Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2009, 20:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Where is our dude to update us what has happened? We are discussing w/o his comments or inputs here.

Last edited by snaronikar : 22nd April 2009 at 20:30.
Old 22nd April 2009, 20:51   #17
BHPian

Even I have taken my car loan from ICICI Bank, but I never recommend anyone to take loan from this Chor Bank. Always better to go with nationalised bank.
Old 23rd April 2009, 11:09   #18
BHPian

This bank is like "Skoda" in providing services to the customers.

Both of these companies take customers for granted and are not learing anything even in such tough times.
Old 23rd April 2009, 11:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

I feel this whole Tata Nano booking is made into a huge confusion with no proper instructions and dos and dont.
One Tata dealer told me that i wont ever get back my money and the car wont be alloted too.
dont know whats happening.............
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:00   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Everybody is claiming it is exclusively from their bank. I got sms with same type of messages from several banks with same downpayment offer.

Btw, never deal with ICICI in any products. They are out there to fleece people.
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

Wow thats too much negativity.

BTW I loaned my last 2 cars from ICICI and never had nay problems. Some times I defaulted EMI and they simply came and collected the cheque.

I got the NOC of the last car from ICICI without any hassle.

My SX4 was loaned by ICICI, and I had no issues at all.

I defaulted the premium of two Mutal Fund Policies for almost 6 months, but they accepted it now without any issue.

May be I am from lucky lot

Last edited by rkbharat : 23rd April 2009 at 12:10.
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
I defaulted the premium of two Mutal Fund Policies for almost 6 months, but they accepted it now without any issue.

May be I am from lucky lot
Do you live on this planet and are you talking about ICICI bank?
You are an exception my friend and so am i(till date).
No loans but have been dealing with them for 7 years through Credit cards and saving a/c with no major complaints.
But have heard many people cursing them like anything around me!
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

I guess since we all are in this information overloaded world and with many options of venting out an opinion - sometimes go overboard!!

I have been banking with ICICI for quite a few years. I had no issues apart from the normal ones, which is there even in a nationalised bank like SBI. Have been for the last 10+ years dealing with HDFC, Citibank and SBI for their various products. Apart from the thought that nobody is making me special - and I am ONLY one of their customers nothing is wrong. Are we expecting too much!!
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:40   #24
BHPian

Read todays TOI.

>50% of loan applicants in all nationalized banks are those, who want to transfer their loans from these so called customer friendly private banks.
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I feel this whole Tata Nano booking is made into a huge confusion with no proper instructions and dos and dont.
One Tata dealer told me that i wont ever get back my money and the car wont be alloted too.
dont know whats happening.............
Ram, Don't tell me you have booked a Nano as well. Are you sure you have the parking space. I suggest giving your GTX to me to keep so that you can keep your Nano.

Coming back to topic, as per what I read at Concorde was that sometime during July , there will be lottery to get the lucky 1 lac people. All those whose name doesn't come up will get their money back without interest within 10 days ( I think thats the time frame it stated) from the finalised lottery date. If a person has taken loan then the amount will be refunded to the Bank directly.
Old 24th April 2009, 21:24   #26

what happened next

since i had already paid the amount i decided to submit the documents in chennai.

at the end of the procedure, we get an option to print the acknowledgement letter that clearly mentions you to walk into any of the branches with address and id proofs along with the ack letter.

but the manager in chennai branch says that he needs filled up form that is taken a print out at the end of the application process.

i explained to him that it was the last page and that i was not asked in the application to take any more print outs.

i asked the manager if there are any more documents from the application where can i take the print outs. he said login and take printout. i explained to him that there is no login for non icici customers and its a 1 time visit process.

the manager in chennai refused to accept the application.

THE CALL CENTRE GUYS INSIST THAT THE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER IS SUFFICIENT BUT THE MANAGER REFUSES

the security guard at the branch came to my rescue. he said that an hour before that and had the similar problem.he told that the other guy too argued the same for one hour and the he left and came again with the documents. since that bank branch was located in an IT park, the guard took me to main security entrance and opened the visitor log and took out the guys phone number.

finally i called that guy and he told me that the rest documents are attached as htnl print outs in one of the many mails sent by icici and no where in the mail or anywher will the attachments be mentioned. since html attachments are normally used for formatting and designing emails, people neglect them.

NEITHER THE CALLCENTER GUYS NOR THE MANAGER KNEW THAT THE ATTACHEMENTS ARE SENT IN EMAIL

with his help, i could take the print out and submit the application.

the good samaritan security guard took my phone number and he gave it to 10 more ppl who came to bank after me with same issue.

i was happy to help and requested each one of them not to use icici again for anything..

===========================================
@PAVAN KADAM
there is only 1 branch

@amtak
clearly the chennai thing was not a one off incident and 2 more of my frens who couldnt make it to chennai lost the 4k. the list of branches accepting the documents clearly mentions nellore branch and even today my frens went again to try but the manager was unwilling.

they asked the manager to give in writing that he is not accepting the documents but he refused..

they have lost the 4k they paid now
==============================================
Old 26th April 2009, 00:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

Infact today when i was booking my Nano,I saw the ICICI guy at Tata Motors giving all sorts of sordid stories.
Save me from these folks..I booked with Tata Finance itself right under the Tata Motors umbrella.

Most Viewed