Porsche India 1 1.18%
Audi India 1 1.18%
Nissan India 0 0%
Maini Engineering 2 2.35%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2005, 20:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

A winner in every segment it has it's car in. It's still Honda for me.

Shan2nu
Old 26th May 2005, 20:23   #17
Team-BHP Support

It's Skoda for me too - for the RS and that brilliant 1.9TDi. Skoda's quality has been nothing short of superb and consistent.
The Swift got me thinking about Maruti too. But, I decided that it'll be best to wait, try and test it before giving MUL my vote.
Old 26th May 2005, 21:31   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvmaster
Considering the ups and downs, whom do you think has stood out in the last one year i.e. June 2004-May 2005.
Why June 2004-May 2005? One can wait till 2050 and nothing will change in terms of consistent poor quality... Man, I'm voting for HM. Match their quality if you dare!!!
Old 26th May 2005, 21:38   #19
BHPian

Honda ALL THE WAY. Like Shan said, a winner in each category its placed in. The OHC and NHC, the Accord, the CR-V (which, by the way, stands for City Recreational-Vehicle, so I guess its confirmed to a soft-roader...)... you name it, its on top.

Their sales have never dropped alarmingly, and they've never had any ad campaign, as far as I can remember, except for a few pics of the NHC in the papers off and on, and that too cause ICICI or some other insurance copany were advertising their stuff, so the pic came as a sort of parasite ad campaign or something! And still so much success... definitely Honda.
Old 26th May 2005, 22:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

OMIGOSH!!! I accept my mistake. I overlooked Honda. Forgot about its success. Honda OHC, NHC, Accord, CR-V. EVERYONES favorite cars. Compare their cars to its rivals in its category and most will choose HONDA! I defect to Honda
Old 26th May 2005, 23:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

I go with Skoda. That 1.9 TDi is just brilliant . Add to that the amazing build quality. And yes of course the RS , Skoda had the dare to give us an out and out performance car

Dippy
Old 27th May 2005, 00:08   #22
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Santro and Accent ageing models.
Lets talk about Zen,Esteem & 800..shall we?
Quote:
Ridiculous Ad campaigns like "most intelligent people drive santro","5 seatbelt" etc.
Fully agree with this...
Quote:
I vote for Tata Motors.
Not surprised one bit, Stratos
Old 27th May 2005, 00:15   #23
BHPian

has got to be TATA for me.

its not much if you compare it with other established brands in terms of fit and finish. but when you compare with improvement of their own existing models, i think they are the most exciting ones to follow in the Indian context, simply because you know they are working on something constantly and trying to improve.

apart from that, i've read that thread here about their A.S.S. and experiences of a couple of people and TATA's policy vis-a-vis dealer and customers. i think its a great thing they are attaching hat much value to A.S.S.

indigo euro III with intercooler, indica with turbo (?), indigo marina, common rail safari....its got to be TATA simply on the basis of their constant striving to improve and better their products.
Old 27th May 2005, 02:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

Well,its the Skoda for me too.The amazing tdi,the deliciously fast RS and the classy Superb.What else can one ask for??? And moreover,they have managed to change the norms of the automobile sector with their engines,build quality and the masculine image.And all this in just a little less than 4 years.Thats what i call 'happening'.

X
Old 27th May 2005, 05:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

I was tempted to vote Skoda just because of that brilliant RS and VFM 1.8 RiderT. No doubt aided by the good ol' 1.9TDi and Superb.

I was also tempted to vote Maruti, just because they've finally dared to change and bring in something that all of a sudden makes its other lineup look aged. The Swift.

But I voted for a company least expected so far. TKML or Toyota Kirloskar. To be really honest, look at Toyota. They finally realise that the customer ain't a fool, so they loaded up the Corolla and finally gave it ABS. Job well done. But honestly, they brought in a vehicle extremely hard to fault. The Innova.

Look at the Innova. It seats 7-8 in comfort, sometimes in more comfort than most D-segment cars. Its got style, build quality that makes even some entry D-segment cars whither away. Its got power good enough to tackle most conditions (D4D) and a Petrol one like its tail was on fire. Then an amazing combination of ride quality and handling never heard of in an MUV in India.

Sure its a tad bigger and pricey. But what the hell... i can live with that vehicle for years to come, knowing that it'll be hard to find a replacement that gives me such versatility and low cost of maintenance. The really amazing part is the Petrol. Its so fast, it can keep up with some entry D-segmenters. Top Speed of 180kmph... unheard of in a UV. But what's more earth shattering... an average of 10kmpl in combined cycle!! Hell, my accountant started scratching his head in disbelief when i told him that.

Honestly, you really can't go wrong with a package like the Innova. Its an all-rounder. You can park it in the forecourt of a 5-star hotel without having to undergo snickerings by the valets, you can drive her around town even though she's quite big and can be a bit of a problem while parking. She's good enough to take your family and your neighbours out for a drive to Kerala and back and spacious enough to make out. Its perfect.

Of course, the kids in your colony will want u to leave them to school, the neighbour will want your vehicle when he's moving house, your long lost friend will want you to pick him up from the airport.... all in all your life will be one of a driver albeit...Lol.

But one which only leaves a perpetual smile on your face.

Revv

Last edited by Revvmaster : 27th May 2005 at 09:44.
Old 27th May 2005, 06:59   #26
BHPian

My vote was for Tata Motors. I m very happy with this purely Indian manufacturer by what they offer to the indian masses in the form of Indicas and Indigos. They are ever improving and trying to compete with MNCs neck to neck. They make me a proud Indian afterall.

Also I don't think Maruti has done enough to please me. Its just one very good car that they got in now. But what about their other products. There's nothing extraordinary that they are offering apart from the Swift. I don't think they do enough justice to their potential by selling those dated cars.
Old 27th May 2005, 10:49   #27
Team-BHP Support

Tata it is. The next year I see Tata dropping the Safari Bomb on SuV market too. After all who will resist the 115Bhp safari! And i am sure they will launch it at 7.5 ex showroom.
Old 27th May 2005, 12:20   #28
BHPian

I would have appreciated if the original poster has put a list of milestones (if any) for the various manufacturers. It is difficult to 'remember' their achievements in that period.
Old 27th May 2005, 13:28   #29
BHPian

Skoda would have gotten my vote had it not been for the pathetic and bull**** of a dealer service network ! They are really screwed up ... i am sure other octivia and superb owners can back me up on this

Last edited by Mad Monkey : 27th May 2005 at 13:43.
Old 27th May 2005, 15:11   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi
I would have appreciated if the original poster has put a list of milestones (if any) for the various manufacturers. It is difficult to 'remember' their achievements in that period.
The original poster would appreciate if you did read up a bit.

Revv

Last edited by Revvmaster : 27th May 2005 at 15:13.

Most Viewed