Team-BHP - Polo Preproduction cars getting ready
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Polo Preproduction cars getting ready (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/57524-polo-preproduction-cars-getting-ready.html)

Note from Mod : Team-BHP's VW Polo Testdrive report has been uploaded at this linky. Please continue the discussion over on that thread.

This thread = closed.

PR Release From Volkswagen India
Photo Caption: (from left to right)
Jörg Müller, President and Managing Director Volkswagen Group India
Walter Stechel, German Consul General in India
Dr. Philipp Rösler, Minister for Economy, Labour and Transportation, German Federal State of Lower Saxony
Dr. John Chacko, Technical Director Volkswagen India

Volkswagen India starts pre-series production of the new Polo
Visit of 30 leading German Business Representatives at the new Plant

Pune, April 27, 2009 – Volkswagen India today starts the pre-series production of its most anticipated mid-segment model, the new Polo at its Pune plant. The new Minister for Economics, Labour and Transportation of the German Federal State of Lower Saxony, Dr. Philipp Rösler, visited the plant at Chakan to give the go ahead for the first welded body of the car.

The Minister together with a delegation of around 30 leading business representatives of the German Federal State, were welcomed by Mr. Joerg Mueller, President and Managing Director, Volkswagen Group India; Dr. John Chacko, Managing Director Technical, Volkswagen India Private Limited and Mr. K. K. Swamy, Vice President and Managing Director, Volkswagen India Private Limited.

In the presence of Minister Dr. Rösler who is also Member of the Supervisory Board of Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft, and the German Consul General, Walter Stechel, the first finished body of the Polo on the way to the paint shop was given its first sanction. This production is a pre-run to the official production of the Polo that will begin at the plant by the end of this year.

“The Volkswagen Group is one of the world’s largest car manufacturer providing wealth and employment for many. As such, it is a great pleasure for me to see the expansion plans and the long term perception of the Group with its headquarters in Wolfsburg in my home state Lower Saxony. The Volkswagen plant here in Pune is a true example of German excellence meeting Indian spirit and I would like to congratulate the management on the commendable initiative”, Minister Dr. Rösler stated.

Jörg Müller, President and Managing Director of Volkswagen Group India, said: “We are so proud and delighted with the plant been inaugurated a year ahead of its schedule. This event today marks the next successful step on the entire effort of the team. With the first body of the Polo taking shape today, we are well on our way to fulfilling our commitment.”

For Volkswagen the recent inauguration of the Pune plant on 31st March ’09 was a major stepping stone towards achieving its ambitious growth targets on the Indian subcontinent. The Pune plant will begin building the Skoda Fabia compact car in May 2009. Production of a hatchback version of the Volkswagen Polo specially developed for the Indian market will be added from 2010. With a total financial commitment in India amounting to 580 million euros (3,800 crore INR), the Pune plant represents the largest investment to date by a German company in the country. The facility has a maximum annual production capacity of 110,000 vehicles destined for delivery to the Indian market.

The Pune plant is one of the most modern in the Volkswagen Group. It has a high level of vertical integration and a large share of local suppliers. The facility is the only production plant operated by a German automaker in India that covers the entire production process from press shop through body shop and paint shop to final assembly.

Volkswagen plans to employ some 2,500 people at the Pune plant by the end of 2010. The investment agreement to build the new plant was signed in November 2006.

Wow so finally VW is in India will be great to see their hottest hatchbacks like polo and golf,I am a full fledged fan of their VW Golf :)

Can anyone make out whether it is the new facelifted Polo?or a new design meant for he indian market?

Quote:

Originally Posted by avishar (Post 1279181)
Can anyone make out whether it is the new facelifted Polo?or a new design meant for he indian market?

this is the All new polo. says latest Autocar.:)

Aaaahhh !!! Am I glad on reading that VW believes in doing rather than just spending time on planning and doing an unending market study. I hope and wish they bring their polo too well before announced dates just like their new facility/plant.

As already mentioned on this thread, VW seems to be acting rather than talking. Good for them and for us too. I am eagerly waiting for the Polo.

I only hope that VW set up good service centers and take up the service part lot more seriously than Skoda. I wish VW all the best.

To be fair, VW and Skoda are pulling out the stops to give us the latest where feasible

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 1279586)
To be fair, VW and Skoda are pulling out the stops to give us the latest where feasible

No doubts about that.

Skoda has never been shy of getting the latest to India. But, service has been its low point till now. I only hope VW is working on the service aspect, as it is very crucial.

VW, though it has Passat and Jetta now, is relatively an unknown commodity in India. It is a fantastic opportunity for VW to establish its brand image, especially when it plans to come up with its mass market models like Up! and to an extent Polo. I only hope they plan to bring in Golf and Sirocco to India.

I think its time VW took charge of the entire group operations in India and take over the SKODA service network also

I hope they can manage it better and they can have a single network of dealership to service SKODA/VW brand cars.

In terms of reliability, driving pleasure and safety, they (polo and VW) are MILES AHEAD from FIAT. I am eagar to see that who will buy punto when they have polo and golf available in the market.
:I Rule:

Friend, hold your horses when you are riding them, please dont get other brands involved in this thread.

If you still insist then I think the people who buy a GP will be the ones who enjoy driving a fiat and second the ones who will buy the VW will be the ones with deep enough pockets.clap:

BTW the new polo looks Hot hot hot in the last ACI. I hope thats the one we get.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohandas (Post 1279892)
In terms of reliability, driving pleasure and safety, they (polo and VW) are MILES AHEAD from FIAT. I am eagar to see that who will buy punto when they have polo and golf available in the market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohandas (Post 1279892)

The people that want to save Rs. 1 - 2 lacs will buy the GP over the Polo! Now if VW does price the Polo at the same price or just a slight premium to the GP then I agree with you! But I don't think that's going to happen!

Well Its time to learn something for Toyota here, The World no.1 doesn't take Indian market seriously ( Just plan & plan, don't do any action) and The World no.3 is blazing all the guns to have potential share in Indian market.

Thanks VW for taking Indian market the way it deserves, Hope you launch all the latest products at acceptable prices.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S_budhiraj (Post 1280103)
Well Its time to learn something for Toyota here, The World no.1 doesn't take Indian market seriously ( Just plan & plan, don't do any action) and The World no.3 is blazing all the guns to have potential share in Indian market.

Thanks VW for taking Indian market the way it deserves, Hope you launch all the latest products at acceptable prices.

Just my words.
Volkswagen- 2 years- small car
Toyota & honda-10 yrs-no small car.

Being VW, I just hope the cost of owning one will not be high. Else people will buy and have a bitter experience. That would cause a lot of irreparable damage to the brand.