.

Also the post (link) send by Deepak should be posted upfront at the start of the thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks