Team-BHP - 1600 cc to play with. Choose one.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   1600 cc to play with. Choose one. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/5708-1600-cc-play-choose-one.html)

Before someone gets my neck and says, "Hey, but those are from different segments." Well the question isn't which segment they really belong to. They are bound by a common thread though. Their cubic capacity is close to 1600cc.

Sure they perform different functions and behave differently with the given cubic capacity, but they still outperform the others in some aspect or the other. So given the money, which would you buy?

Palio 1.6GTX for me.awesome torque and sound.

tough one here....taking into consideration all factors..........its a close call between the GTX and the ikon 1.6 and i choose the ikon 1.6. the GTX has better power and performance but ride quality and handling balance on the ikon are unmatched.

But dump the fusion engine into the ikon and then we are talking...but thats not gonna happen !!

dint consider the baleno - simply because i dont like its looks and the optra because its too gentlemanly a car !

The Palio GTX for me . Closest I can get to a true hot hatch. The Baleno with better rubber would come second for me

Dippy

Chevrolet Optra 1.6 for me. Its a proper allrounder. Performance, Space, Looks, .... everything!!

1.6 GTX undoubtely!
A classic blend of looks and performance.

Tarun

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy
the GTX has better power and performance but ride quality and handling balance on the ikon are unmatched.

Did you just say Icon has better ride quality than Palio? I used to think the opposite... Is the GTX suspension very different from that of Petra?

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy
dint consider the baleno - simply because i dont like its looks !

Don't be so sure about it. My father-in-law was very disappointed when he heard I bought a Baleno, he was hoping I'd buy an Optra or Lancer, he was going by the snob factor and he thought Baleno was a dull looking car. When he finally saw my modded Baleno, he completely changed his opinion. The alloys and wide tyres give it a completely different character.

I choose Optra 1.6. Majestic.

Ford Ikon 1.6 ..... just cause I own one :D love this car...

Cheers!!!

Well going by current trends, GTX willwin by a fair margin.

I believe you should vote for what you will put money on, if you have to make a choice between the above vehicles, considering the overall package - practicality, company, A.S.S, maintenance etc included.

for that my vote goes to Baleno.. practical, powerful, FE & not to forget its a Maruti..

~maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai
Did you just say Icon has better ride quality than Palio? I used to think the opposite... Is the GTX suspension very different from that of Petra?

yes it has .i own a s10 and the ikon 1.6 and the ikon definitely has better ride quality than the palio. the palio has a much more bumpier ride quality...its the best in the hatch class but compare it to ikon....its licked ! have no idea whether the suspension is different from the petra but am guessing it is coz the petra has a boot and the suspension must be beefed up for the extra weight. maybe wrong here...some one help please.

Quote:

Don't be so sure about it. My father-in-law was very disappointed when he heard I bought a Baleno, he was hoping I'd buy an Optra or Lancer, he was going by the snob factor and he thought Baleno was a dull looking car. When he finally saw my modded Baleno, he completely changed his opinion. The alloys and wide tyres give it a completely different character.
im sure coz i dont like the looks- period.wider tyres or no ! modded or not modded i cant digest the looks . and dont take the rejection of the baleno personally - its not directed at anyone just at the car please:

cheers

ps- dont all inlaws think that way ? :p

Chevrolet optra 1.6 . Has everything(more or less) a car needs to 've and given the price there's hard to find a serious chink in the armour .

I would go for Opel Astra
but since thats not an Option

I would go for Fusion closly followed by Baleno Altura

It wud definitely be the Optra 1.6 for me ...
Its got a good mix of all things one wud want in a car

Easy win for the GTX here, in my opinion. Yeah, I guess you could call me biased since I own one!