Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2009, 01:22   #16
BHPian

Definately an automatic is essential as the traffic scenario is going from bad to worse.
Old 17th April 2009, 09:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Why dont we have a Poll here ?

I am surprised to hear that Toyota is not launching Forutuner with an AT box, surprised more since after nearly four years of thinking they are launching the beast in India without taking into consideration the requirements from would be customers.

An Automatic is the need of the day, if they look around, almost all big SUVs come with AT boxes, CRV, Grand Vitara, Captiva (recently launched AT), Endeavour (coming soon, may be well before Forutuner launch). Now Toyota should think why are these manufacturers coming to AT version ? Isnt there a need for AT vehicles ? Toyota itself has launched its vehicles in AT version, Corolla, Camry. Why not Innova, should be made a case study of how a company is not keen on selling something which customers are desiring.

Innova would move from its Call Center Cab image (slightly for sure) if it comes with AT option as the user profile for AT vehicle is very different.

Now cost for the vehicle, agreed, it may be little expensive for the people, however, with 20 L manual they can add maximum 2 L to bring AT version, and people wont mind the convenience of AT over price.

Product: Well, there is nothing toyota needs to do here, as it has been selling AT fortuner for years abroad and this doesnt require special skills to bring it in India. Technology least of the concerns, however Servicing, they might need to train A.S.S. for the same.

This is a situation where customers are willing to spend with their money but the company is not interested in selling its product. Strange, Very Very Strange. But then Toyota India has been doing strange things with their launches.

Hope they do some study of wannabe Forutuner owners and launch this in AT box.

Me, ANYDAY an AT Fortuner for me.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 17th April 2009 at 09:52.
Old 6th August 2009, 01:09   #18
BHPian

LOL... Indian auto fans are yet to realize what is their worth, from time and time again auto companies of world have entrusted them with things which are not new. We over here with our attitude of kuch bhee chalta hai brand de do attitude are ourselvs responsible for the enitre problem. We accepted Qualis Tavera -- Ok fine they were good cars but were on way out when launched over here.

Anyways ... I am sure my rambling would not evoke any response or sense of responsibility.

PS: I myself am contemplating on Manual version and refused to take back the booking amount - :( Dekha beggars cant be choosers!
Old 6th August 2009, 03:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Firstly, if one wants to be driven around then get a luxury sedan not a SUV. Thats like riding a coupe with the driver or as a pillion on a Hayabusa.

Still we are a breed apart.
Most so called suv manufacturers are bringing in an auto box. So should toyota. The competiton already has it, so they cant affoard to lag behind.

An auto for me anyday and who says that an auto is disadvantageous during offroading? Try taking an auto Range Roveron an otr, you will know its a myth.
Old 6th August 2009, 12:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Firstly, if one wants to be driven around then get a luxury sedan not a SUV. Thats like riding a coupe with the driver or as a pillion on a Hayabusa.

Still we are a breed apart.
Most so called suv manufacturers are bringing in an auto box. So should toyota. The competiton already has it, so they cant affoard to lag behind.

An auto for me anyday and who says that an auto is disadvantageous during offroading? Try taking an auto Range Roveron an otr, you will know its a myth.

Bhai, but why go so far ML hain na (is there). Auto and a good offroader too.

I am getting the fortuner and its gonna be a pain to drive in the city, but what to do i need another low costing SUV (compared to the imports available). I love the Auotmatics for the city and toyota should have thought about it when they brought the Prado and now with the Fortuner. I guess they never learn.
Old 6th August 2009, 13:04   #21
BHPian

Boss ! Let them launch Fortuner first with some good price tag we can worry about auto or Auto ( Driver driven ) later
Old 6th August 2009, 13:13   #22
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Answer to that Q - A resounding YES !

I'd love to have a 4x4 automatic SUV. To reach those mountains, beaches and jungles, everyone has to do a fair bit of highways, where an automatic would be beautiful. And even when you are offroad, its nice when you can concentrate on the surroundings than wrestle with the gearbox all the time. This dosent apply to the jeep junkies...they'd rather do the opposite but I guess u understand what I'm saying?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks