Team-BHP - Getting Bangalore car re-registered in Noida
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Getting Bangalore car re-registered in Noida (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/5689-getting-bangalore-car-re-registered-noida.html)

If I move from Bangalore to Noida(UP), is it possible to get my car reregistered there. I heard that in Delhi we cannot get a car reregistered if its original registration no. was of some other state.
My car is Euro II

Sush, i suggest you get in touch with another member on team-bhp (i think tsk1973). I beleive even he came from bang to noida and faced a similar situation as you did..

I need to get my car moved from Delhi to Bangalore. Any body has any idea how that gets done and what it costs...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ST7677
I need to get my car moved from Delhi to Bangalore. Any body has any idea how that gets done and what it costs...?

You need to get the NOC from the Delhi RTO. Once in Bangalore, you will have to pay the re-registration fees and pay the road tax again. Road tax is 8-9% in bangalore.

hmm its tsk1979. I am not going to get my car re registered. I will run KA number here. I own property in bangalore and i can always say i am in delhi for 4 months only or so :).
But the procedure is as follows.
Go to bangalore RTO. They will give you NOC. Get the NOC and come to delhi/noida, get your car registered and then send photocopy to bangalore RTO and get your money back(about 50% is returned for a 2 year old car). You will get new DL number. The procedure at bangalore RTO takes about one day and 1K to touts, rest is all fee.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
hmm its tsk1979. I am not going to get my car re registered. I will run KA number here. I own property in bangalore and i can always say i am in delhi for 4 months only or so :).
But the procedure is as follows.
Go to bangalore RTO. They will give you NOC. Get the NOC and come to delhi/noida, get your car registered and then send photocopy to bangalore RTO and get your money back(about 50% is returned for a 2 year old car). You will get new DL number. The procedure at bangalore RTO takes about one day and 1K to touts, rest is all fee.

Does the Noida/Delhi RTO allow this kind of re-registration. I am doubtful about this.

I talked to my cousin who runs a transport company. As long as you can prove you own residence in state of registeration, the cops wont harrass you. Also the delhi people point out that cars registered in other states are never stopped for want of delhi number. Infact in delhi many cars you see are UP/PB/HR/RJ registered.

Euro-III is in ? Right.
In that case no car will be provided an new registration no. if its not Euro-III compliant in Delhi.

Tarun

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
I talked to my cousin who runs a transport company. As long as you can prove you own residence in state of registeration, the cops wont harrass you. Also the delhi people point out that cars registered in other states are never stopped for want of delhi number. Infact in delhi many cars you see are UP/PB/HR/RJ registered.

Well you know what ... Its fine to drive other state registered cars in most other state .. But B'lore police is very strict about driving other state regsitered cars in b'lore beyond 15 days ...
some stupid rule .. Dunno what to do about it ... ended up buying a new car when opened office in b'lore..

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVO6
Well you know what ... Its fine to drive other state registered cars in most other state .. But B'lore police is very strict about driving other state regsitered cars in b'lore beyond 15 days ...
some stupid rule .. Dunno what to do about it ... ended up buying a new car when opened office in b'lore..

They ease off if you have paid the tax

Why should i pay double tax...
My car one time tax is already paid in MH ..
no point paying double tax ...
There were 3 of my cars in bangalore registered in MH that were constantly troubled by KA cops