Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2008, 16:32   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Actually the last one about the LCD screen is doable, I believe...
gd, Thanks. Yes, I was thinking the same. That screen would be a big help
On a serious note, it's not just 2 wheel riders that are senseless, it can be just about anyone. A friend had a terrible accident few days back while riding his bike and it wasn't his fault. Anyone gets pissed when someone tried to cut their lane but we need to maintain sanity while driving. Very few drivers are 'disciplined' and patient, instead of beating each other up and increasing your BP it's better to let go of small things. Everyone's time is important, but your life is more so. When on the road follow a simple rule "I'm on going to lose my temper".
Old 15th April 2008, 17:10   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzy View Post
When on the road follow a simple rule "I'm on going to lose my temper".
I am sure you meant "I'm not going to lose my temper"
Old 15th April 2008, 17:34   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
I am sure you meant "I'm not going to lose my temper"
My bad, please read as stated above. Thanks
Old 16th April 2008, 07:15   #124
Senior - BHPian

No point in fighting.

I had a very bad experience when a girl in City rear ended my bike and I had injured meniscus in left knee i.e. the bony cartilage between present in knee to absorb the shocks was damaged.
I was in plaster for a month.

At the point of the accident, i asked the girl to call her father. I was in pain, but being a weight lifter and an former national level football player, the fighting spirit was there.
When he came up i slapped him only to know that he has Contacts.

Eventually the matter was solved, but not before I beat him up saying that I will leave you when you contact comes to save you.

But thing might not work. Beating someone on the road will not solve real problem that lies in the brain of indian people.
What ever i did, i was inactive for a month. One day you will hear that a truck ran over a bike or bicycle. These type of people die this way mostly.
God is there to punish them, and they willl pay for what they have done, may be today or tomorrow, but they will pay back.

PS: My experience also tells me that four wheeler driver can also be senseless. This is not targetting the person who started the thread, but the incidence metnotioned above in my post.
Old 16th April 2008, 10:04   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I had a very bad experience when a girl in City rear ended my bike and I had injured meniscus in left knee i.e. the bony cartilage between present in knee to absorb the shocks was damaged.
I was in plaster for a month.

At the point of the accident, i asked the girl to call her father. I was in pain, but being a weight lifter and an former national level football player, the fighting spirit was there.
When he came up i slapped him only to know that he has Contacts.

Eventually the matter was solved, but not before I beat him up saying that I will leave you when you contact comes to save you.

But thing might not work. Beating someone on the road will not solve real problem that lies in the brain of indian people.
What ever i did, i was inactive for a month. One day you will hear that a truck ran over a bike or bicycle. These type of people die this way mostly.
God is there to punish them, and they willl pay for what they have done, may be today or tomorrow, but they will pay back.

PS: My experience also tells me that four wheeler driver can also be senseless. This is not targetting the person who started the thread, but the incidence mentioned above in my post.

All your statements are true. But I feel that sometimes when the pressure builds up too much, even though we are sane, even though we are cultured, even though we know whats right n wrong and that our actions are futile,.. we end up getting aggressive. You may let go a 100 times but No 101, whoever that may be - gets it all. The pressure valve releases some pressure and there is a sense of relief albeit sometimes followed by some guilt.
If this was not true and we could all stay composed at all times and all situations and had no rage or had complete control on rage, then i presume we all would be qualified to teaching the art of living. With age and experience nothing much changes, just that the timer of the pressure valve has a furthur delay. And when you can no longer react or respond that means you have pressure valve failure and you are at the mercy of someone else's rage or you have achieved sainthood.
Old 16th April 2008, 13:29   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All your statements are true. But I feel that sometimes when the pressure builds up too much, even though we are sane, even though we are cultured, even though we know whats right n wrong and that our actions are futile,.. we end up getting aggressive. You may let go a 100 times but No 101, whoever that may be - gets it all. The pressure valve releases some pressure and there is a sense of relief albeit sometimes followed by some guilt.
If this was not true and we could all stay composed at all times and all situations and had no rage or had complete control on rage, then i presume we all would be qualified to teaching the art of living. With age and experience nothing much changes, just that the timer of the pressure valve has a furthur delay. And when you can no longer react or respond that means you have pressure valve failure and you are at the mercy of someone else's rage or you have achieved sainthood.
@Jaysmokeleaves:
Yes we cant let go 101, but then losing temper also hurts our brains as our blood pressure rises up.
In the above mentioned incidence, when i went to hospital with my family, I was immediately given some medicine that was put below my tounge and was bad tasting. That was to reduce my Blood pressure.
Why give other the power to raise your blood pressure? He will die his own death. Some one cuts in front of me. If i lose temper he is the winner. Let him go, one day he willl pay for his deeds.

At young age I think like this because I have suffered a lot( I cant put up every thing here ).
Its not sainthood or death, but its a good virtue of not tolerence but Forgiveness. Not always required, but most of the time forgiveness is the key to prevent damaging your self.

However, in the above accident mentioned by me and the thread starter, you cant let any one go.
Old 17th April 2008, 01:31   #127
Senior - BHPian

senseless two wheelers!!!

here is an example....
Attached Thumbnails
Senseless two wheeler riders-fools.jpg  

Old 17th April 2008, 07:00   #128
Senior - BHPian

They are nuisance to everyone.

@SirAlec:
The picture you have pasted is the ground reality of India.
These type of people are a nuisance to everyone, wheather they are bicycle riders, motorcycle riders or car drivers.

In the past each one of us wheather on 2 or 4 wheeler, have experienced trouble becuase of people like these.

Yes they are true Senseless Riders.

I suggest that you dont post any images where the two wheeler rider is not wearing a helmet.
Old 17th April 2008, 13:31   #129
Senior - BHPian

You will find most unsensible drivers in Gujarat!.

There are some circles without lights or policemen...I famously call them 'Ram bharose circles'. To counter such circles and crossroads, you have to keep all the rule books of driving home, possibly in a dust bin!
Old 17th April 2008, 14:27   #130
BHPian

Today morning, an idiot 2 wheeler driver about to hit my car taking a turn from extreme left to right. By his left hand he was hearing his phone and with right hand he is holding his bike handle. Without looking at the back or without indicator he just turned right and suddenly came infront of me and i had to brake very hard to avoid the accident and lancer at the back almost hit my boot.
I overtook him and stopped the car in bet. the road, and hit him with a full force, i don't know where his mobile had gone on the road. In that lancer a policeman was sitting, they all took him on the side of the road and asked me to leave and told me that they will take care of him.
There are senseless 4 wheeler drivers too but more idiots are most of the 2 wheeler drivers. Sometimes i also drive 2 wheeler but i drive in the left with proper indicators and horns and i always try maintain my distance of 3-4 feet from the sideways traffic if possible.
Old 17th April 2008, 15:32   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
PS: My experience also tells me that four wheeler driver can also be senseless. This is not targetting the person who started the thread, but the incidence metnotioned above in my post.
Every Indian citizen whether on a bike, in a car, in a trcuk or on foot has exactly the same right to be senseless as every one else.

Some will evolve into being sensible and some will stay senseless for their rest of their lives.
Old 17th April 2008, 22:06   #132
Senior - BHPian

Think of me!

Quote:
You will find most unsensible drivers in Gujarat!.

There are some circles without lights or policemen...I famously call them 'Ram bharose circles'. To counter such circles and crossroads, you have to keep all the rule books of driving home, possibly in a dust bin!
I am a native of Baroda/Vadodara and my i.e. almost all relatives are in A'bad.
I have driven in both the cities extensively. Dont disrespect Dust Bin by clamiming that the rules are thrown into it.

Actually there are almost no rules. Well most of the circles are without cops.
Once I was just three Km away from my home and the time to cross critical 1km towards my home was more than 1 hour. Yes it was chaos and eventually there was lathicharge to get rid of anti social elements who just came there to tease good people.

Its really tough to drive especially in the time zone of 5:30 to 7:30.
4 inch of rain will close two very imp underpass!

@Sankar:
You are able to chip in my views( Just as Intel and AMD do with microprocessors ) into perfect words that I was not able to find.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 17th April 2008 at 22:08. Reason: Forgot one reply
Old 17th April 2008, 22:22   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Every Indian citizen whether on a bike, in a car, in a trcuk or on foot has exactly the same right to be senseless as every one else.

Some will evolve into being sensible and some will stay senseless for their rest of their lives.
Well said,Sankar. Thats what happens always.
Even if a sensible person tries to correct another idiot on the road,he's scorned at,and en toto, nothing gets resolved/changes made to making a road safer to commute on.
Old 17th April 2008, 23:31   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
I overtook him and stopped the car in bet. the road, and hit him with a full force, i don't know where his mobile had gone on the road.
Hey man,

Can I sell you an accident insurance? or a life insurance? Clearly, an anger management course you'd surely not be willing to experience, or I could sell you that as well :P
Old 18th April 2008, 00:11   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Hey man,

Can I sell you an accident insurance? or a life insurance? Clearly, an anger management course you'd surely not be willing to experience, or I could sell you that as well :P
haha man. good one. Really enjoyed

Sorry for the off topic.
OT: Today delhi was all messed up all jams jams and jams. Tibatians are protesting in Delhi Cantonment Area, just came from the jam. Kirwi place to dhaula kuan all messed up. and in the evening R. K. Puram to toll road (half occupied was messed up in jams) i.e exactly 20 km jam. Let that Idiot lady drive the car on Delhi Roads then only she can understand the roads condition.

Last edited by Dippy : 28th April 2010 at 10:39. Reason: Lets keep a clean language protocol here. Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks