Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2009, 11:20   #1
BHPian

Fiat Linea Price Increase

Just saw on the Fiat website that they have increased the price of the Linea by Rs. 8,000 - Rs. 15,000!

Considering that they launched it only 3 months ago that's quite a quick price revision!
Old 15th April 2009, 13:22   #2
BHPian

Looks like FIAT is happy about the Linea Sales. The price increase shows the confidence of FIAT India's management in Linea.

On the personal front, I dont appreciate the prices increase. When Linea is launched with MJD 1.6, the price is going to be even more. This increase will affect the VFM factor associated with Linea.

Last edited by cruiser_1982 : 15th April 2009 at 13:24.
Old 15th April 2009, 13:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
Looks like FIAT is happy about the Linea Sales. The price increase shows the confidence of FIAT India's management in Linea.

On the personal front, I dont appreciate the prices increase. When Linea is launched with MJD 1.6, the price is going to be even more. This increase will affect the VFM factor associated with Linea.
It was bound to increase, the price it was launched at was termed 'introductory' by fiat. The product was priced that way just because Fiat wanted to create a place for the car in the market and it has no doubt been successful in creating a buzz in the market with Linea. Atleast car buyers are checking it out now unlike in recent past when hardly anyone ever thought about test driving a Fiat when buying a new car. The recent revisions sure makes it a bit costlier but it still is a VFM deal when compared to some other cars in the segment, which I wont name so as to avoid a debate here.

Regards.
Old 15th April 2009, 14:10   #4
BHPian

Price increased!!!

Just like Maruti Dzire!!!!

Huge demand + Long waiting = Increased price
Old 15th April 2009, 17:07   #5
BHPian

My brother had booked Line petrol @ Concorde Hyderabad and was promised delivery on the 9th. As usual they din't keep the promise and gave some silly reasons. Now on Monday they called up and informed that the price has increased by Rs 16,000/- from 10th April and if you want the car; Pay extra.

My brother feels that it is an deliberate attempt to make him pay extra. He met the manager @ Concorde and told him about the situation and he has asked for couple of days to try and get the extra amount waived off. He is canceling the booking if there promise is not met.

He is also fearing that if they can do this to a customer during purchase, they can do anything during service and Fiat service is nothing to talk about.
Old 15th April 2009, 17:32   #6
BHPian

This is standard practice across all manufacturers - I booked a Swift with Competent, Gurgaon, and due to delay at their end they couldn't deliver the car in time. In the meantime, the price of the car went up by 15k and the dealer behaved in the same way as above. I fought with the dealer but to no avail - they have strict rules about this - the price at delivery is the final price. While I consider this practice incorrect, its across the board so not much to choose.

So no, that should not deter your brother from buying a Linea IMO.
Old 15th April 2009, 17:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
Now on Monday they called up and informed that the price has increased by Rs 16,000/- from 10th April and if you want the car; Pay extra.

My brother feels that it is an deliberate attempt to make him pay extra. He met the manager @ Concorde and told him about the situation and he has asked for couple of days to try and get the extra amount waived off. He is canceling the booking if there promise is not met.

He is also fearing that if they can do this to a customer during purchase, they can do anything during service and Fiat service is nothing to talk about.
As reppy has said, every manufacturer and dealer does this. The agreement is always "prices prevalent at time of delivery shall be final."
Old 15th April 2009, 17:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
As reppy has said, every manufacturer and dealer does this. The agreement is always "prices prevalent at time of delivery shall be final."
not all manufacturers!

I know 2 of my friends who booked the City at the same time as me, but their color choices (Red) were not immediately available. They were delivered the car on April 3, and Honda kept their word and charged them the pre-April 1 prices.

Another colleague who booked an Altis before the hike was effective, also got the delivery after April 1 hike, but was given in the pre-April rates.
Old 15th April 2009, 17:46   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
not all manufacturers!
Perhaps it can be modified to not all manufacturers at all times.
Old 15th April 2009, 17:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
not all manufacturers!

I know 2 of my friends who booked the City at the same time as me, but their color choices (Red) were not immediately available. They were delivered the car on April 3, and Honda kept their word and charged them the pre-April 1 prices.

Another colleague who booked an Altis before the hike was effective, also got the delivery after April 1 hike, but was given in the pre-April rates.
Maybe they got lucky. I am sure there are other customers who are paying hiked prices for their City.

In this case, it wouldn't hurt to approach the manufacturer directly. Most of the dealers are not going to bother doing that. At the most they will say, 'I will talk to Fiat about your case' and then a few days later tell the customer ' sorry sir I spoke to Fiat and they are not ready to sell the car at pre-hike rates.' 99.99% of the time the dealer may not have approached the manufacturer at all. So it's best to email the car maker directly.
Old 15th April 2009, 18:53   #11
BANNED

It's just a minimal expected price increase. If Fiat is planning to do this every 3 months or so, then I see a gloom future ahead for the Linea.
Old 15th April 2009, 19:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

When 800 was in demand, waiting periods got longer, prices were increased, and Maruti got away with paying 7-9% on booking (prevailing market rate of 25-30% in the mid-1990s).

Wondered why from around the late-1990s, price of a 800 standard has not changed much (FYI, I bought a 800 standard in 9/1995 at 1.9 lakhs ex-showroom).
Old 16th April 2009, 01:33   #13
Senior - BHPian

If you consider Linea sales vis-a-vis earlier fiat products how can any body call it a flop?
Old 16th April 2009, 01:43   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
If you consider Linea sales vis-a-vis earlier fiat products how can any body call it a flop?
Yes and even if u consider linea vis-a-vis other cars from that segment,its not a flop.

1200 units per month is more than enought to save a car from being called a flop. And it has caused enough excitement in the market. Earlier people did not even check the fiat products before buying a new car, now they are atleast test driving it and coming back impressed, the only detterrent to them being the fiat's bad image in our country. But that still has not prevented many of them to buy the linea.
Old 16th April 2009, 01:49   #15
Senior - BHPian

Diabloo,

There you go again with your Fiat prejudices - Linea and dated! nonsense. Kindly don't dilute the purpose of this thread

No seriously - Diwa. Drop a line to rajeev.kapoor@fiat.com as well as service@fiapl.com as well as shefali.chopra@tatamotors.com

Use a stinker of a headline - trust me you will get things done. If nothing else, some sort of freebies. This ain't done. Its just crap by the dealer. Don't lose faith.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed