Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2005, 21:46   #16
BANNED

too common man. if u spotted a new astra that would be something now. they have some in tirupur for crying out loud. its that common.
jesal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2005, 22:08   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Vectra is the biggest rip off in the indian automotive sector. The car cost close to 18 lakhs and does even have leather seats! Sure its packed with a lot of goodies but a person buying a 18 lakh car expects the comfort of leather (which is standard on any luxury car) Futher the car does not come with an auto transmission which would have been a better option for some. And with a price tag higher than an accord v6..it definatly doesnt give much more 'bang for your buck'
Old 30th May 2005, 23:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, you guys in Bombay are more Lucky than us Delhiteswhen it comes to spotting "rare imported cars".. maybe Bollywood is one reason.. (i luv ABs cars...)
Thats just one of the reasons why I prefer Mumbai to any other city in India. In fact, I hate every other city in India. No questions please.
Old 30th May 2005, 23:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

The opel vectra is just one heck of a car...brillant styling, cuts, curves everything. I wish the car a good place in the market. and isn't this the first car launched in india to have an On-board computer?
karthik247 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2005, 23:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Vectra is the biggest rip off in the indian automotive sector. The car cost close to 18 lakhs and does even have leather seats! Sure its packed with a lot of goodies but a person buying a 18 lakh car expects the comfort of leather (which is standard on any luxury car)
17lac was the introductory price for the Vectra that when my friend purchased it and it did come with a leather interior Beige colour..when the accord was Introduced at the same range ... the price was later brought down to 14lakhs ...the car had amazing build quality and laoded with features ...the Opel marketing failure lead to the unsuccessful Vectra failure ...
Old 30th May 2005, 23:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

The Vectras are pretty rare here too. There is only one I see on a regular basis. Otherwise the streets are littered with Accords, a few Camrys and even fewer Mondeos.
Old 31st May 2005, 07:27   #22
BHPian

Hey Jesal there is a previous generation Vectra in Tirupur. The one that was initially planned but scrapped at the last moment to bring in the latest generation.

Its a dark blue and I heard it had AWD. Not sure about this part since i neve bothered to check it out. Belongs to some one i know. He didnt even know what car it is when it was bought. Just another new car and he bought it.
Old 31st May 2005, 15:23   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
Hey Jesal there is a previous generation Vectra in Tirupur. The one that was initially planned but scrapped at the last moment to bring in the latest generation.

Its a dark blue and I heard it had AWD. Not sure about this part since i neve bothered to check it out. Belongs to some one i know. He didnt even know what car it is when it was bought. Just another new car and he bought it.
not too sure. there is one in silver in juhu itself where i stay.
i went to chcek out the mondeo yesterday damn thing stills costs 18 laks to my pocket.
Old 5th June 2005, 22:49   #24
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Seen this very well maintained VEctra in the Inorbit parking lot today :

Old 6th June 2005, 03:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys i live in bombay and sure the vectars are not that common here as other cars but its not like u never see them.had heard that gm was popping unsold ones(2003) 00km for a throwaway price of around 10ish. dont know if thats true but i did hear it from a relaible souce.
Old 13th August 2023, 22:08   #26
BHPian

Re: Spotted: Opel Vectra

Do you know of any Vectra for sale? Bumping this thread after 18 years
Old 14th August 2023, 08:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali View Post
Do you know of any Vectra for sale? Bumping this thread after 18 years
I know someone who owns one in Pune. The car is in good condition, however not in daily use. Let me know if you need the contact details.

Last edited by Turbanator : 14th August 2023 at 14:43. Reason: Spell, please proofread before posting.
tushky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 09:06   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
I know someone who ones one in Pune. The Car is in good condition however not in daily use. Let me know if you need the contact details.
Thanks. The PM facility is not functional for my account currently as I’m a new member. Please e-mail me the contact details at fastlanepsycho@gmail.com
Old 14th August 2023, 16:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali View Post
Thanks. The PM facility is not functional for my account currently as I’m a new member. Please e-mail me the contact details at fastlanepsycho@gmail.com
Alright, I have spoken to the owner. He said the car is in running condition. You can contact him. I have emailed you the contact details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks