Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2007, 20:59   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Tanwaramit- You might wait a lifetime before the fortuner is out, Toyota is concentrating more on a small car so i doubt the fortuner is anywhere in the horizon.

Although there are good contenders in the pipeline like the Chevy Captiva and Mitsubishi Outlander so you could wait for those instead.
Old 12th September 2007, 11:13   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Tanwaramit- You might wait a lifetime before the fortuner is out, Toyota is concentrating more on a small car so i doubt the fortuner is anywhere in the horizon.
Yeah, read this in the papers...but hoping (just hopes) that they could be thinking small car and one SUV....no harm in doing that... look at what Hyundai has done....flooded the market with its cars.....given the users OPTIONS to choose from....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Although there are good contenders in the pipeline like the Chevy Captiva and Mitsubishi Outlander so you could wait for those instead.
Any idea how much the pricing of these two models would be ?? Chevy - GM brand: not sure how it will do in terms of FE & maintenance...

Mitsubishi: do they sell anything here... Pajero is out of date model that they are selling and Lancer/Cedia...may be a few 10s per month...

Anyway, thanks for the info on Chevy & Mitsubishi, will check the info about them....
Old 25th August 2009, 16:39   #78
evo
BHPian

The pricing is out. 18.75 Lakh. Hmm.
Old 25th August 2009, 17:28   #79
Senior - BHPian

A 3L diesel at 18.45L (ex-Gurgaon). I think it's bye-bye to CRV. How much does an equivalent Endeavour/Captiva cost? If it's about the same, one can expect a sharp drop in their numbers (wrt sales).

PS: I am quite astonished at lack of activity on the launch of Toyota Fortuner
Old 25th August 2009, 17:36   #80
Senior - BHPian

Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 costs around 18 ex showroom i think.
Captiva AWD is 21 or something ex showroom delhi
Old 25th August 2009, 20:13   #81
BHPian

This car can show door to many other including some sedan too.
Old 25th August 2009, 20:17   #82
BHPian

The pricing seems reasonable comprared to competitors. This, together with the brand image will ensure pretty good sales.
Old 25th August 2009, 20:34   #83
BANNED

Pricing wrt competition is reasonable but not what was earlier projected, 13-15L.
IMV platform advantage could have been passed on to the consumer & had a mass market product in return.
I'll say there's room for improvement Toyota but I anticipate a hike in tag pretty soon depending the response it has garnered.
Old 25th August 2009, 20:40   #84
BHPian

Why Toyota should invest in advertisements. They have garnered 21000 bookings all over India. I too have booked one and would be getting it in December.

I though personally feel there would be many dropouts when you compare value for money. Many people think that not much has been given compared to its cost, and since breaks, seats and suspensions being same of Innova the cost should have been less.

So you are paying almost 10L more for engine transmission and some body and tyre with upgraded seats and music system. Worth it - don't know - but considering the road presence and competition pricing and specs guess they have hit the nail right on head.
Old 26th August 2009, 00:26   #85
BHPian

As per many view/review I believe that they could done the pricing still cheaper.
1. They are importing the vehicle parts from Thailand. So they have to pay less Custom tax as per new Business agreement.
2. Many of the parts are sharing the same bin with Innova.

Experts can give some more details.
Old 26th August 2009, 07:02   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
As per many view/review I believe that they could done the pricing still cheaper.
Yes, they could price it cheaper if they had charitable ambitions. However, they are a profit making company and will try to maximize their profits. They have priced it aggressively compared to the competition so hopefully it will shake out the prices.
Old 26th August 2009, 08:20   #87
Senior - BHPian

18.42L ex-showroom, Chennai. as per 'The Hindu' report on its launch.
Old 26th August 2009, 09:13   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Yes, they could price it cheaper if they had charitable ambitions. However, they are a profit making company and will try to maximize their profits. They have priced it aggressively compared to the competition so hopefully it will shake out the prices.
This is a free market and Toyota will maximise profits (as any company seeking to survive will do). The price has to clear the market and maximise profits. Apparently the rush of bookings and the wait period indicates price is more than clearing the market. However, the initial hype and the pent-up demand should die down in a few months, and then we should see some discounts coming in.
Old 26th August 2009, 09:18   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
However, the initial hype and the pent-up demand should die down in a few months, and then we should see some discounts coming in.
I agree with you. The competition has to revise their prices now. Due to this and after the hype factor dies down, Toyota will have to re-consider the price and maybe offer some lower spec models.
Old 26th August 2009, 09:22   #90
Senior - BHPian

Toyota claims to have 2000 bookings. If bookings=money and irreversible intention to buy, that means these bookings will take close to 7-8 mths to clear. In addition, there will be a flow of new customers. Only time will tell when discounts or variants start coming. Perhaps a 2009 model in 2010 may be the best bet for the short term (I did it for 2006 Corolla in 2007 and got an additional 50-55K off).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks