Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2009, 20:31   #1

NEVER trust ICICI. Dont book NANO through them..

My email :
Quote:
Hello,

I have booked TATA NANO from ICICI website.
My ICICI Bank ref. number for this booking is ALI1116xxx and Tata Motors application form number is 114433xxx

I went to Nellore GNT Road Branch of ICICI to submit my documents.

The wealth manager there seems to have no knowledge about online booking.
He refused to accept the KYC documents saying that they should pay the amount by DD.
I explained to him that the amount has already been paid online and that they only have to process my documents.

But he refused. The deadline is coming up and I dont know what to do.
Why do you have ******* like him as a "wealth" manager?

I HAVE PREVENTED 6 OF MY FRIENDS FROM BOOKING NANO THROUGH ICICI AND WILL STOP MANY MORE FROM DOING THE SAME.

YOU SUCK...

WITHOUT ANY Regards,
Tanay Sai

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 7:44 PM, Super-User <customer.care@icicibank.com> wrote:
Quote:
Dear Tanay Sai TV,

We have not received your Identity and Residence Address Proofs at the designated ICICI Bank Branches. We are hereby notifying you of the documents to be submitted for the completion of the booking process. Please ensure that all the documents are submitted latest by April 24, 2009 – before the closing time of the branch as your application would be incomplete without them and would become ineligible for the allotment process.

Assuring you of our best services.

Sincerely,

ICICI Bank.

Note from Mod :
1) When you create a thread please add more information than just a copy-paste of your correspondence.
2) Team-BHP has certain rules regarding acceptable language etc - please ensure these are followed, even when quoting text.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th April 2009 at 14:35. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
Old 21st April 2009, 21:02   #2
BHPian

why don't you call the customer service number. BTW what does a wealth manager do ??
Old 21st April 2009, 21:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiram7912 View Post
why don't you call the customer service number. BTW what does a wealth manager do ??
OT: Wealth manager is more like a Relationship officer for HNIs doing financial planning, investments..etc.

To keep it simple - You have wealth, he manages
Old 21st April 2009, 21:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Saitanay...cool down dude. Why don't you visit the customer care centre and take up the matter with them.
Old 21st April 2009, 22:00   #5
BHPian

Are there any specific branches designated for this? It can either be the retail loan office .
I was often being directed to the specific retail loan office even for the smallest query like loan statement of my car loan
Old 21st April 2009, 22:17   #6
BHPian

Use their website interface to contact customer care. write a written application and get a receiving from them in branch... and see what wonders happen. they are too particular if they give you a signed acknowledgement.. talk to some operations guy and not a sales person(wealth manager)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post

To keep it simple - You have wealth, he manages
ha ha ha.. that's on paper.... actually they are nothing different from those telecallers ...they contact and all they say "sir ek achi scheme aayi hai"... irrespective of what your investment philosophy/need might be...

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st April 2009 at 22:23. Reason: font tags, preview before posting
Old 21st April 2009, 22:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

Just read the thread about how ICICI cheats people.
I
Cheat
Indian
Customers
Infinitely

as someone has said in that thread.
Old 21st April 2009, 23:01   #8
BANNED

Ive experienced extremely poor service by ICICI & HDFC.
The executives working with these private banks are ill mannered & treat customers very badly.
I had financed my Honda City from ICICI & after completion of the loan tenure & repayment, I received a letter stating some amount which was still pending & had to be deposited to get loan repayment certificate for the removal of hypothication from RC.
My accountant got in touch with ICICI but wasn't able to get the job done, this infuriated me & I got hold of the Manager & after fighting hard with him, I was able to save my ~12k bucks.

With HDFC, it was even worse, we were receiving account statements worth lacks of someone who had given our address as his & the bank did not even verify. On numerous complaints, even to the top management, we continued to receive these statements for a long time. Pissed with this I caught hold of the local manager & almost beat him up, it was after this that statements stopped appearing in our letter box.

Its worth mentioning here that such things have never happened with banks like SBI, PNB, etc. Only these private banks are more greedy & don't value their customers.
Old 22nd April 2009, 09:57   #9
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Wealth manager manages to make Wealth (for himself at your cost)

ICICI - Provides the lowest rates and poorest after sales service.

Others provide rates and service matching their rates.

You get what you pay for.

(Am a two time ICICI home loan customer.) The Car loan experience with SCB was no better.
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:17   #10
Senior - BHPian

IMHO.. ICICI Customer services is one of the WORST CUSTOMER CARE SERVICES in India. Have had many bad experiences with them, their customer care agents are rude and cheap. No offence to anyone but their customer care is based mostly in Chennai. Would advice to keep away.
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:22   #11
BANNED

There are numerous ICICI Bank Branches in Nellore, why did you chose this

Cool down Tanay, go to another branch which handles retail division, they'll make the process a breeze.

BTW a Wealth Manager has got nothing to do with your Nano booking or the loan facility. It needs to be handled by the Retail Loans Division.

Be kind enough to let us know what happened?
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:28   #12
BHPian

Shocking

Mate,

Thanks for making us aware.
Was just on the verge of booking one, will avoid surely now

Thanks again.
Old 22nd April 2009, 13:03   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Mate,

Thanks for making us aware.
Was just on the verge of booking one, will avoid surely now

Thanks again.
This is probably one off cases. What makes you think that this would happen again? Visiting Nellore branch?
Old 22nd April 2009, 14:55   #14
Senior - BHPian

saitanay - while you have faced this problem, lets not make this thread into some ICICI bash fest ( and no i dont work for ICICI ! )

its quite possible that the wealth manager was clueless ( most of them are ! )

so just meet the branch manager and show him the email you got from the customer care id also. make him accept it then and there
Old 22nd April 2009, 18:39   #15
Senior - BHPian

Well, I could not help but notice that on this thread at the top the "Book your Nano online exclusively with ICICI Bank" ad always shows up!
NEVER trust ICICI. Dont book NANO through them..-iciciandnano.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks