4.50 - 4.9x 57 49.57%
5.00 + 11 9.57%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2005, 21:51   #76
Senior - BHPian

MonToyA/ Is this price confirmed or you are just guessing??
Old 13th May 2005, 02:46   #77
BHPian

Suzuki Swift to cost 3.99 Lakhs

Rejoice all you there!!

Swift will come in 3 variants with low end at 3.99 and top end at 4.75 lakhs.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/1108413.cms
Old 13th May 2005, 03:01   #78
BHPian

This is music to our years. A great car at the right price....Maruti is gonna have cash registers ringing
Old 13th May 2005, 03:48   #79
SuperSyn

That ET article once again shows why mainstream media should not be employed while reporting anything remotely technical, it is painful to watch DDM in action. Sample this:

"flared arches for better stability"

Since when have wheel arches played a role in vehice stability?! Perhaps in DTM cars for aerodynamic reasons at 250+kmph, but in a Swift?! The moron reporter/editor is just using filler words to sound informed. This about sums up the whole Times Group modus operandi.

Anyways, the price is good, and that is what really matters. The Hyundai Getz is dead! Long live the Swift!

I just wish Suzuki would introduce the 1.5 vvti engine in limited numbers (Swift Sport). At around 5.25-5.50 lakh, I'd buy two in a heartbeat!

Old 13th May 2005, 08:10   #80
Senior - BHPian

Wow! ABS + Airbags + digital A/C for under 5 lakhs. Maruti is truly a people's car maker. They have rewritten the rule book as far as VFM goes. The sedan version (under 6) will complete the package and truly kill the competetion.
Old 13th May 2005, 09:52   #81
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I would discount this eco-times article and save the celebrations for later. Whenever an article states "its expected to be" from industry sources, its just someones opinion which is as good as mine and yours.

Hang on, its only a handful of days away.

GTO
Old 13th May 2005, 10:31   #82
BANNED

Confirmed price is 5.50 for top model on road. Getting launched on the 19th of May. Surely will go there to test drive it and get pics and videos. Sales guy told me that he had already got 51 bookings for the swift from their dealer itself and also car doesnot have esteem engine. It has more torque then esteem.
Old 13th May 2005, 11:36   #83
AGP
BHPian

Hey Montoya,

can you tell me which dealer in mumbai has started booking of swift?
Should i book it without knowing the exact price? Is there a chance of cheating?
Old 13th May 2005, 11:41   #84
BANNED

Hey AGP,

The dealer is Automotive Manufacturers Nerul. Well you can book they wont cheat as i know them very well my Esteem was bought from there and serviced there untill i got myself a OHC. But it is my peronal advice to you not to book it unless and untill you have a very nice test drive of the car and you are satisfied with it. Price will be around what all of us think. i.e 5.5 lacs for the top end version..
Old 13th May 2005, 12:14   #85
Senior - BHPian

hey montoya, the price that you are quoting have been said by many dealers, but inside info from the maruti guys say otherwise...(read; 5.0 on-road or lesser)

and regarding the specs, i have already stated them in another thread on the same topic.

as for the launch date, even my dealer quoted the same dates; i.e, may 19th, but it seems that the date may be delayed... might go up by up to 23-25th....

and shibujp, the 1.3 multijet from maruti is on the way, but not yet... the engine will be produced under licence from fiat, and the first maruti with this engine will roll out in mid-late 2006.
Old 13th May 2005, 12:19   #86
BANNED

Hey veyron 1 the price will be 5 but then the optional fitments will be ABS and Airbags. There is not going to be a deck even in the top model thats for sure. Since people prefer their own custom ones.
Old 13th May 2005, 12:21   #87
Senior - BHPian

Going thru the economic times article about the expected price - im not excited at all about the swift.

the LXi will have 165/80 R14 Tyres - bah ! and whoever wrote in that article - flared arches for better stabilty deserves a big kick in their back side ! maan thats so silly.

the VXi comes with all power windows / key not removed buzzer (am i impressed or what) and no demister !!

The Zxi has rear wash wipe and demister and auto climate control ( wow thats so impressive) alongwith everything that the Vxi has and yeah 185/70 R14 tyres on alloys .

and i seriously think the interiors will be much cheaper than the ones in the swift sold in europe. i wont be surprised if bits and pieces from the wagon R and zen are carried over ....

now what ?

Last edited by normally_crazy : 13th May 2005 at 12:22.
Old 13th May 2005, 12:28   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
Hey veyron 1 the price will be 5 but then the optional fitments will be ABS and Airbags. There is not going to be a deck even in the top model thats for sure. Since people prefer their own custom ones.

yes, the deck...even i am not sure.... and i'm talking about the zxi version, which will have all of the stated as standard... and the price i quoted is for the zxi....

and n_c, no, the swift will have pretty good interiors.... and no parts will be carried forward from the other maruti models...
Old 13th May 2005, 12:36   #89
BANNED

Well i am sure about the deck since the guy told me that since buyers prefer their custom ones we wont offer them at all..
Old 13th May 2005, 14:58   #90

The deck panel will be embedded in the dashboard itself, so that means the Zxi variant would have a company fitted deck....the panel embedded on the dashboard thing...is it a seen before thing or is it unprecendented in India?I have never seen such syling..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed