Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2010, 14:20   #166
BHPian

I don't mind the guys on pulsars and other 150cc + riders.They are fast and annoy me only while getting through once.

But I absolutely hate those guys on 100cc guys who ride in the middle of the road.It doesn't matter how much space there is on the road,they never let you go.If you try to overtake from right,they move to right and if you overtake from left they move to left.Why??

And finally when you overtake them with great difficulty,the traffic stops and they squeeze past from the side touching your mirrors.When the traffic starts moving,its the same story all over again.
I don't want to get started on autos and buses.

Old 28th April 2010, 14:54   #167
Senior - BHPian

Let me admit - Mea Culpa.
I ride very badly on a 2-wheeler (and am the exact opposite in 4 wheels). I have just bought a new scooter and running it in means not exceeding 40 kmph. I have discovered something amazing!
I can ride slowly, defensively, and be smart about cutting lanes based on signals/bus stops/etc, and still keep up with the totally mad bikers weaving like they want to commit suicide
Old 28th April 2010, 15:08   #168
jp1
BHPian

I can tolerate the guys not giving way to overtake etc. But biggest irritation is when you wait in a signal, they squeeze in between two vehicles and come to your front, in the process scratching the car or dislocating the side mirrors. This happens all the time.

Then if there is a long traffic jam, they capture the footpath. No one can walk on it , these guys would be zooming on the footpath. Once a guy badly hit me when I was walking on foot path and bas...rd did not even bother to stop and say sorry.

BTW I also use a two wheeler and very conscious about these.

Last edited by jp1 : 28th April 2010 at 15:09.
Old 28th April 2010, 16:19   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
...they capture the footpath. No one can walk on it , these guys would be zooming on the footpath. Once a guy badly hit me when I was walking on foot path and bas...
Quite a few times I had to resort to some mild form of verbal abuse on such two wheeler riders when I walk on the footpath and these lesser mortals encroach upon the walking space.

Sometimes when I see someone taking their bikes onto the footpaths, I stand still, take out my mobile phone, type messages/browse/change theme etc etc, all this while the biker is honking like crazy. I don't budge and make them stay right there till the signal is green or he/she goes back onto the road.
Old 28th April 2010, 18:34   #170
BHPian

Two wheelers espcially bikers are crazy bunch I believe. recent incident while taking a left turn which was free on signals, this biker who was in the left lane but wanted to go straight but couldn't as it was red fro straight traffic. I honked him asked him to move he din budge, instead made a gesture that there is lot of space for me and I am wrong honking... I wish I could throw him and his bike

Well that was not the end for the week there were multiple instances of bikers crossing, cutting me . They are the daredevils or as my family calls them Jaanbaaz
Old 28th April 2010, 18:34   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Sometimes when I see someone taking their bikes onto the footpaths, I stand still, take out my mobile phone, type messages/browse/change theme etc etc, all this while the biker is honking like crazy. I don't budge and make them stay right there till the signal is green or he/she goes back onto the road.
That's a good way to ensure the numskulls dont think its their right to use the foot path for riding. I will also follow the same next time some 2 wheeler is trying to hog the foot path.
Old 28th April 2010, 18:38   #172
BHPian

The morons driving and HONKING on the footpath are the worst of the lot. It just takes 1 idiot and another 20 follow him. They should ban 2 wheelers.
Old 28th April 2010, 19:42   #173
Senior - BHPian

Got hit today as well

Well, another moron trying to squeeze in today at Lalbagh (Mumbai) banged into the private taxi that I was traveling in. Luckily there was not much damage just a godawful big sound. Luckily, the driver was a calm guy too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx
In some countries in Europe, they've started following the principle that the more the damage that your vehicle can cause, the greater the responsibility you have of ensuring the road's a safer place.
This was in Pune about a year ago. The lights had just turned green and I was accelerating out of the signal; not madly, but steadily. Out of nowhere, I have this guy on a silver Pulsar who screams in from the left, banks and turns sharply to the right trying to beat the right turn signal. It is these drivers I would classify as 'senseless'. There is just no way anyone in their right mind would do what this idiot had done. If I was just about 5kmph faster (or at 35 kmph) this guy would have been history. And I would have been in jail for no fault of mine.
Old 28th April 2010, 19:51   #174
BHPian

Found this thread while browsing through TBHP.

Could not stop me from expressing my frustration on the two wheelers in Bangalore. I have driven in many places, but over taking and taking turns at left/right turns just next to your car (scratching your car most of the time) is very common in B'lore. Very often these pests squese in in turnings putting themselves and the ones in the car in danger.

India is one place every two wheel rider needs to be educated about traffice rules starting with lesson-1.

Never mind, their behavior may not change even after another 50 years. We have the ICE to put on and relax, anyways.
Old 28th April 2010, 20:05   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
And finally when you overtake them with great difficulty,the traffic stops and they squeeze past from the side touching your mirrors.When the traffic starts moving,its the same story all over again.
+1. I have faced this several times and can visualize this
Old 28th April 2010, 20:05   #176
BHPian

No RVM

Dont know about other cities but in Chennai almost all two-wheelers I see do not have Rear View Mirrors. It is a different matter they do not know how to use it. It is very scary when you want to overtake someone as you never know when that guy is going to come in your path (forget lane..they do not know what a lane is). You only hope is honk and hope he has paid heed to it.
Old 29th April 2010, 03:27   #177
BHPian

My car was hit by a police vehicle. Apparently, those chaps were gossiping about something and didn't notice their rolling into mine. I was soo damn furious and when I confronted, I was asked to leave because I was apparently causing a traffic jam.

The rear bumper had a weird corner with no paint - almost like a scar and I had to spend quite a bit to get that painted.

There is very little that can be done when the law enforcers commit such atrocities.
Old 29th April 2010, 09:21   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyqed View Post
My car was hit by a police vehicle. Apparently, those chaps were gossiping about something and didn't notice their rolling into mine. I was soo damn furious and when I confronted, I was asked to leave because I was apparently causing a traffic jam.

The rear bumper had a weird corner with no paint - almost like a scar and I had to spend quite a bit to get that painted.

There is very little that can be done when the law enforcers commit such atrocities.
Make erring cops pay : Praveen Sood, additional commissioner of traffic - dnaindia.com

Send an email/call up Praveen Sood and ask him what's the right course of action for such an offence. He's a good guy and should help.

http://bcp.gov.in/english/organisati...one%20Nos.html
Old 29th April 2010, 10:35   #179
Senior - BHPian

I've tried to sketch some of the common mistakes made by Two-wheeler morons. (I am not an artist, But I believe you can understand it from the figure)
Attached Thumbnails
Senseless two wheeler riders-twowheelermorons.jpg  

Old 29th April 2010, 11:56   #180
BHPian

@agbenny,

W.r.to Your picture, they dont have many options but to ride in Your blind spot or between vehicles., do they!

PS: Nice handwriting, I wish I listened to my english teacher in school to practice cursive writing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks