Team-BHP - Spotted: Opel Vectra
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Spotted: Opel Vectra (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/5794-spotted-opel-vectra.html)

On my way to work today, spotted a black vehicle about 100 feet ahead of me. It looked different from the cars that I expected to see on Mumbai roads. And with that which car is it? thread running in my mind, I zoomed forward to take a closer look. Yes, it was an Opel Vectra!

Though I have seen this car before on display at MTV Building, Tardeo, this is the first time I saw it in action. This also happens to be the second Opel I liked after the Astra. The car is amazing to look at and has a typical styling that is way different from Accords, Mondeos, and Mercs. The chrome strip on the back is, again, something new and proudly calls out "Vectra" on the left side and "2.2" on the right. The styling on the sides is a tad like the Optra, but stands out and yells m-u-s-c-u-l-a-r. The tyres were huge and wide. Must be profile 255/R16 at least.

I haven't seen any Vectras on the road before. I believe there are only a few on Indian roads. I wonder if GM has officially launched this car in India. Even the Opel India website does NOT feature this car on their list. When officially launched, it will be a delightfully refreshing alternate to the Accords and Mondeos.

On the whole, it was a nice visual treat for my mundane monday morning!

dude are u serious ????or were you just born ? hahahaha ..

the Vectra has been around for ages man !

infact GM/Opel has withdrawn the Vectra temporarily to launch a revised version soon ..since there were numerous complaints about its fuel pump failures .. (Info from the GM servive engineers)
its one of my favourite cars on indian road ..

Vectras run on 15 inchers ..2.2 L engine 145 bhp .. amazing machine ..i'd love to have one .. didnt do too well because it was higly priced since it was 100% imported .. but its wicked wicked ride ...

PS - a frend of mine totalled his Vectra , u can find the pics in a thread called Totalled Vectra ..run a search on this forum ..

cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo_lover

infact GM/Opel has withdrawn the Vectra temporarily to launch a revised version soon ..since there were numerous complaints about its fuel pump failures .. (Info from the GM servive engineers)
its one of my favourite cars on indian road ..

Vectras run on 15 inchers ..2.2 L engine 145 bhp .. amazing machine ..i'd love to have one .. didnt do too well because it was higly priced since it was 100% imported .. but its wicked wicked ride ...

PS - a frend of mine totalled his Vectra , u can find the pics in a thread called Totalled Vectra ..run a search on this forum ..

cheers

Ive seen a few in Blore...but almost as rare as the Mondeo..

Well the Vectra has been around but now i think has been discontinued since ACI doesnot list its prices.. will confirm from dealers...

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo_lover

cheers

Turbo_lover,

Thanks for your insight. I'm now enlightened! :) Am just going through the thread you mentioned. And yeah, the car rocks!!

Cheers!

Arrrre.... very few Vectras in Mumbai??????

So many of them around here in Delhi, infact they may outnumber Ford Mondeos here..
I dont think there is anything special about "spotting a Vectra".. its like saying: "spotted a Contessa" or "Spotted a Maruti Van".. LOL
rl:

Yup, there are very few Vectra's out here. In my area itself there are only two Vectra's.

Vectra is a wonderfully disigend car.
Just love the way that Opel logo is placed on boot. But it was a bit expensive, servicing & other stuff was also expensive so did not made that good business.

Hope new version will be much better & cheaper
Too bad that GM is focussing more on Chevorlet & completly ignoring Opel products.
Is GM going to phase out Opel brand soon & sell all Daewoo models as Chevorlet??

Common, give him a break. He had never spotted one before and thought he would share the information. Why make fun of him?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
So many of them around here in Delhi, infact they may outnumber Ford Mondeos here.. rl:

.. Delhi has more of Vectras than mondeos for sures..we do get to see plenty ..
but may not be the case with other regions ..

Dceite,

You are probably right in saying nothing big in spotting a Vectra. It may be a everyday thing in Delhi. Not here in Mumbai. Saw it for the first time today running on Mumbai roads, and as Gordon said, they are a pretty rare sight here!

In fact, that's where the difference in cultures, language, mentality of people, superiority and inferiority complexes, and cars between cities kick in!

You will see BMW SUVs, an assortment of Mercedes Benz, Pajeros, Landcruisers, and the Maybach in Pune. On the other hand, you will see Lamborghinis, Porsches, BMW sedans, Jags, and a variety of sbks in Mumbai.

Heard people in Delhi are in for big, huge muscular SUVs and sedans than the sports/performance type vehicles! True?

in delhi chances are one will see more of modded City's , Lancers , Skodas , corollas ...than the very basic modded zens and esteems ...
i dont know if we are that big on SUV's are we ?

Not sure about SUVs, but ya we sure have those UN Pajeros flirting around here and there.
And not to forget those mad Qualis Cabs with Yellow plates.

Dueller, i didnt know that Vectra was so rare in your region. Thats why i was surprised.

BTW, you guys in Bombay are more Lucky than us Delhiteswhen it comes to spotting "rare imported cars".. maybe Bollywood is one reason.. (i luv ABs cars...)

The only car i spotted which was worth taking photo of in my cam was an SLK 350. I have posted its pic in "super cars and imports section"..

BTW Vectra is one Solid car. Build quality like Skoda. Performance not top notch though.

hahah ,am give those qualis drivers an OHC ..they will smoke anyone in a street race...

Haha, I doubled over when I saw this thread. A few vectras go around here too. Super looks, not so super interiors.