Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2009, 10:17   #496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Any inputs guys? Or silence means something else

What I observed is parking difficulty is more in Width (And I'm in Mumbai which is the most congested city & most prone to parking issues, if any). If you're not able to find enough width to park a Sedan, 9 out of 10 times you'll not be able to park a hatch as well.
Atleast I've not come across enough situations in Mumbai which are panicky to force me to think about seriously buying a hatch only because of parking issues (And I do not have an owned apartment with dedicated parking either). Hence to me, it is a lame excuse which people give just to prove a point & hence funny. Yes, there would be instances but less in numbers & manageable.
Well VP, you are right to a certain extent. The length is almost never an issue when it comes to parking in the society compound or angular parking, but it becomes an issue when cars are parked one behind the other. Example at Bandra Reclamation near Leelavati Hospital. I couldn't park my NHC in a space vacated by a small hatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Why are we still accusing INDIANs to have a snob value for sedans?
I think fact of the matter is Indians like sedans, and whether 'being snobbish' is the reason or something else is the reason we should not really care

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
This is NOT a hatch Vs saloon thread, NOR is it about developed and developing nations, its about the i20! Keep the discussion focussed guys.
It's about i20
It's about the pricing of i20
It's about whether the market will accept the price
which is possible only by comparing similar priced products.
Because, 'budget' is still the biggest criteria while buying a car.
Other similar priced cars happen to be sedans (except Jazz).

More people fix a budget first and then see what max they can get for their money. First thing they see is if they can buy a sedan in that budget. If they can't then they'll go for a hatch. Unless it is a second car, and they are really looking at a smaller car for city driving, when their bigger first car has already defined their 'status' among their friends/relatives/neighbours/colleagues.

The i20 CRDi is definitely a good product and it is VFM but only for a niche market.
Old 9th July 2009, 11:29   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Oh chill please dont kill me for this.... I am not going that far! I am just compairing it to the other car in 'its' segment.
I'm sorry. I was only expecting a more specific comparision rather than a general statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Some how I20 doesn't look anywhere near the VFM product. But again VFM is a relative thing isn't it as Vitamin M is.
Precisely. Why can't everyone just accept that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi View Post
It is difficult to sign a cheque of 8L is you are not getting the snob value of the straight H or equivalent, and/or the snob value of a sedan.
You are entitled to your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
I too feel the lack of parking a car when going out to small shops. That is why I keep a scooter (Honda Aviator, right now) and a bicycle. Everytime, I'm under pressure of time, I just take out either of these two bikes.
That makes a lot of sense!
Old 9th July 2009, 11:40   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash View Post
And sunfilm at discount is what he has promised.
Do not get sunfilm installed at the dealers, get it done outside. Get something standard like llumar or vKool, get it done for the windscreen also. In llumar brand, llumar steel 35 for windows and llumar air 75 for windscreen will be a good option. You can go to shops on mission road, I think there is even a llumar brand shop there.
Old 9th July 2009, 11:46   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinpak View Post
I was eagerly waiting for the i20 Automatic. At 7.3 ex, it would translate to 8.75L on road. I'd rather get a used Civic AT with paddle shifts at the same price. Or spend 2L more and get the ANHC AT.
+1, I was so anxious that I did jugaad to get the passes for the launch at Delhi. But once I saw the Slide of Prices, my hopes were cut.

It makes more sense to buy a used corolla AT.
Old 9th July 2009, 11:55   #500
Senior - BHPian

There seem to be some discounts or lets say "Introductory Price" offer for i20 diesel here in Ahmedabad.
Following is the pricing on the hyundai i20 site.

i20 1.4 Magna Diesel with ABS 633572

i20 1.4 Asta Diesel 698620

Below is the advert released in todays TOI Ahmedabad edition.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 Diesel and 1.4 petrol EDIT: Now Launched..!!!-i20-diesel.png  

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 9th July 2009 at 12:02. Reason: SPACING
Old 9th July 2009, 11:59   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
There seem to be some discounts or lets say "Introductory Price" offer for i20 diesel here in Ahmedabad.

i20 1.4 Magna Diesel with ABS633572i20 1.4 Asta Diesel698620

Your are missing the fine print.
Terms and conditions apply. All offers are from dealer only.

By the way, the dealer is giving is around 24k discount for a new car, thats mind boggling, never seen such thing before.
Seems like hyundai india's top honcho is married to an ahmedabadi girl.

or have they launched a non-abs stripped down version for our "cost-conscious" gujrati bhais.

Last edited by pb10gagan : 9th July 2009 at 12:04.
Old 9th July 2009, 12:00   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

i20 1.4 Magna Diesel with ABS633572i20 1.4 Asta Diesel698620

Sexy alloys IMHO.

None at TBHP booked?
Old 9th July 2009, 12:16   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post

By the way, the dealer is giving is around 24k discount for a new car, thats mind boggling, never seen such thing before.

or have they launched a non-abs stripped down version for our "cost-conscious" gujrati bhais.
I read the T&C apply. I also thin they have a stripped down version without ABS.

The site says i20 1.4 Magna Diesel with ABS 633572

There is no mention of any without ABS so this could be it. Or may be the dealer is actually offering that discount to attract sales. You never know. I called them and they"

"Sir, we dont discuss pricing and offers on phone. Why dont you come down to the showroom and we could discuss everything in detail"

Must say, politeness has come in amongst showroom sales people of Hyundai in last few months. Last year when i visited for a TD of Verna, the response i got put me off and i ended by buying Cedia. Which ofcourse i dont regret at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Sexy alloys IMHO.

None at TBHP booked?
I think these alloys are standard fitting for top end versions. If you see on i20 website, under the exterior section, there is a picture of these with this note below: " Top models are equipped with 185/65 R14, 5-spoke
light alloy wheels."

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th July 2009 at 12:36. Reason: Please use multiquote option instead of making back to back posts, thanks
Old 9th July 2009, 12:27   #504
BHPian

Unbelievable!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post

Does it matter who provides the discount? whether it is the dealer/hyundai? And the 24K discount is for Magna. I think the discount is atleast 50K plus for Asta. I had called the dealership and they confirmed the prices for Magna!!

Why cannt dealers in Blore do the same... It is a big deal...
Old 9th July 2009, 12:31   #505
BHPian

Quote:
I think these alloys are standard fitting for top end versions. If you see on i20 website, under the exterior section, there is a picture of these with this note below: " Top models are equipped with 185/65 R14, 5-spoke
light alloy wheels."

Alloys comes with the top end versions but i do not think it is similar to the ones in the image. Those looks bigger than what they provide, may be 15 inchers.
Old 9th July 2009, 12:58   #506
Senior - BHPian

Are you people talking about discounts on the i20 diesel? Why would they discount a car that was launched 24 hours back?! Even the 1.2 Kappa i20 has no discounts then why should the diesel?
Old 9th July 2009, 13:02   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Are you people talking about discounts on the i20 diesel? Why would they discount a car that was launched 24 hours back?! Even the 1.2 Kappa i20 has no discounts then why should the diesel?
yes amit, we are talking about discounts on i20 diesel. If you check my post below i have posted the pricing from the Hyundai site and a news paper advert from a Hyundai dealer here. There is a difference in the pricing.

But we are assuming there would be some kind of a catch as it says T&C apply.
Old 9th July 2009, 13:02   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I find this strange too! Unless Hyundai released the prices in a hurry and are making up for it, as an afterthought. I have so far never heard of any dealer giving away discounts on a car which was launched just a few days back.
Old 9th July 2009, 13:03   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, a discount on newly launched diesel.
while the hyundai website says, 633572, the newspaper ad shows starting at 5.96 lacs.
Maybe they are offering 37K of loyalty bonus on diesel magna i20.
But for all such dealer initiated schemes the devil is in the detail.
Old 9th July 2009, 13:04   #510
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps Hyundai dealers want to stop that overpriced perception from setting in. Look at the Fiat Linea. It was launched at really cheap prices and Fiat has jacked it up by 30k or something so far according to another thread. Smart move because the VFM perception still remains. I guess Hyundai are trying something similar though this is at a dealer level and not at a company level
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks