Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2005, 10:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

Senseless two wheeler riders

Okay.

First an apology to the Team-BHP guys who went on the trip this Sunday. Was caught in Harihareshwar (after going thorugh some of the worst roads I have driven through). But this not about that.

This about two screwed up individuals - one on a cycle and another on a motorcycle.

The first idiot scratches my car and inaugurates what has been one of the most wretched weekends of my life. The idiot was looking else where and driving and then just for no rhyme or reason turns into the car. All this happened in the Hiranandani complex in Powai. And the guy has the cheek to tell me that he was driving correctly.

The second is motorcycle driver who did not know how to judge his distance and smashed my right rear taillight. I was not in a position to chase him down and do something nice to him. So I might be spending a fortune replacing the tail-lights and touching up.

How do you guys handle such situations? Frankly speaking I wanted to thrash both of them. I am so pissed off I cannot work.

P.S. Thanks for editing the topic title.

Last edited by typeOnegative : 23rd May 2005 at 10:36.
Old 23rd May 2005, 12:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thrash them - it helps. Not advisable, but there are times when one has to do it.
Old 23rd May 2005, 13:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

No road rage...listen to some soothing music. Theres no point in getting into fights on the road.

Drifter
Old 23rd May 2005, 13:34   #4
BHPian

grrrrr........... send them to me... i'll fix them both good.....
the first idiot willhave his cheek blasted with nitre and the other one will definately find his head humming inside a wall......

i hate such people, why cant they keep their eyes in the road....??? i know how you must be feeling
Old 23rd May 2005, 13:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys. Guess I required to vent thats all. I was just terribly upset. The original title of this thread said it all - if you saw it before it was changed.
Old 23rd May 2005, 13:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey type - know how you feel dude ! but then you cant do a thing to these fellows ...how many will you trash or educate ?

i drive under the constant threat that a cycle or a 2 wheeler will definitely scratch my door / break my rear view mirror when they try and squeeze into gaps at signals trying to get ahead of the other vehicles. im PARANOID about this !

infact i tend to stop at signals keeping enuf space for these idiots to pass thru..until some smart arse rickshaw driver tries to get into the gap !!!

BAh !!!!!!!!
Old 23rd May 2005, 14:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
until some smart arse rickshaw driver tries to get into the gap !!!
Never a truer word spoken. Those threewheeled egg faced insects really are a pain in suburban Mumbai. Alas, they are also a respite on days when you'd rather not take your car out. Win-some, Lose-some.

Revv
Old 23rd May 2005, 14:21   #8
DRC
BHPian

Why leave a space and get an idiot into it, I stop with out any space for any one to sneak in!
Old 23rd May 2005, 14:28   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
I stop with out any space for any one to sneak in!
does that stop these jerks from not trying ?? and to top that you stop at the mercy of the fool in front of you who decided to roll back a little before taking off !!

Maan I have become such a pessimist driving in bbay!!

excuse me but i desperatly need a drink !

Last edited by normally_crazy : 23rd May 2005 at 14:33.
Old 23rd May 2005, 15:32   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Reminds of 2 things.
- Our Palio was hit by a biker too and the whole left side up till the front door had some sign of damage and the roof and bonnet too had some damage thanks to the rider who fell and dented them both.I was not there but if i was there i would have made sure they never left the Hospital even if they recovered.
- A drunk and drugged homeless guy with a natural stick came and broke the tail light Garnish of our Brand new Lancer when we were moving in the middle of Lamington road.
Later when we saw the damage while getting the tyres changed, our driver went to find the drunkard but he had run away.
On the bright side, we had found him yesterday and beat the living **** out of him.
Old 23rd May 2005, 15:49   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
does that stop these jerks from not trying ?? and to top that you stop at the mercy of the fool in front of you who decided to roll back a little before taking off !!

Maan I have become such a pessimist driving in bbay!!

excuse me but i desperatly need a drink !
hey nc
i understand your situation totally i also know how it feels when your car is fully new and some stupid biker or autorickshaw comes and scratches your car you all get totally pissed off but this is natural for everyone. we all love our cars to death and we love them even more when they are brand new. there is a constant fear that some stupid biker or anyone else will bump into us. these autorickshaw's try to get in the tiniest place also. i have also seen biker's driving in the center lane when they are supposed to drive in the extreme left lane.
Old 23rd May 2005, 16:04   #12
Senior - BHPian

Though i am a biker but i totally agree on this, even i haev seen people riding like idiots on 2 wheelers, they think they can enter anywhere & are in a mess when they can not get thru.

basically it happens due to two things, One poor judgement(thats because of lack of technicalities of riding) & 2nd another important being the cars having shorter braking distance then most of the two wheelers, which adds up teh woes when the braking is sudden.
Old 23rd May 2005, 16:12   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why leave a space and get an idiot into it, I stop with out any space for any one to sneak in!
Even if you dont leave that space, people at the signals tend to cross between the cars and bend your no. plate

Some BHPians have seen the plight of my front no. plate. Got it changed now. Bottom line is there is nothing we can do about it though sometimes my bro and I satify ourselves by ramming our Sierra into these pesky rickshaws

Dippy
Old 23rd May 2005, 16:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

In Pune the situation is much worse

Once when I was waiting at signal a kid riding bike came & scratched my car even before I could roll down my window he was long gone

it is really amazing how less number of accidents happen in pune considering the situation
Old 23rd May 2005, 20:08   #15
BHPian

Quote:
The idiot was looking else where and driving and then just for no rhyme or reason turns into the car. All this happened in the Hiranandani complex in Powai. And the guy has the cheek to tell me that he was driving correctly.
Looks like Hiranandani, Powai has a lot of bad drivers! Last week, I left my car parked near D-Mart. When I came back I was shocked to find my right-rear door dented. My scratchless, dentless silver Zen was bruised and hurt! Some manical driver (or a woman?) must have had his wheels turned to extreme left while reversing and hence the *kiss* to my car. Like they say, the first cut is the deepest - this first dent on my baby hurts real bad. But I guess if you are driving in Mumbai, dents on your car are inevitable. I have gotten over it and am living with it. Infact, I know if I repair this one, I'm gonna get another one very soon!

My sympathies are with you, typeOnegative.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed