Team-BHP - When is the facelifted Zen Estilo Coming?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   When is the facelifted Zen Estilo Coming? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/56879-when-facelifted-zen-estilo-coming.html)

My neighbor just purchased a Zen Estilo Vxi. I was thinking that he's made a correct decision or not as I had read somewhere than an Updated Estilo is coming soon?

What happened to that? Any news/updates?

Edit: Pics courtesy - Google.
Copyright - respective owners.

I think this was done by someone who got so annoyed at the shape that he decided that randomly using a can of spray paint may improve the way it looks!!

Cy bhai,

I guess its a pre-launch snap of the vehicle! Extra color, so they just used it!

but where is the change? what have they modified? grow up maruti please!

Forget facelifts, I'd like to see it retired. It ruined the zen name forever.
But if they do make a change to it, they need to retire the WagonR first. ;)

What has been done cannot be undone now. Maruti made a big mistake by calling the Estilo, a Zen.
Instead of retiring it or phasing it out, they can do up the car a bit like in the 1st pic, give it a cheaper price tag and launch it without the Zen tag. Estilo name has established itself to a good recognition.

Shape and design appeal lies in the eyes of the beholder. For example, many would love the Linea, but I don't find it attractive nor beautiful. Estilo is hated by many of us, but I know there are many out there who think it's cute and loooves it.

Before Maruti does a freshen up job on the exterior, it would be great if they can also include the new Km12 engine as part of the package. Or am I asking too much? :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak (Post 1264037)
What has been done cannot be undone now. Maruti made a big mistake by calling the Estilo, a Zen.
Instead of retiring it or phasing it out, they can do up the car a bit like in the 1st pic, give it a cheaper price tag and launch it without the Zen tag. Estilo name has established itself to a good recognition.

Shape and design appeal lies in the eyes of the beholder. For example, many would love the Linea, but I don't find it attractive nor beautiful. Estilo is hated by many of us, but I know there are many out there who think it's cute and loooves it.

Before Maruti does a freshen up job on the exterior, it would be great if they can also include the new Km12 engine as part of the package. Or am I asking too much? :p

Yes, they can very well omit the ZEN from the name, even if they wanted to gain on goodwill of original ZEN maruti could had rather named the A-Star as zen , which to some extent has some similarities to the original ZEN in terms of its driving characteristics. ((considering even the ZEN was essentially a second gen ALTO in international markets and A-star being the 4th,hence the relation.)

Anyways, I guess its the 'Kb12' engine being talked about as I havent heard of 'Km12'. Although its a good idea but certainly not a possible step from Maruti as Kb12 will be found in SPLASH/RITZ which will be positioned above the Estilo. The 1.1 engine of wagonR/Estilo is a strong performer and quite rev-happy as is the case with all suzuki motors. What needs to be improved though is the handling of Estilo which is nowhere close to its older cousin the WagonR, latter being a good handler (for a Tallboy car).

Even if maruti decides to plonk in a better and more fuel efficient engine in all probability it will be the 'Kb10', 3 cyl. 1000cc engine currently doing duty in the A-star.

Regards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 1262773)

I think this was done by someone who got so annoyed at the shape that he decided that randomly using a can of spray paint may improve the way it looks!!

They couldnt even make a decent effort to mask it properly!!
I cant see the changes though, seems to be the same old boring estillo, only uglier with the stripes!lol:

in the autoexpo 2008, there were many concept ESTILOs ( stock Estilos with some nice body kits ) displayed at the MARUTI stands and all of them looked really neat

i wish they can launch a few of those

As far as I know,Maruti is going to phase out Zen in the next 6 months..

The small car stable for Maruti

2 - 3L Alto
3 - 4L Wagon R/A Star(they'll reduce its price)
4 - 4.5L Ritz(to be launched soon)
4 - 5.5L Swift

Quote:

Originally Posted by white_vdi (Post 1263835)
but where is the change? what have they modified? grow up maruti please!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pradster (Post 1264425)
They couldnt even make a decent effort to mask it properly!!
I cant see the changes though, seems to be the same old boring estillo, only uglier with the stripes!lol:

It is the same old Estilo itself. These are the pre-launch pics. I.e. clicked in 2006.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joy_swift (Post 1264721)
As far as I know,Maruti is going to phase out Zen in the next 6 months..

The small car stable for Maruti

2 - 3L Alto
3 - 4L Wagon R/A Star(they'll reduce its price)
4 - 4.5L Ritz(to be launched soon)
4 - 5.5L Swift

I don't think Maruti will phase out the Zen so soon. Its been in existence for only 3 years now and is selling in decent numbers. You can see more Estilo's than a Spark/ or should I say Santro as well! Atleast in Mumbai.

May be yet another sports version from Maruti..:D:D

Real upgrade IMO is already there, and is called A star.

is it just the shape of the Estilo or anything esle is wrong with the car?

im planning to buy a car for my in laws, i thought estilo makes a good car for them!

Alto on the other hand make a good choice but lacks on power compared to 1 lts estilo!

whats wrong with estilo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parm (Post 1265044)
is it just the shape of the Estilo or anything esle is wrong with the car?

im planning to buy a car for my in laws, i thought estilo makes a good car for them!

Alto on the other hand make a good choice but lacks on power compared to 1 lts estilo!

whats wrong with estilo?

NO,nothing else is wrong with the Estilo. Its a good city car with a nice engine and has good features. Only that its handling on winding roads is not confidence aspiring and the steering does not gets heavy as the speed increase. Otherwise, like almost all the Marutis, its a nice buy, and with the kind of after sales maruti has to offer, one may buy it with eyes closed.

Regards.

Estilo looks better with the kit Maruti sells.
My cousin intent to get once coz its the only thing that can be parked inside his flat compound!