Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2005, 14:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

Oh man, so there goes the Corsa...... sigh..........
Old 27th May 2005, 18:43   #32
BHPian

not yet islero, there is still one good year.... and remember... swift is here now.. and that too at a killer price... we all know indian buyer' viewpoint.. price comes first... and if swift can be compared to baleno ( i agree, only on team bhp).... what is a corsa??

i think corsa is already dead.. and if aveo is to sell..they need real hard work on ads and stuff.... otherwise... another fusion on the scene
Old 28th May 2005, 01:03   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Rubbish - the new spark is already on sale
the model that you are talking about, is sold in u.k and the rest of europe (not u.s; i think) in the name of matiz-not spark.

the spark, (matiz derived- called type-2) has not yet been launched...

here's a link that says so...

new chevrolet spark

and revvmaster, i couldn't have put it better myself....true, the launch of the spark will generate the much needed volumes for GM, and without the daewoo plant, they would be in a fix to meet the demands of the consumers.

but if they are targeting just 1000-1200 units of the aveo, then maybe they should phase out the sail, which might not be doing even half of that number today, what do you say?

Last edited by veyron1 : 28th May 2005 at 01:12.
Old 28th May 2005, 07:19   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
the model that you are talking about, is sold in u.k and the rest of europe (not u.s; i think) in the name of matiz-not spark.
?
suggest you do your research and not harp on the name. There are three version of the Matiz

First one wheich we see over here

Second one is a revamped version which saw revised bumpers and revised rear end. The one litre engine appeared over in this. This version came out around the time Daewoo wnet under. GM took over and quickly launched the car in China as the Chevrolet SPark

Third version is what you see in the link with the squarish lights in front and round lights in the back

It is called SPark or Matiz according to different markets. Chevrolet is a new name in the UK market so it made sense to retain the model names as previous. Matiz, Kalos, Nubira - not Spark, Aveo, Optra respectively.

Anyway, I think we are way off topic
Old 28th May 2005, 08:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr
not yet islero, there is still one good year.... and remember... swift is here now.. and that too at a killer price... we all know indian buyer' viewpoint.. price comes first... and if swift can be compared to baleno ( i agree, only on team bhp).... what is a corsa??

i think corsa is already dead.. and if aveo is to sell..they need real hard work on ads and stuff.... otherwise... another fusion on the scene
No mate, I was sad because my family runs a Corsa 1.4 Gsi, and you know..........*sigh*.......*deeper sigh*
Old 28th May 2005, 12:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
suggest you do your research and not harp on the name. There are three version of the Matiz

First one wheich we see over here

Second one is a revamped version which saw revised bumpers and revised rear end. The one litre engine appeared over in this. This version came out around the time Daewoo wnet under. GM took over and quickly launched the car in China as the Chevrolet SPark

Third version is what you see in the link with the squarish lights in front and round lights in the back

It is called SPark or Matiz according to different markets. Chevrolet is a new name in the UK market so it made sense to retain the model names as previous. Matiz, Kalos, Nubira - not Spark, Aveo, Optra respectively.

Anyway, I think we are way off topic

i wasn't talking about the names-sorry about the misunderstanding on that, if any. yes, there are 3 variants on the matiz platform, and the names are different according to different markets, and i am aware of the different badges and names given to the matiz. the first variant was the only one available in india,and the second version of the matiz was a minor facelifted matiz, with revisions to the bonnet lip, front and rear bumpers, lights, intake ducts, some minor interior changes, and the engine, like you said.

the model that i was talking about, was the latest all-new matiz (the third version, as you say), which was on display at the last year's u.k motor show. it was also unveiled in detroit in the same year. the link that i had given in the earlier post refers to this particular matiz, and not the earlier models. the earlier matizes continue sale in europe, as you had stated. but the all new matiz, has not yet been launched, anywhere, and it is this particular matiz that GM is contemplating for launch in india.

and regarding the aveo, OD has some pics of the same car, that CLS caught on cam....!!!!! and they are stating an expected launch in 2006, of both the aveo hatch and sedan.... but i think the hatch might be a tad dated to enter the market then, because we might even get a mini toyota by then, the aygo (maybe).the aveo sedan, however, might be a very welcome move by GM; which, by the way, looks a tad like the optra, don't you think? but indians will surely go ga-ga over a optra styled sedan that would fall under the 6-7 lac bracket. GM might have a winner in their hands in the sedan form of the aveo, but the hatch might be a little outdated by 2006....what do you guys think??
Old 28th May 2005, 23:03   #37
BHPian

I saw this car 2 days back parked in the Pay and Park right in front of Crawford Market..
I had my Nokia 6630 camera phone..but didn't think of clicking a pic.,because I thought it was a weirdly painted Daewoo Matiz !
Suraj
Old 31st May 2005, 14:38   #38
Team-BHP Support

After seeing the car in the metal - looks positively boring
Old 1st June 2005, 11:59   #39
BHPian

A birdie said that a car of size getz, from GM, was seen inside bosch in audugodi. It was there for testing of fuel pump, which is apparently supplied by bosch. Also the birdie said that it will be launched approx in 6 months time.
Asked the birdie if it can sneak a camera inside... looks like that’s not possible.
Old 1st June 2005, 13:48   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srasania
I had my Nokia 6630 camera phone..but didn't think of clicking a pic.,because I thought it was a weirdly painted Daewoo Matiz !
Suraj
Exactly samething happened with me..I saw this car on Eastern Express..but thought its Matiz with mods, so just ignored
Old 3rd June 2005, 00:01   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys thought id let you know i saw the aveo today in delhi, im not sure if its the same or a different test vehicle but it had the same camouflage black and white check pattern all over. the car was standing off on one side of the upper ridge road and i whizzed past it at over 100kph, didnt have a reaction time fast enough to slow down or take a pic heh!
Old 2nd August 2005, 13:23   #42
Senior - BHPian

SCOOP: Chevrolet Aveo caught testing

Hey

Yesterday evening, around 5.30, Superunknown, Shravan316, and yours truly were hanging around Brigade Road. We see a hatch with a weird checkerboard colour scheme. I'm thinking, wow, he's adventurous. Then it hits me, IT'S A TEST MULE! So I scream "AVEO", and the three of us intently watch it go by.

Looks to be almost the same size as the Getz, and similar in dimensions too. Sorry, couldn't tell much else, as the stickering does a pretty effective coverup job. Well, the third gun in the hatch wars is out!
Old 2nd August 2005, 15:07   #43
BHPian

A job well done mate...it has been spotted in many places. I havent got the pleasure of finding one though:(
Waiting for it to release...when is it supposed to release BTW??
Old 2nd August 2005, 15:23   #44
Team-BHP Support

I wonder why manufacturers bother camouflaging cars that are already available in other markets? I mean it's not like the Aveo is a concept car being prepared for sale. We all know what the car looks like, so what's the point in the camouflage?
Old 2nd August 2005, 17:49   #45
BHPian

Its exactly the same car which I saw in Madras near the airport about a month back. I have taken a few side and rear pics of it on my fone. Didnt get around postin it here. Just looked ordinary to me.

Knowing GM, I guess they will overprice it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks