Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2005, 08:33   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan
Well i just spoke with a Maruti guy whom i know very very well and he gave me an insight of the car.

Firstly - the tyres have been upgraded to 195/60/R14 on Alloys

The Rear has been redesigned. The front has been slightly re-touched up.

The length is the same though but the car looks better then before.

Now for the good news.

There is going to be a special edition known as the Limited edition version. They(Maruti say that they are going to take direct combination to the swift)

The 1600cc engine has been Turbo/Super Charged and the power output has gone from 94bhp to 130 bhp. The car is expected to go from 0 - 100 in 8.x secs. In order to keep th ecar stable till 200kmph(expected top speed by maruti) the car is going to be riding on 205/60/R15. The Suspension has been tweaked for performance and Maruti wishes to take competition direct to skoda at half the price. Other features the car will be having is Sun/Moon Roof. MP3 player, ABS, Air Bags, TCS(first for a desi Maruti) and Recaro buket seats. The car is going to be given a very sporty look. Expect the price to go up by Rs. 1 Lakh(from VXi) on this limited edition model, if succesful will turn into continous production. Watch this space for more. Cheers
Ooooh, what do I do? whatdoIdo? When is this coming out? Do I cancel my booking? do I wait???? THis is exciting news
Old 1st August 2005, 08:36   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon
Ooooh, what do I do? whatdoIdo? When is this coming out? Do I cancel my booking? do I wait???? THis is exciting news
Dont get too excited - that was a post by Juan, a.k.a Montoya who has been banned under at least 4 different ids so far. I dont think you should rely on his posts.
Old 1st August 2005, 10:53   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
Vivek,
you have already posted in the Vote...Which Car did you buy in 2005...that you bought a fiat Adventure sport...

Either your vote is incorrect...or your current posting is !!!!
Hi Buffetfan, Unfortuntely both are correct. I had booked Adventure sports however stumped by Fiat sales guys response, I had put in hold as of today. I haven't heard from them and on Mobile they give a excuse that their plan is messed up coz of rains blah-blah and hence they have no access to mails or anything. So after so much research and what not, I am back to sqaure one on the question - what to buy ? Still need to get booking amount back though :-(
Old 1st August 2005, 23:32   #49
Senior - BHPian

somone in Varun was also talking about a new Baleno today..so..there might be some truth to it after all..
what I heard was abt new tail lamps, grille et al..the regular Maruti fair..nothing gr8 though...
Old 2nd August 2005, 12:24   #50

Yes, I too spoke to a Service Engineer in Varun and he tells me the same. He was even talking about the celebration model. As per him, the makeover can be expected only in 2006.

Meanwhile, the 28K discount on Baleno is extended till August 31st. This is in addition to the "Free Insurance for the first year" offer, Corporate Discount and Dealer Discount. All of this put together makes the ex-showroom price of Baleno in Hyderabad to be about 5.85 laks.

Cheers.
Old 2nd August 2005, 12:51   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvalluri
All of this put together makes the ex-showroom price of Baleno in Hyderabad to be about 5.85 laks.

Cheers.
Sorry, that's the on-road price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks