Ford Fusion 1.6 13 4.28%
Voters: 304. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2005, 20:35   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
More like rolling over in sleep. I would consider it woken up when their web site shows current selling models and I see regular ADs in newspaper and TV and increase in their dealer network and quality of A/S/S. Can you believe Karnataka has only two Fiat dealers?
Though I am saying this in a tech-savvy forum, I would give much less weightage to having online website. I know it is absolutely essential to have one, but I am sure not even 20% of buyers go and check the websites. Cars are still bought from word of mouth publicity and personal experiences. (20% estimate is on far higher side).

I see regular ADs from Fiat and few hoardings for Adventure Sports. New CEO is making concious efforts to stay in media. (Check the press and you'll see some Fiat news.) Still, it is distant from what is required to turn it around, but at least they are moving. What they need is a new model and an aggressive media campaign. I'll not be surprised if they do that in near future though.
Old 4th August 2005, 21:08   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Though I am saying this in a tech-savvy forum, I would give much less weightage to having online website. I know it is absolutely essential to have one, but I am sure not even 20% of buyers go and check the websites. Cars are still bought from word of mouth publicity and personal experiences. (20% estimate is on far higher side).

I see regular ADs from Fiat and few hoardings for Adventure Sports. New CEO is making concious efforts to stay in media. (Check the press and you'll see some Fiat news.) Still, it is distant from what is required to turn it around, but at least they are moving. What they need is a new model and an aggressive media campaign. I'll not be surprised if they do that in near future though.
Always remember what Warren Buffet said ..............."Turnarounds Seldom Turn"...hope Fiat is an exception
Old 4th August 2005, 21:14   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
now a days people are starting to realise the power of internet

while buying our Accord I prefered to use the internet mainly because:
1. you get information directly from the company
2. you can compare two manufacturers spaces directly (from both websites)
3. you get to know which feature is missing from which car & etc
4. you don't have dealer constantly trying to tell you how their car is better than others & you get to compare them & not the salseman

so I think that it is extrememly important to have a website now a days
Old 4th August 2005, 21:24   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Please look at the current Maruti Annual Report (got to seb...they have publisehd a feature on a person who got sandwitched between two large vehicles...in a Baleno...with his family... the Car was a writoff but he and his family members were able to come out of the car by opening the doors normally...the doors did not Jam and no one was hurt...

http://202.134.195.35/sb/annualrepo...?ch=4&ct=8&sc=0

Not Saying that Baleno is the safest car on Road...but it is not made of designer paper either !!!
Thanks Buffetfan for the info.

I have always thought that the Baleno is not meant to be disparaged for it's safety (or the lack of it)..
Agreed it's not the safest car around, but it's no slouch. People tend to carry over the experience with Zen and esteem to Baleno also.

Imo the Baleno is a premium product from Maruti, hence they would put atleaset some safety features in it.
Old 4th August 2005, 21:27   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinn25
hi guys i have a palio 1.6 gtx 2002 model done 12000 km bought for Rs195000 fitted a k&n replacement filter , iridium plugs , headers from automech, poured in mobil1, & gave her new shoes bridgestone 195/60/r14. AFTER DOING ALL THIS WHICH SET ME BACK AROUND Rs30000/- she screws any lancer,city,ikon,optra, (swift,getz,zen,esteem shud not be considered at all) on the road guys what more wud u want after spending only Rs225000/- and blowing dust on those who have spend 6-7 lacks to built thier machines & finally remaining totally
stock
I appreciate the fact that you have a nice car, and that you got a great deal on it.

Please do not tell us that your car "screws" anything here. There are members here who can build you a 200bhp car for 2 lakhs, which will outrun anything produced in India.

I see this is your first post. Welcome aboard. Please go through the announcements section.
Old 5th August 2005, 03:19   #96
BHPian

All Baleno Lovers - Pls. check out the crash test of Baleno - one of the worst

http://www.euroncap.com/content/safe...p?id1=2&id2=42

I had been saying this all this while..that its flimsy build !!
Old 5th August 2005, 07:00   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73

yup...but the crash test was done in a vehicle without Air Bags and ABS...absence of these automatically reduces the rating...
Old 5th August 2005, 07:23   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73

It was done without ABS and airbags against rivals with ABS and airbags. Hence the low score.

Why don't you show the crash test data for Petra/Sienna/Palio, would really like to see that.
Old 5th August 2005, 08:59   #99
Senior - BHPian

Baleno for me....will eat GTXs and Ikon for lunch any day....and will stay in a sinlgle piece while doing so....

Ikon is a good handler...but too unreliable and is slow compared to Baleno..

GTX....Bone Jarring ride and still cannot beat Baleno....

Baleno is the fastest and the most fuel efficient and most reliable....is a very good handler too with wider tyres...what more can a man want !!!!

Per ACI figures.. Baleno is faster then either of them....

.and before people start harping about 0-100 time of sienna..please remember that Fiat launched so many variants and so many different tunings for its cars that they themselves do not remember...leave aside anyone else keeping a track...
Old 5th August 2005, 09:58   #100
BHPian

i would choose Optra 1.6...
Well not because i own one...
i have driven almost all the cars in the list, but u feel safe in optra its good on corners at high speed and its Fast too...
i also liked palio and Viva...
Opel Corsa 1.6 is also good...
i dont know why but never liked Baleno shape...

Last edited by zulfikar : 5th August 2005 at 10:01.
Old 5th August 2005, 10:25   #101
BHPian

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
Please look at the current Maruti Annual Report (got to seb...they have publisehd a feature on a person who got sandwitched between two large vehicles...in a Baleno...with his family... the Car was a writoff but he and his family members were able to come out of the car by opening the doors normally...the doors did not Jam and no one was hurt...

http://202.134.195.35/sb/annualrepor...ch=4&ct=8&sc=0

Not Saying that Baleno is the safest car on Road...but it is not made of designer paper either !!!
Good for baleno.
It looks like a fine car and I somehow like its looks.
What i know about baleno is what the forum members write about it.
I will have to drive it along long stretches sometime.
Old 5th August 2005, 12:59   #102
BHPian

Most of the things are good about Baleno but what about ground clerance? Is it able to handle bad roads as well?

Last edited by vivek_pinkoo : 5th August 2005 at 13:03.
Old 6th August 2005, 00:06   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo
Most of the things are good about Baleno but what about ground clerance? Is it able to handle bad roads as well?
170 mm...till now has not scraped any beakers..better than my UNo for sure...but dont know abt other cars
Old 6th August 2005, 00:53   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
It was done without ABS and airbags against rivals with ABS and airbags. Hence the low score.

Why don't you show the crash test data for Petra/Sienna/Palio, would really like to see that.
does the Baleno have ABS in India???.Palio and its variants are not sold in Europe so someone will have to bang one in the wall or ask someone who had the privilage of banging both the baleno and the palio in the wall.
Old 6th August 2005, 09:02   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
does the Baleno have ABS in India???.Palio and its variants are not sold in Europe so someone will have to bang one in the wall or ask someone who had the privilage of banging both the baleno and the palio in the wall.
Baleno does not have ABS in India...but at least has some crash test data...while none is avaialble for these safe Fiat cars......it is like classic "what you dont know wont hurt you" situation
Closed Thread

Most Viewed