4.50 - 4.9x 57 49.57%
5.00 + 11 9.57%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2005, 17:07   #136
Senior - BHPian

What are the prices for comparable Getz models?
Old 22nd May 2005, 17:26   #137
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
I stopped today at a Maruti dealer in Hyderabad, The approximate prices he quoted are

Lxi - Rs.4,75,000/- (Ex. showroom price) On road proce could be 5.25

Vxi - Rs. 5.5 lacs on road

Zxi - Rs. 6+ on road
Steeroid as per your query

Bangalore Ex showroom prices for

GL, GLS GLS (ABS +alloys) are 4.6, 4.8, 5.2 respectively
Old 22nd May 2005, 17:49   #138
BHPian

6+... are they crazy.....it wont sell more than 100 a year......

5.25.... lolz... what are they thinking man... 5000/yr... not possible
divide it by 10

and btw... what is the raod tax and all in hyd??? i was thinkin Zxi would be somewhere 5.25.... but these figures are jaw dropping...

ford has done the same..... and i have seen only one fusion on delhi' roads since it was launched.....( price is not that high for what it offers.... atleast not as high as maruti is demanding.... or so it seems)....

if this is the price.. i am not buyin it.. palio zindabad

Last edited by BuRnT RuBbEr : 22nd May 2005 at 17:57.
Old 22nd May 2005, 17:57   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr
6+... are thay crazy.....it wont sell more than 100 a year......

if this is the price.. i am not buyin it.. palio zindabad
Fully agree. 6+ is highway robbery! The Getz will thrash the Swift left, right and center if this turns out to be the case.
Old 22nd May 2005, 18:39   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Steeroid as per your query

Bangalore Ex showroom prices for

GL, GLS GLS (ABS +alloys) are 4.6, 4.8, 5.2 respectively
Thank you, Ajmat.

They're obviously aiming at selling more of the base model, which is priced in line with Getz base model.

Which means that the Top End variants are aimed at the likes of TBHP members - they're probably looking to do small numbers of those in which case they should hit that target as well. Unless people buy the base model and jazz up the exteriors with alloys and other externally visible mods.
Old 22nd May 2005, 18:48   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

But Getz base model comes with Power windows which is missing in the Swift Base Model.
I think The prices quoted by the Hyd dealers are too exagerated.
Lets wait till 27th and we will come to know ourself.
Old 22nd May 2005, 18:51   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
What are the prices for comparable Getz models?
Getz GL is for 5.10 on road Bombay, 4.95 on road Thane
ps, 4pw, cl are standard

Getz GLS is 5.40 on road bombay , 5.25 on road Thane
Rear viper, defogger, wheel caps, fog lamps, spoiler , better fabric and silver dash( not sure) + some more bells and whistles.

For Hyundai model details see:
http://www.hyundai.co.in/getz/GetzMa...geName=feature

Note : These are approx prices. but pretty close . Also about the GLS prices, I dont know, if it includes the optional features.ABS, alloys, etc

Last edited by dipen : 22nd May 2005 at 18:53.
Old 22nd May 2005, 23:16   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
and btw... what is the raod tax and all in hyd???
The road tax in Hyd is 9%of ex-showroom price. My Palio D's ex-showroom price was 4.72 and the on-road price came to 5.25. That's how I came up with the on-road figure for Lxi.
Old 23rd May 2005, 14:15   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Zxi - Rs. 6+ on road
hahaaaaah!!!!! if maruti dares to even think of pricing the swift at that mark, they better plonk in the baleno powerplant, or they can kiss their market reputation and loyal customers GOODBYE...!!!!!

pray tell, why in hell would any self-respecting individual (or bhp-ian) buy a swift at that price instead of the baleno????

no, man; the swift is gonna be priced @ 5-5.25, on-road; or 4.8-4.9 ex-showroom; and i'm talking about the zxi variant. at that price, maybe the swift would eat it's competition up for breakfast, lunch and dinner. anything more, and the swift will be the meal for the competition to eat up.....

and i think maruti has learnt from it's baleno disaster...... they are not going to take another plunge at the pricing front......they know what the consumers expect......

Last edited by veyron1 : 23rd May 2005 at 14:18.
Old 23rd May 2005, 16:00   #145
BHPian

If 6+ is a reality for the top one, i have to seriously think about takin back my initial advance payment and look for getz..

I feel anything above 5.5lakh for zxi is not justifiable and 6L+ woud sound like "The choppers return on Maruthi Swift"..the money choppers..i mean

Hope it stays below 5.5L on road in Bangalore as i cannot convince my ppl at Home any further for a hatch back.

Hurry Home

Last edited by muni : 23rd May 2005 at 16:02.
Old 23rd May 2005, 16:29   #146
Senior - BHPian

There is no way Maruti will be able sell the Swift Zxi at the ridiculous price of 6 + lakhs. HEck even the base model sounds expensive . My two cents on what the pricing should be is

Lxi - 4 lakhs

Vxi - 4.5 lakhs

Zx- 5 to 5.2 lakhs max

It would be suicidal for Maruti to price the Swift on the higher side. All the hype surrouding the Swift will just die off in an instant

Dippy
Old 23rd May 2005, 16:57   #147

Hi guys,
.....The staff at Jagrut Motors in Ratnagiri claims to have undergone a week's "training" for the swift and has come back with the information that the Zxi will be priced at 5.8 L on Road -Ratnagiri (6.1 L in Bombay). The Base version will be around 4.25L on Road, and the Vxi will be about 5.0 L on Road (Vxi with ABS - 5.25L).

The Owner supports these figures and claims that these are "resonable". The price of the Zxi sounds like a big fat joke to me.

Burnt Rubber......i completely agree.... Palio Zindabad !!
Old 23rd May 2005, 18:51   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
It would be suicidal for Maruti to price the Swift on the higher side. All the hype surrouding the Swift will just die off in an instant

Dippy
The hype is there to justify the pricing...besides, somebody's gotta pay for all these promotions.

I have an awful feeling that the latest pricing info is closer to the truth than we might want to admit. Whats wrong with all these guys suddenly? Ford goes and prices the Fusion (such a nice concept for India) totally out of the market and it looks like Maruti are jumping on to the bandwagon. Toyota releases a peoples carrier with a D- segment price (forget the base model - it doesnt even come with power steering and is meant only to create an impression that the vehicle is cheaper than what it is) Are they all getting carried away by the sales figures? Lets not forget that people are buying B+ and C- cars in such large numbers after stretching their EMIs to the max to buy the best available...

Last edited by Steeroid : 23rd May 2005 at 18:53.
Old 23rd May 2005, 20:02   #149
Senior - BHPian

I think Maruti wants to play the same game they played with Baleno, Versa and Alto. Price its high initially and see if the market will bite. If not, then slash the price and increase sales.

Hyundai, Ford, Maruti......everyone is overpricing. We need people like TATA to keep these guys honest.
Old 23rd May 2005, 20:18   #150
SMG
BHPian

I think , soon there will be an upward price revision for Baleno to create a slot for Swift (with some tire upgrade thrown in to justify it) so that Swift will fit in between Esteem and Baleno.

That way Maruti is playing safe to protect Zen also. If this works well then soon Baleno will be discontinued and a next higher priced model ( 750K+) will replace it.

Last edited by SMG : 23rd May 2005 at 20:20.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed