Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2009, 15:41   #316
BHPian

Truly disappointing prices. 1.4 CRDI Asta with options - Rs 7.20 lakh which means about 8L OTR Pune!

In a sadistic way i'm actually happy. If it was priced well I would have always been tossing between the I20 and the Punto and would never have got that completely "satisfied" feeling that I made the perfect choice. But now im dead sure its the Punto MJD Emotion Pack all the way.

Thank You Hyundai for helping me make my choice!

Edit: Actually I still need to make a choice. I still need to choose the color of the Punto! Man that's a tough one!

Last edited by Crimson : 7th July 2009 at 15:47. Reason: Punto Color Choice
Old 7th July 2009, 15:59   #317
BHPian

The i20 CRDi prices are really competitive when u compare it with Jazz. In other words, both are equally ridiculous! Come on Fiat, the turf is all yours.
Old 7th July 2009, 16:04   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi View Post
The i20 CRDi prices are really competitive when u compare it with Jazz. In other words, both are equally ridiculous! Come on Fiat, the turf is all yours.
Have you ever considered if Fiat were to plonk a 1.5 ltr 90 bhp engine in Punto, what would the cost be?

Have you ever considered if Fiat were to give a 100 bhp petrol motor, with auto tranny and good quality trim, all wheel disc brakes, what would the cost of Punto be?

The thing is anyone can have features (like car audio system). But one system can be as low as 10k, and the other one can be as expensive as 100k. So its unfair to compare like hey both cars have music systems. Its the quality that matters too. i20 is league ahead of Punto when it comes to interior fit and finish and the engine options, couple that with Hyundai dealer network and after sales, the premium they demand is justified!
Old 7th July 2009, 16:09   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi View Post

Yeah, Fiat has the turf all to itself. Maybe that's why they aren't bothering about the plastics, disappointing engine etc.
But atleast, they priced the punto very well. Everyone expected hyundai to learn a lesson from the punto's pricing, but i think they are hell bent on not selling cars here!!
Old 7th July 2009, 16:21   #320
BHPian

Aseem - Pl clarify in what way you are connected with Hyundai. The manner in which you are showcasing their "Goodness" makes me really doubt if your opinion is truly unbiased.
Old 7th July 2009, 16:32   #321
BHPian

Punto is more VFM than the i20 but honestly I don't think Rs. 80,000 OTR for the i20 over the Punto is too bad. In my opinion ideally it should have been Rs. 50,000. Having dealt with both Hyundai and Tata A.S.S. I can say there is a world of difference between the two. Fiat/Tata are trying hard and have reduced the price of spares significantly too but I think they still have a ways to go. At the end of the day it will boil down to personal preference I guess but I have a feeling the i20 (petrol + diesel combined) will outsell the GP (petrol + diesel combined). I guess we will know by the end of the year!

Last edited by CarsPG : 7th July 2009 at 16:35.
Old 7th July 2009, 16:35   #322
BHPian

This is a general observation, so anybody who wants to bash me I am game for it!!
When getz was launched, I wondered why does it ask for a premium? When a yamaha asks for a premium over a hero honda, I wondered why so? And whenever a Honda asks for a premium over a Hyundai, I used to wonder why and why ... and over the years, after studying the products and their life line, it appears to me that there is nothing like a right pricing and wrong pricing!! It all depends on the user and his value perception. Whoever wants a premium doesn't mind paying something extra for a quality and for others there are always cheaper, compromised products! I am just trying tell that just because we do not have a complete knowledge, we should not be drubbing a premium product! As aseem points out, a music system can be worth 10k or 100k and a ABS can be controlled with a 10MHz controller or a 100MHz controller and believe me the preimum you pay is really worth the money and it really matters!! So just going by the feature list it is not good for us commoners to thrash a prodcut! think over it ... before you bash me
Old 7th July 2009, 16:36   #323
BHPian

Sorry if it is there in the earlier posts, but I still don't know whether the 90 bhp 1.4 ltr crdi in the i20 is CGT or VGT. Earlier reports talked about a 74 bhp 1.4 crdi engine with CGT. Is it that the 90 bhp has VGT?
Old 7th July 2009, 16:36   #324
BHPian

IMHO i20 interiors are better (in terms of plastics look and feel) than both jazz and punto, and most people out here would agree to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I agree the fit and finish of punto interior does not match that of a jazz. But i20 interiors are not the the thing to boast about.
A multijet is far more advanced that CRDi, how can you conclude that? as far as i know both are same technologies with different names. They might only differ in the number of jets pumped in one injection cycle.

Quote:
And when you talk about diesel you are comparing it with a Multijet. Mind you. It is a far more advanced engine than the contemporary. And it is time tested in swift and loads of other vehicles. just because it is 100cc higher and gives 15bhp more doesnt make it a great engine in terms of advancement
i agree to that, but i would say that hyundai is still a notch better when it comes to quality of service, it seems to be the general perception here.

Quote:
Hyndai have a strong dealer network i agree. So do TATA.
So comeon guys get life and think logical............
Old 7th July 2009, 16:36   #325
BHPian

Any info on the FE figures for the CRDi ?
Old 7th July 2009, 16:37   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Have you ever considered if Fiat were to plonk a 1.5 ltr 90 bhp engine in Punto, what would the cost be?
They would'nt need to! The 1.3 VGT would do the job of matching the 90BHP.
Old 7th July 2009, 16:37   #327
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Technology wise which do you think is better? Hyundai CRDI or Fiat Multijet?
Old 7th July 2009, 16:41   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
interior fit and finish and the engine options, couple that with Hyundai dealer network and after sales, the premium they demand is justified !
Have you ever considered why companies buy diesel engines from fiat and not Hyundai?

As a customer when i go to the market to spend 7-8 L, i see what is more VFM. If am to choose between a i20 and Jazz for example, you will see i20 is more VFM or you will think and find out reasons why JAZZ demands a much more premium over i20.
I have not seen a single post which says Jazz high price is justified because Honda is a big brand and has a higher reputation than Hyundai. People on tbhp have highly condemned the poor pricing of Jazz, result is tons of punto thread and none of jazz

1.5 l 90 bhp engine? Man, Fiat has the multijet in place which is said to be one one of the best diesel engines worldwide. Hyundai diesels wont be near to multijet in terms of technology. Just because its 15 bhp more doesnt mean its a better engine. Things are still unclear on engine front like performance, FE etc whereas Multijet is a national engine of India.

Regarding brand values and brand names, if hyundai is pricing its hatch at 8L it has to give features. If not, noone will consider it, for 8L people will prefer a Jazz over i20 anyday for the Honda name, perfect example is how Sonata 1-2-3 failed and Accord which was less VFM trumped it easily.

Dealer networks, Tata must be better than Hyundai. Hyundai A.S.S is better agree.

All in all, if like Honda, Hyundai thinks that it can get away with a high pricing of i20 just because it has good interior quality and a 90 bhp engine, i think it might be a mistake.

What is overpriced is overpriced, one cant justify such pricing just because its a honda or hyundai and find weird reasons to say pricing is correct.
Fiat priced Punto brilliantly and everyone said that, with base diesel starting from a mere 4.85 L.

Anyways, guys be on topic and we should stop fiat-hyundai ladai ladai

Last edited by coolboy007 : 7th July 2009 at 16:46.
Old 7th July 2009, 16:48   #329
BHPian

Can someone put up a list of all options in the 8L - 8.5L OTR price bracket?

I'm not sure but I think you can get a Diesel Top of the line Fiesta for that much? Or am i wrong?

Last edited by Crimson : 7th July 2009 at 16:50.
Old 7th July 2009, 16:51   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Guys, Technology wise which do you think is better? Hyundai CRDI or Fiat Multijet?
Pardon me but as far as technology is concerned both are same, and so is TDCi, CDi, TDi, CDTi, D4D.
i guess only pumpe duse from skoda takes a different approach.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks