Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2006, 12:00   #76
BHPian

Hi O -ve ,
I can understand what you feel. We gys face the same daily during our drive from sector 62 noida to sector 81 and back. There is a place called Bankel in between. Any guys travelled through this road must be getting atleast one scratch to remember. More than half of the road is occupied by pedestrians and cyclewalas. It is pathetic to see that private buses stop at the middle of the road at peak hours and take people from road. Recently on private bus smashed or left rearveiw mirror of Flair. Two months before on cyclewala made a big dent on the bonet lid of swift by sitting on it after hitting the car. They never cahnge. Road manerism is one thing should be tought in primary school. General public also will support the person with Small vehicle irrespective of who has done the mistake.
Old 30th March 2006, 12:02   #77
Senior - BHPian

Aditya, incidently I have very similar exprience to share. I was coming to Pune from Mahabaleshwar and had just crossed the Khambataki ghat toll.

As you know, the road from toll booth till Shirwal is very good and almost everyone does 100+ all the time. I was at around 100-110 on the flyover near Pargaon Khandala, when I saw an old man, carrying something over head, started crossing the road even without looking for oncoming traffic. I noticed and immediately honked, but he didn't even bother to look. He kept on walking in straight line. I braked hard and came to complete half around 10 feet from him. People were shouting at him, but even when I stopped (with one hand over horn), he took his time to cross to the road. Not once he looked at the road. May be he was deaf?

I shudder to think, what if I didn't brake in time, or if there was any other car doing 130-140 there (the road is really good.)
Old 24th March 2008, 17:44   #78
BHPian

poor riding habits & discipline of two wheeler riders

Over the last month, I have become so frustrated with the craziness with which motorcycle & scooter riders take on the roads.. people have absolutely no concern for rules or common sense.. they just to want point their two wheeler in any space they can find..

Is there anything that can be done to bring some discipline ro road sense among two wheeler riders? Why dont any of the manufacturers take initiative to teach some proper riding habits to their buyers since the license authorities and traffic police seem to have given up ?
Old 24th March 2008, 21:00   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianbandra View Post
Over the last month, I have become so frustrated with the craziness with which motorcycle & scooter riders take on the roads.. people have absolutely no concern for rules or common sense.. they just to want point their two wheeler in any space they can find..

Is there anything that can be done to bring some discipline ro road sense among two wheeler riders? Why dont any of the manufacturers take initiative to teach some proper riding habits to their buyers since the license authorities and traffic police seem to have given up ?
Hey, what about the majority of car drivers? Virtually every car driver in Bangalore has no common sense, they don't follow lanes, use their mobile phones and keep honking indiscriminately. I cringe every time I see a car carrying one of the IT types, single guy trying to look cool and important. I'm sure the other cities are no different.

Atleast the two wheeler is occupying lesser space on the road and not contributing to the pathetic traffic situation.
Old 24th March 2008, 22:09   #80
BHPian

yes many car drivers too need to watch themselves much better
Old 10th April 2008, 16:00   #81
BHPian

One more life lost - RIP

Though its very sad, but I witnessed death of a biker. This happened at Range-Hills junction of Mumbai-Pune road, near to Wakadewadi, Pune

Today morning while signals were switched off and truck with a container load arrived at crossing, lately realized that he has to use diversion because of road work after crossing ahead and sign board of that was not before crossing but after the crossing. While truck negotiating left turn, biker (read M80) coming from road of that direction, tred to skip and make sharp zig-zag to go around the moving truck. Bike skidded and biker fell below right front wheel.

That's tragic end of M80 rider without helmet. After 45 minutes those signboards were moved before crossing.

Last edited by omishra : 10th April 2008 at 16:11.
Old 10th April 2008, 18:04   #82
BHPian

In delhi, BlueLine buses were blamed like hell by media. I do agree they drive a bit non sense but two wheelers were more idiots than the blueline buses.

One day at safdarjung flyover, ring road. my car was running around just 3 feet away from a pvt bus. A biker suddenly appears and trying to overtake me from that just 3 feet distance bet. my car and bus. I could take right too on that time because of another vehical running close to me on the right. Oh boy!! to scare that idiot biker i gave a left indicator, opened my rear window and started looking at him and invited him to over take me from that space and when he slowed down i minimized my distance bet. me and the bus. Oh Damn!! my friend sitting next to me abused him so badly i cant tell you, then he tried to overtake me from my right and again i suddenly took my car on the right and invited him to overtake me, and scared him as if he tries to overtake me then i'm gonna crush him into the divider. He didnt had guts to overtake me again on that time. lol

Now to overcome such people who are on 2 wheeler who come across me on the road suddenly. What i do.. is to blow up my hella horn (loud horn) and overtake them very closely.

2nd i don't apply brakes for them unless its an emergency, My Hella Horn is the key to blow up their mind, that don't come infront of me, i'm going to screw you and your bike.

But yes, i do give smile and thanx to the people who drive safely and in their limits. Proper indicators by two wheels, i'm going to give them space to go left or right. If they try to mess with me then boy i'm on a 4 wheeler, not on 2 wheeler that can loose balance.

A loud Horn to Scare them suddenly is the key for me.
Old 10th April 2008, 20:52   #83
Senior - BHPian

A similar thread is going on elsewhere - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...xperience.html and you can see my response on this issue there as well...
Old 11th April 2008, 05:28   #84
BHPian

here is something that might help.....

http://world.guns.ru/smg/uzi-micro2.jpg
Old 11th April 2008, 06:56   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
One day at safdarjung flyover, ring road. my car was running around just 3 feet away from a pvt bus. A biker suddenly appears and trying to overtake me from that just 3 feet distance bet. my car and bus. I could take right too on that time because of another vehical running close to me on the right. Oh boy!! to scare that idiot biker i gave a left indicator, opened my rear window and started looking at him and invited him to over take me from that space and when he slowed down i minimized my distance bet. me and the bus. Oh Damn!! my friend sitting next to me abused him so badly i cant tell you, then he tried to overtake me from my right and again i suddenly took my car on the right and invited him to overtake me, and scared him as if he tries to overtake me then i'm gonna crush him into the divider. He didnt had guts to overtake me again on that time. lol

Now to overcome such people who are on 2 wheeler who come across me on the road suddenly. What i do.. is to blow up my hella horn (loud horn) and overtake them very closely.

2nd i don't apply brakes for them unless its an emergency, My Hella Horn is the key to blow up their mind, that don't come infront of me, i'm going to screw you and your bike.
Hmm.. These are really risky things to do with bikers. When I drive a car, I do not bother much about the two wheelers, not matter how bad they overtake me, or how bad they ride. Because if you try something like this, and if the two wheeler guy falls down and dies (or something really bad happens to him), you'll be beaten down to death, Or they'll put your car on fire, if they're able to get you.
Old 11th April 2008, 08:29   #86
BANNED

What is this new breed called 'IT Types'? Is it people who work in IT or is it the a race?
I guess its the latter since the IT folks would have visited many countries would be familiar with road habits of those countries. I am sure they would want to practice the same in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
I cringe every time I see a car carrying one of the IT types, single guy trying to look cool and important. I'm sure the other cities are no different.
Old 11th April 2008, 08:57   #87
BHPian

During my commute, I have seen quite few bikers having narrow miss or light scrapping with heavy truck on Western express highway, Mumbai as they zigzag ahead.

Sharing one unique experience at Tulsi pipe road in Mumbai - A biker from the opposite direction tried to take a u turn in the little space between road dividers on the bridge.

Almost hit into the corolla ahead of me, lucky the driver had the presence of mind and managed to narrowly miss the bike rider.

The biker flagged the corolla down and engaged into heated argument, I stopped in to support the corolla driver and to tell the biker that how lucky he was.

His response was quite an eye opener - "I dont want lessons on how i ride, this is Mumbai, time is most important".

Thereafter I have realised that many riders very well recognise risks involved and are willing to pay the price.

Now, when I see a daredevil biker , I just hope that if he ends up in an accident then it's not with my car pls.
Old 11th April 2008, 09:21   #88
BHPian

I ride my Bullet to work once or twice a week (the Lancer on the remaining days). Try my level best to follow lane discipline, but there are these pesky autowallahs and old-aged Uncles in their M800s hogging the right lane at a sedate 30-40 kph leaving no space for overtaking. In these circumstances I have no option but to overtake from the left.

I have seen the so-called dare-devil bikers on Karizmas and P220s and other fast bikes (read Pulsars and CBZs) trying to race against my Bullet 500. I don't care a damn if they whizz past me at full throttle. I pity their behavior because they are risking their own lives as well as fellow commuters. I say to myself, "Let them have fun in the city, I will take them on the highway if needed".
Old 11th April 2008, 11:01   #89
BHPian

Among all two wheelers, the most terrible ones to negotiate with are the old scooters with an old driver wearing a helmet....
Old 11th April 2008, 11:25   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
Atleast the two wheeler is occupying lesser space on the road and not contributing to the pathetic traffic situation.
I give the same amount of space for a 2-wheeler ahead of me as I would give a 4-wheeler. Its a misconception that 2 wheelers occupy less space. Maybe they occupy less space when they bunch together, but a 2-wheeler can hog the whole lane just like a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianbandra View Post
yes many car drivers too need to watch themselves much better
Problem is that its the 2-wheeler riders who end up dead if they dont watch themselves much better. Most of the time, 4-wheeler drivers escape with maybe a dent to their vehicle and ego.

So who should be more careful? I am not defending 4-wheelers, just a bit of common sense thinking.

Last edited by spadival : 11th April 2008 at 11:28.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks