Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2009, 14:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

i think White_Vdi would be the best person to answer the question.

as to why white, i think the positives are
1. ease of repainting ( can do patchwork) and 100% shade match and white paint is cheapest
2. brings out the car's styling details very nicely
3.looks understated and mature , and a good alternative to silver
4. white does not need frequent cleaning (surprise! - I had never thought it would work that way, but a dirty white car looks less dirty than a dirty black car, but depends on the colour of dirt in your area)
5. If you get fired, switch to yellow plates and instant taxi driver job

well I own an indica, and my friends thought i was going mad when i said i was gonna buy a white indica. But hey, I'm still here , and i still dont see many white private indica's. And It's a great feeling when people thing you're one of those maniac cabbies and give way before you even honk - helps that i have taken quite well to the maniac cabbie style of driving

Last edited by greenhorn : 27th April 2009 at 14:21.
Old 27th April 2009, 14:25   #17
BHPian

Good observation Budhiraj. Till about one year ago most swifts in Mumbai were in Red. Then it changed (at least I observed so), most of the new ones are White. This holds true for Dzires too. I had booked a Red Dzire ZDi but the waiting period was 7 months. End of 4 months the dealer called and offered a White. I accepted. So may be people are accepting White to cut short the waiting time.

The skew in Dzire is not so much though. White just outnumbers the other colours. In Swift though, a lot many are White.

I have another theory as well, as we all follow a particular route to work and back home. The time window is fixed. It is quite possible you see the same cars every day and think that there are more whites than any other colour. Just a hypothesis.

Ciao,
Dushmish
Old 27th April 2009, 14:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

i own a swift that to white .
i agree to all those who believe that swift sells maximum in white color.

@greenhorn repainting the swift pearl white is not a easy job and the color is one of the most expensive colors available in the market, and keeping white car clean is almost as difficult to keep black car .
Old 27th April 2009, 14:32   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
I am going to pickup my Swift VDi tomorrow. Indecently the color i am picking up is white. I initially wanted to pick up the Grey but my sis already has a VXi of the same color.
Why on earth would you really pick up an indecent color? For that matter, is the act of picking up in white is indecent or are you suggesting that White color is indecent by itself?

Jokes aside, please do run a spellcheck before you post to avoid such howlarious typos.
Old 27th April 2009, 14:41   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Jokes aside, please do run a spellcheck before you post to avoid such howlarious typos.
Spell check would not have picked it up. Indecently, however indecent, is still a word in the English dictionary.
Old 27th April 2009, 14:48   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
I am going to pickup my Swift VDi tomorrow, indecently
Please wear some clothes. Just because it's a delivery and also probably your baby, you don't have to look the part

Apart from the reason that IMO the swift looks really cool in white, esp. with good alloys, white also commands the highest resale value.

To some extent, it will help in beating the heat; the aircon will perform better than that in a black car, and after yellow, it probably also has the best visibility in the dark, so fewer chances of someone crashing into you.

Dust shows up a lot more on a darker car than on a lighter coloured one and that could be another reason.

BRAINWAVE: All petrolheads refer to their cars as their babies/babes. Being Indian, we all want fair kids/chicks, so when we can buy, we buy white!

Last edited by vikram18 : 27th April 2009 at 14:50.
Old 27th April 2009, 14:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
I am just pissed of seeing Swift in white only. In Delhi Almost everyday
Indeed, its not just Delhi but the same is the case with Bengaluru as well. Not only lots of Swift in White, but lots of Swift's as well and i guess White is the happening color.
Old 27th April 2009, 15:16   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
I have another theory as well, as we all follow a particular route to work and back home. The time window is fixed. It is quite possible you see the same cars every day and think that there are more whites than any other colour. Just a hypothesis.

Ciao, Dushmish
@ Dushmish

Well this is not some thing I am seeing in particular areas only this all across the NCR and places I travel in north. So can't say about that for any particular area seeing similar cars.

Infact the one Maruti dealer is near to my site and everyday I see 3-4 cars standing for Delievery and almost 90% of the time they are white.

However the story is different when comes to other hatches.
Old 27th April 2009, 15:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

First it was Red and now white has become the most common colour when it comes to Swifts.
Still if i decide to buy one ill take white over the other options.
Old 27th April 2009, 16:08   #25
BHPian

I think one reason for white color is the hot/sunny conditions in our country. Lighter colors like white/silver reflect sun light.
Old 27th April 2009, 16:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Indica Vista

Perhaps because people who went to buy the Indica Vista in white didn't get the colour of their choice, and thought that the white swift would do

Pssst, people people.... the Indica Vista is now available in white!
Old 27th April 2009, 16:43   #27
BHPian

there may be many reason for this. few of them are.

1) white is a non metallic paint and it costs the least among other paints. (oh yeah it matters to people its crazy i know)

2) white makes the car look more bigger than what it is. just an effect people have its all in there heads.

3) some people go over budget on cars. and they make compromise on colors.

4) availability is a big factor. especially with swift diesel. they take what ever they get. cant wait anymore.

Last edited by Caramelo : 27th April 2009 at 16:48.
Old 27th April 2009, 17:36   #28
BHPian

i own a white vdi (abs). the reason i opted for the white was because the colour i wanted (metallic royal blue) was not being produced anymore.

moreover the pearl metallic of the swift is of a very good appearance and finish. i have installed 7 spoke hyper silver alloys with 195/60/R15 potenza tyres which go very well with the colour of the car.

the design and lines of the swift (with blacked out B pillar) also go very well with the white colour and that is why most people have gone for it in the past and will continue to do so in the future also!

another point to note is that the wait for the white was longer than the wait in other colours due to high demand but people still preferred to go for the white colour.
Old 27th April 2009, 17:43   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
In Hyderabad Red and White are very common Swift colours.
Red colour has many modifications like White roof,white mag wheels etc.
+ 1 to that ram, in hyd it is mostly red or white, just last evening i saw 3 red swift's togeather. Could not notice if they were petrol or diesel though.

Wasnt white on the swift meant exclusively for diesel variant, dont know about that now.
Old 27th April 2009, 18:17   #30
TOR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
1) white is a non metallic paint and it costs the least among other paints. (oh yeah it matters to people its crazy i know)
The white for the swift IS metallic.

All over the world Silver is the most popular color but white seems to be the new 'silver'-even the Dupont yearly paint survey points to the white color parse to be getting more and more popular.

White and silver make the car look bigger and at resale also there seems to be a premium for whites and silver.

In my part of the country all colors are equally common, but white is becoming more commoner especially for the dzire.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks