BHPian

looks better than old one, looks like no change as such in interior tone
Attached Thumbnails
When is the facelifted Zen Estilo Coming?-20090821_171442.jpg  

Old 21st August 2009, 18:04   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPK View Post

EDIT: People are finding similarities between estilo and i10. Does anybody find any resemblance of the front to that of VW polo? Or it's just me?
Well to me it looks closer to an i10 rather than an VW Polo.
Old 21st August 2009, 20:11   #108
Senior - BHPian

Some news confirming the engine is 998cc. IMHO this is to relate it with ealier Zen. Although the engine is good, I was expecting detuned K12M.
This will never be the Zen, whatever hard Maruti tries. The earlier zen had low slung profile that aided handling, but this one is not that good a handler. This is just another wagonR. Hopefully the weight of this car will be a less. But, original Zen is original Zen. Maurti messed up big time.
What maruti needs as a perfect replacement for Zen is a car that is slightly smaller than Swift, but has a 1.2 ltr. engine. A-star comes close. But not this. I am disappointed by the A-star motor in Estilo. Bring in 1.2 and see how it affects i10.

Source : Zen and the art of automobile updates

Article :
Quote:

Zen and the art of automobile updates
In a move that spells the end of the road for one of the country's best-loved small cars, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd (MSIL) has decided to stop selling cars under the Zen brand next week, when it launches a refurbished 'Estilo'.

Zen, which was launched way back in 1993, is one of the oldest models on the road today, along with the Ambassador and Maruti 800. The car gained popularity in the 90s with its class-leading looks, peppy drive and jellybean shape.

Every car has its own utility and its own branding. Our thrust with the new Estilo is on style, and not calling it a Zen is incidental, said Mayank Pareek, executive officer, marketing and sales, MSIL.

This is nothing to be emotional about as the Estilo still has all the characteristics of the Zen. One should not expect the same level of performance or sales from every product as every car is unique on its own, he added.

To many, the Zen story ended in December, 2006 when Maruti relaunched the car in the guise of the Zen Estilo. Gone was the jellybean, sacrificed for the tall boy look brought into vogue by the Santro and the Wagon-R.

For Maruti, Zen remains one of the biggest successes the others being the 800, Esteem, Swift and Alto. Till 2006, as many as 6.4 lakh Zens were on the road; the Zen Estilo sold over a lakh units. But the Zen Estilo never quite managed to fit into the by-then legendary footprint of the old Zen.

The Zen has a lot of brand equity and there was a feeling that somewhere the Zen Estilo could not meet the customer expectations who were very fond of the old Zen, said C.V. Raman, chief general manager research and development, MSIL. The new Estilo has been designed keeping in mind the feedback of the customers.

For example we have put in place a new transmission which was a problem area earlier, he added.

In some ways, the new Estilo is more reminiscent of the original Zen than the exisiting Zen Estilo itself. True, it retains the tall-boy design, but it is understated on the lines of the original. At 998 cc, the engine size is also similar to theZens original 993cc, though the new engine is far more powerful.

When the new Estilo hits the roads on August 25, it will well and truly be curtains for the 16-year-old brand that was Zen.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 21st August 2009 at 20:14.
Old 22nd August 2009, 08:09   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
another image, can make out the new front end, resembles the a-star a bit.
Detailed pics can be seen at GuesstheWOWcar. It looks more like a i10 from front. The car is will be launched in a weeks time and will come with a k-series petrol engine from A-Star with same power and torque figures.

With smaller engine under the hood, Maruti is also expected to bring down the price of the new Estillo
Old 22nd August 2009, 09:28   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
'Teaser' images taken from teaser video:

A comparison with existing Estilo shows the front over-hangs is more in the new version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Looks a bit more pleasing thats all!
And that front overhang has increased considerably.Looks more like a mini-minivan!!

the overhang would've increased in mm's and not clearly evident. The silhouette of the car is from the front quarter also including part of the front. hence the visual effect of it being longer now. in actual it'll more or less be the same.
Old 22nd August 2009, 10:40   #111
BHPian

Source: Zen set to drive into history

Extract from the Article:
Quote:
Zen set to drive into history
Maruti Suzuki's Zen, the once-iconic brand that was perhaps the country's first luxury compact car, is all set to fade into history with the company deciding to drop the name from a new refurbished version of the model.

Launched in 1993, the Zen was among the most visible — and also among the highly aspirational — brands from Maruti and soon emerged as a favourite with those looking to add a touch of status symbol to their compact car.

The car emerged as a runaway success, with Maruti Suzuki managing to sell 8.8 lakh units till date, more than 10% of the total 81 lakh units that Maruti has sold since it started selling cars in the country in the early eighties. It ended as the fourth largest selling model for the company after Maruti 800 (27 lakh), Alto (13.5 lakh) and the Omni van (12 lakh).

So what has prompted the company to part ways with one of its old warhorse? Company officials said that brand Zen did not fit into present times and thus it was time to sign it off. "The DNA of brand Zen and the DNA of the current product are not in sync. Therefore, we felt it was time for a change," said Mayank Pareek, Maruti's managing executive officer in-charge of marketing and sales.

While the brand had a great run, it has not been in the pink of health since December 2006, when Maruti went in for major changes to the original low-slung Zen design and opted for a tallboy shape — rechristening the model as Zen Estilo. The new version, however, failed to cut much ice in the market and could manage to sell around 1.2 lakh units till date, averaging only around 3,000 units monthly off late after heavy discounts.

The not-so-enthusiastic performance of the car has now prompted the company to go in for all-new design with a new petrol engine as well as changes to the exterior and the interiors, sans the 'Zen' brand.

Last edited by malgudi : 22nd August 2009 at 10:41.
Old 22nd August 2009, 11:46   #112
BHPian

Guessthewowcar is the New Estillo. It's a facelifted zen estillo and is not a completely new car ala Ritz (Replacement of Wagon R). It'll come with A Star Engine of 1 litre.

Facelift was badly required as people were comparing its shape with Nano.
Old 22nd August 2009, 12:54   #113
BHPian

These are the pics i from the website.
Attached Thumbnails
When is the facelifted Zen Estilo Coming?-2.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 22nd August 2009, 16:40   #114
BHPian

saw three (New) Estilo today on my way back home. The facelift has only been limited to the face there is no change in the any other part even the tail lamp cluster is the same. In my opinion it now looks absolutely like a baby Innova.
Old 24th August 2009, 07:22   #115
BHPian

Good to know that new estilo comes with a New Transmission.Hope that they do this for Wagon R also.
Old 24th August 2009, 07:24   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post

Extract from the Article:
Good to know that the new estilo has a change in its Transmission also.
Old 24th August 2009, 11:40   #117
Senior - BHPian

any confirm news when is this new estilo coming to showrooms to see, new transmission hmm seems nice for this car, also can we expect new WagonR as well?
Old 24th August 2009, 12:19   #118
Senior - BHPian

It's good to know that Maruti has dropped the prefix of 'Zen' from the Estillo----there is no longer any insult to the Zen name !

Looks like MSIL guys have been keenly following threads on Team-BHP and discovered the profanity they'd inadvertently committed-----Note: this is purely my opinion and not meant to offend any Estillo owners.
Old 24th August 2009, 14:59   #119
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
any confirm news when is this new estilo coming to showrooms
Recently, Maruti's teaser sites had a ticker timer that shows the time of the launch, that started some 3-4 days back. Estilo's teaser site still don't have it. That means the launch date is still undecided, or may be beyond 3-4 days?
Old 24th August 2009, 15:16   #120
BHPian

I find the headlights same as i10!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks