Other 0 0%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2005, 19:09   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
. IMO its an outdated product and will not create a good first impression for VW.

haha ,
then what do u think abt the qualis.toyota already had the next generation Kjang in other markets while they made a good fortune selling the boxy outdated qualis in india

if the gol in diesel comes with a good package ,maybe we will have one more winner again.
Old 19th May 2005, 19:33   #122
BHPian

4.25 is really stupid.......3.99 would have helped them get the things on the road.... maybe they hav arrempted on saving zen Vxi.......

4.8 could have been managed to 4.7, that way it would hav come under 5.15.. ( which is the limit given to me this time by great dad)
anyways, it is not a worry because the last time i bought a car, i was given a budget of M800 n ended up buying a vtec( convincing power is all it takes )
and the top speed is showing that either the design is poor in aerodynamics, or the engine is again not able to transfer things to the wheel....but still 160 is paltry for 87.... i think the speed was 103-105 mph for the uk model.... 5 bhp cant take that much ( correct me if i m wrong dudes)

does not really seem to be very good buy ( leave aside in dash audio, tiltable steering is also missing)... but still, with a japanese engine and backing from maruti...it is sure better than getz....

now, i have my line of thought clear, palio or swift............

btw .. fiat was being rumoured to launch two( or one, i really don remember now, talked to fiat guy in november) small cars in march..... where are they???
Old 19th May 2005, 19:59   #123
BHPian

If Fiat could really market the current lot of cars well, the need to launch new small cars doesn't exist.

BTW: Coming back to the swift, the way hype is taking over the car, there is bound to be some initial disappointment for the vehicle.

What swift can help do is really put Indian customers to start thinking out of the FE syndrome and pay a little more for a car you would like to own than car you have to own
Old 19th May 2005, 20:14   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What swift can help do is really put Indian customers to start thinking out of the FE syndrome and pay a little more for a car you would like to own than car you have to own
don't see that happening for a long time
even if you have Porche first question people will ask is "Boss, avarage kitna milta hai?"
Old 19th May 2005, 21:27   #125
Team-BHP Support

dprssng

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
don't see that happening for a long time
even if you have Porche first question people will ask is "Boss, avarage kitna milta hai?"
thats sad but true to an extent.
Old 19th May 2005, 22:30   #126
BHPian

Yup thats what is the question couple of my closest freinds hate to answer while ridding the RD 350s they own. Their response to the question is " I dont feel the need to measure it "

But yes the swift should still evoke a new feeling.
Old 19th May 2005, 22:35   #127
BHPian

i have a serious thing to say here...when sombody is looking for a car above 5-6 lac brakett..... he is definatly keen on power and LUXURY....( dont forget, in india, car is a luxury for most of them )... it is also a mistake on the part of the automobile companies to sell undergraded and SUB-STANDARD products..... i recently saw a new japanese corolla ( yes it was imported from japan for an embassy)..... and the first difference was in the indicators..the quality was clearly distinguishable.... ( the basic design of the car being similar).... look at swift now... the exterior appears to be the same...( still to see that thing on d road tho)...but inside, the car has been stripped down badly..... start with the engine.. and not to mention the A/T trans.. and 1.5 engine......and interior quality is
Old 19th May 2005, 22:40   #128
BHPian

nice to see more cars being launched in premium hatchback segments.. Palio & getz will have a tough time ahead
Old 20th May 2005, 12:36   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive
nice to see more cars being launched in premium hatchback segments.. Palio & getz will have a tough time ahead
I second that...and I daresay the Getx and the Palio may pack their bags and do some revamping..either on the car or on its price (Getz)....The palio...well....fiat first has to consider india serious enough to command atleast an India website...fiat doesn't have one!!!can u beat that....???fiat marketing for the palio has been extremely lackadaisical....not expected from italian giants...

compared to this...maruti has pulled one off big time with their marketing for the swift (atleast so far)...hope the ad campaign lives up to the hype generated thus far...
Old 20th May 2005, 12:42   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starumpire
The palio...well....fiat first has to consider india serious enough to command atleast an India website...fiat doesn't have one!!!can u beat that....???fiat marketing for the palio has been extremely lackadaisical....not expected from italian giants...
Sad but true. I just hope for their sake and the motoring community in India, that Fiat pulls up its socks. They have some good products and can introduce other superb products too. We need more decent competition in India and more choice. Fiat really needs to take a hard look. I think the loyalty of Fiat owners in India is something that they may not get world over.

Last edited by typeOnegative : 20th May 2005 at 12:46.
Old 20th May 2005, 14:50   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by starumpire
The palio...well....fiat first has to consider india serious enough to command atleast an India website...fiat doesn't have one!!!can u beat that....???fiat marketing for the palio has been extremely lackadaisical....not expected from italian giants...
Oh, you don't want to start one more Fiat discussion here. Fiat cars are highly respected in this forum, but we despise Fiat the company, and they deserve it. Just search Fiat in this forum.
Old 21st May 2005, 14:37   #132
Senior - BHPian

Watch the newly enhanced swift site on additional details

www.marutiswift.com
Old 22nd May 2005, 15:43   #133
BANNED

Note from the Admin : Posting entire articles from other sources is not permitted on Team-BHP. You may post an excerpt or a brief summary with the link to the original article

Last edited by Montoya : 22nd May 2005 at 15:46.
Old 22nd May 2005, 16:37   #134
Senior - BHPian

I stopped today at a Maruti dealer in Hyderabad, The approximate prices he quoted are

Lxi - Rs.4,75,000/- (Ex. showroom price) On road proce could be 5.25

Vxi - Rs. 5.5 lacs on road

Zxi - Rs. 6+ on road
Old 22nd May 2005, 16:45   #135
BANNED

Zxi wont sell at that price pleaes.. 6+ is to much for a car of that magnitude..

p.s Alloys look getzish..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks