Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2009, 16:58   #601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
The Getz CRDi has been discontinued.

If true, that is sad news. The getz is by far the quickest and most mental hatch in the market today.

Hyundai website still shows Getz CRDi as an option though.
Old 19th July 2009, 18:41   #602
Senior - BHPian

thats interesting news to hear Getz being discontinued!

here is something more interesting news..

..though i10 and i30 are being sold in Dubai, but no i20 is being offered! instead Getz is being still sold here!

Getz is 1.6 and 1.3 ltr petrol engined!
Old 19th July 2009, 19:17   #603
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
The Getz CRDi has been discontinued.
At this rate,one would need to change Hyundais every two years to ward of "obsolescence"

Here is a list of the launches/mods they made:

Economy Hatch - Santro1998,Santro 1999,Santro 2002,Xing,Xing ERlX,Getz.

Big Hatch - Getz,Prime
Sedan - Accent
Premium Sedan - Verna
D Segment - Elantra
HiFi - Sonata Gold,Sonata Embera(two revisions)

The only car that hasn't changed in their stable is the Accent.That was also stopped for a few months to push Verna,which never took off that well.Hence it was brought back.
Old 19th July 2009, 19:50   #604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
At this rate,one would need to change Hyundais every two years to ward of "obsolescence"
Probably stopped Getz to push i20 CRDi. I doubt it'll work though. The ones that wanted i20 would go for it anyway, and those who can't stretch to the i20 would settle for the Punto MJD / Swift VDi / Indica Quadrajet whatever. Only the enthustast would pick the Getz CRDi.

Quote:
Here is a list of the launches/mods they made:

Economy Hatch - Santro1998,Santro 1999,Santro 2002,Xing,Xing ERlX,Getz.
I think it's a good thing they keep updating their bestseller.

Quote:
Sedan - Accent
Premium Sedan - Verna
Same car, unfortunately Hyundai thinks it's convincing Indian buyers to buy two different products. Skoda does it too. And it's sad. Biggest culprit though? Maruti. As if 800 AND Alto parallel weren't enough, now there's A-Star too?

Quote:
HiFi - Sonata Gold,Sonata Embera(two revisions)
Three. Sonata Transform.

The only car that hasn't changed in their stable is the Accent.That was also stopped for a few months to push Verna,which never took off that well.Hence it was brought back.[/quote]

Quite a workhorse, could swear by it. Currently have a '01 which has done 1,36,000+ km.
Old 19th July 2009, 20:20   #605
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash View Post
One correction, waiting time is 1.5 months not 1.5 weeks
That's a fairly long waiting period. I suppose the only way to ensure you get your car at the promised time, is to periodically check in with the dealer.
Old 20th July 2009, 16:07   #606
Senior - BHPian

here the on road prices for Ahmedabad on road :
1.4 petrol Asta AT 821007/-
1.4 P Asta AT sunroof 866471/-
1.4 D Magna (ABS) 698084/-
1.4 D Asta 768344/-
1.4 d Asta(O) 809199/-

crdi delivery is around 1 week to 3 weeks depending on the choice of colour.Petrols yet to get details.
Old 23rd July 2009, 02:20   #607
Senior - BHPian

Mulling the asta crdi. But the price makes me shudder. The linea rivals it and beats it for the price. And that's saying something! Nonetheless the I20's a brilliant car and I might just be lining up for one, soon :-)
Old 12th August 2009, 13:26   #608
Senior - BHPian

have booked an i20 asta 1.4 a/t petrol 2 weeks ago ! owned a brand new punto emotion pack 1.4 petrol before booking this 1. gave it to a colleague for reasons. while some mite even be shocked, i have many reasons which i would gladly share is someone is curious enough But for now, am quite excited and waiting eagerly for the arrival of that 100hp monster. (by hatch standards)
Old 12th August 2009, 14:08   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
have booked an i20 asta 1.4 a/t petrol 2 weeks ago ! owned a brand new punto emotion pack 1.4 petrol before booking this 1. gave it to a colleague for reasons. while some mite even be shocked, i have many reasons which i would gladly share is someone is curious enough But for now, am quite excited and waiting eagerly for the arrival of that 100hp monster. (by hatch standards)
Very interesting scenario. You should start another thread writing in detail !
Old 12th August 2009, 14:40   #610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And what exactly did it make you to sell off your brand new Punto and book a 8L i20?

BTW, congratulations on your purchase, do post your post delivery experiences
Old 12th August 2009, 15:10   #611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would like to know the reason why you gave GP away. I guess all other owners are happy with their GP. Was there any specific prob with gp or you enjoyed i20 more?
Old 12th August 2009, 15:51   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
have booked an i20 asta 1.4 a/t petrol 2 weeks ago ! owned a brand new punto emotion pack 1.4 petrol before booking this 1. gave it to a colleague for reasons. while some mite even be shocked, i have many reasons which i would gladly share is someone is curious enough But for now, am quite excited and waiting eagerly for the arrival of that 100hp monster.
He he ,this is gonna give some people sleepless nights.

Anyway congrats on booking the i20.
Do post a review when you get it.
Old 12th August 2009, 16:05   #613
BHPian

Quote:
i have many reasons which i would gladly share is someone if curious enough
Sure, I would be interested to know the reasons. I trust actual owners which switched cars rather than test drive people who turns down one car and decides on another.
Old 12th August 2009, 18:01   #614
Senior - BHPian

MODERATOR NOTE:

Slang is not allowed on TeamBhp.

Please do not use words like 'mite' or 'wev'. Go thru the rules before proceeding

hehe.....i quite expected a storm of questions after saying what i did. Anyway since so many have asked in such a short time, here is the reason. I, personally loved the punto. Infact the very reason y we had bought the 1.4 FIRE was ,we wanted to exploit whatever maximum power ( 90bhp petrol) that fiat had on offer. But the primary requirement was " A/T"...yea thats right...an auto tranny. y ? ...well its not my need, its my dads. He prefers not to keep drivers as wev had bad experiences with driver before ( 3 drivers have completely bashed up 3 different cars in the past, a getz, old honda city and a honda accord! ) Since that day we decided ,lets not take any chances henceforth. So now, he does his driving but his 55 yr old tired feet trouble him all the more with the frequent clutching and breaking thats needed in bumper-to-bumper traffic situations. Tackling heavy traffic situations everyday was becoming quite troublesome for him and only adding to his toxicity gathered all day at work.Add to that the punto is really sluggish to 2000rpm. All of 1145kgs wasnt helping either. A peppier engine mite have helped. Last but not the least, back seat space does matter in our family ( i agree i20 is no leader in space but its better than punto). Unfortunately, we had no idea i20 was coming out with bigger more powerful engines and with an "automatic transmission" when we booked the GP. The kind of person my dad is , (workoholic enough to affect his health, already diabetic)..we didnot want something as stupid as daily city driving to add to his fatigue. So a collaboration of many reasons like - hyundai had a good product in their stables, money NOT being an issue atall, a/t, good interiors, good features, good looks etc etc. compelled us to book it ! My dad too loved the punto but its practicality that won the race here. We c it everyday though, in our office :P as we have given it to a long time colleague of dad's. The guy had tears in his eyes when dad gifted the punto to him and i had tears in mine as she was going ! i sure am going to enjoy clicking pics of 2 of India's hottest hatches side by side when the i20 gets here ! a red punto e+ alongside a blue or white i20

O by the way, just something that struck my mind right now, everybody usually gets their smaller cars to office and hence, after the i20 gets here, we will have, an i20 1.4, a punto emotionpack, a swift Vdi, a Getz crdi, a Honda Jazz Active and a Ritz petrol in the parking lot ! nice eh ? and besides all these, there is an indica kept for the staff professional outings ! Practically all the segment rivals exist in 1 parking lot, so far, all of them are in different colours as well.lolz

Last edited by Mpower : 12th August 2009 at 20:44.
Old 12th August 2009, 18:41   #615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The guy had tears in his eyes when dad gifted the punto to him
Your dad has a big heart.......
Closed Thread

Most Viewed