Team-BHP - Please advise SOS: Moving car from Chennai to Mumbai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Please advise SOS: Moving car from Chennai to Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/5720-please-advise-sos-moving-car-chennai-mumbai-2.html)

around 10 months back i shifted from noida to bangalore. I sold my old esteem and lost 1.2 lac on that. Now i have a Xing XP in bangalore and don't wanna commit the same mistake of selling again if i have to relocate back. However, good handling while transportation is must. You guys won't believe but while transporting my goods from noida to bangalore, the transporter had damaged 90% of the stuff and i could not claim the insurance as he had not given me the right type of policy.
So can anyone of you recommend a good transporter who will take good care of the car during long distance relocation.

Quote:

So can anyone of you recommend a good transporter who will take good care of the car during long distance relocation.
one of my friends had used "Movers & Packers" to transport some delicate stuff & he received very good service & the goods were also safe
i haven't personally used it but he has told me
though their charges are a bit high

Thanks adya33. I think the best idea is that whenever i have to relocate again, i will post a message here and then contact the most recommended transporter.

Hello Sush...
You can also try Agarwal Packers N movers for both household & car transportation. They are good... my household & car was shifted 1 month back from Kolkata to Mumbai... No damage except 1 showcase glass door, which was replaced by them within 4days.

Also note, I had a full size glass dining table/glass centre table, glass showcase.. no damage to any of them
Now for the car.. mine is a 6 mnth old Palio.. no damage to that either... only they misplaced my original PU certificate , which I can get it done again (I think if i noticed that earlier, they would have paid for it).

They used a single container for my household & car.. i.e. front aprt of the container had my household & 2nd part car... this meant no other 3rd party things could go in.. but in anycase they allot 1 container for 1 party only.

They have a toll-free number also.... check out their website Agarwal packers. They got offices all over India.

Hope this info is helpfull for you as well as others who are relocating.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arijit
Hello Sush...
You can also try Agarwal Packers N movers for both household & car transportation. They are good... my household & car was shifted 1 month back from Kolkata to Mumbai... No damage except 1 showcase glass door, which was replaced by them within 4days.

Also note, I had a full size glass dining table/glass centre table, glass showcase.. no damage to any of them
Now for the car.. mine is a 6 mnth old Palio.. no damage to that either... only they misplaced my original PU certificate , which I can get it done again (I think if i noticed that earlier, they would have paid for it).

They used a single container for my household & car.. i.e. front aprt of the container had my household & 2nd part car... this meant no other 3rd party things could go in.. but in anycase they allot 1 container for 1 party only.

They have a toll-free number also.... check out their website Agarwal packers. They got offices all over India.

Hope this info is helpfull for you as well as others who are relocating.

Arijit, I saw this old reply of yours and got curious. How much did Agrawal charge for the full container, goods car and all, from Kolkata to Mumbai?

Delhi Guys need some advise...
1. I have to relocate from Hyd to Delhi in end Feb'06. My car is a Euro 2 Fiat Siena (2004 date of purchase)
2. Relocation costs will be paid by the company..So that is one huge thing which has been taken care of ..

Questions :
1. I will get the NOC from Hyd - Once the car reaches Delhi - do i just go to the RTO in NCR - Pay the Life Time Tax - Get the receipt & continue driving the car with the AP Registration number ?
2. Or do I get a Delhi Registration number instead ?
3. I heard only Euro 3 Vehicles can be registered in NCR...or is it just Delhi...I mean can I send the vehicle to some of my relatives in Gurgaon/Faridabad & get a Haryana Registration ....?
4. Or ...just drive my vehicle with the AP Registration...in Delhi...without transfering any paperwork...Do cops in Delhi harass u much ?

The petrol bill idea is the best :)
As long as u can prove the car is not in the state for more than 1 - 2 months, you can walk away.

Just a thought though.. never transport a car in a container. It should always be sent in a car carrier. Ask the packer to send it in a closed Car Carrier.
If your car is not secured down properly in a container, you will end up with some real bad damages. there is also a risk of some of the other stuff in container falling over the car.

The car is tied down to the car carrier and doesnt move around. Also, the closed carrier offers maximum protection during transfer.

I got mine from HYD to MUM in a closed car carrier. :)

dude, drive down it will save a lot of heartache, because the movers are not going to be nice with your car...

Also, it is approximately 30k

if you are relocating to chennai permanently, pay up the taxes else dispose the car...
if you are planning to move back after some time, check with the rto, they have a plan where you can pay a particular amount till the period u are in that state
else the crooked way is check for the toll gate that enters the border drive around get a toll ticket and then keep it handy as there is a validity of time period on the toll ticket. when it is about to expire, do a toll trip a get yourself a new ticket.
then even if a cop stops you, you can show then the stub and tell them u are in town for a few days...