Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2009, 16:54   #331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Guys, Technology wise which do you think is better? Hyundai CRDI or Fiat Multijet?
kmpl = MJT
bhp/torque = Hyundai

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
You see, Hyundai and the others have good cars into which they can put the diesel engines, unlike Fiat, who can only watch and see the other companies using their engine and making better cars, than the nonsense they manufacture!!
This guy is dead right Fiat Fans?
Old 7th July 2009, 16:58   #332
BHPian

(off-topic) a bit on best diesel engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Have you ever considered why companies buy diesel engines from fiat and not Hyundai?
my friend, there are a hell lot of considerations that car manufactures make while buying an engine for their car.
like would it fit into their chasis.
what is the engine capacity.
would the parent company give them the engine.
what would be the cost.

and by the way do u know which is the best diesel engine.

it the horizontally opposed boxer turbo diesel from subaru.
it is as quiet as a petrol lighter than a petrol and has all the good things of diesel (ming-numbing torque etc.)

but not many manufacturers buy it, because it is too restrictive a design, and comes only in 2.0 liter spec

Last edited by pb10gagan : 7th July 2009 at 17:00.
Old 7th July 2009, 17:13   #333
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

The i20 CRDI may well be a great car. However, it is a hatch I do not see too many people spending upwards of Rs 7 lacs for a Diesel Hatch. You can get proper sedans for that kind of money.

The Fusion Diesel and the Getz CRDi failed largely on account of pricing even though cars with the same engines ( Fiest and Verna) were a lot more successful.

You can get a SX4 ZXI for Rs 7 lacs and as every one knows the SX4 has very good equipment levels.

For 5 lacs you get an Accent which though a pretty old model is a sedan none the less with a 90 Bhp plus engine.

With aam junta: Sedan = Big Car= Status
Old 7th July 2009, 17:17   #334
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys we have had enough of this Fiat fan fare. Any more Fiat Vs posts & they will be deleted.Lets stick to the i20 here
Old 7th July 2009, 17:21   #335
BHPian

I am sure there are going to be countless numbers who will grumble and a few who are going to go ahead and buy it.

But with i20 petrol itself having a long delivery period, I wonder if i20 diesel will be like maruti's Dzire. Any idea how much of i20's export comprises of diesel's ?
Old 7th July 2009, 17:29   #336
BHPian

anybody got a td yet of 1.4 crdi
Old 7th July 2009, 17:41   #337
knp
BHPian

though bit Off topic, I just called Trident Hyundai, Bangalore for Get GLX 1.3 and they said that Gets production is stopped. It looks like they stopped Getz, probably to promote i20.
Old 7th July 2009, 17:42   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Is the engine power your sole criteria of choosing better cars (getz crdi) then i laugh at you rather than laughing at fiat
His criteria for buying a car will obviously differ from yours. There are many here who would laugh at you for NOT being swayed towards the Getz only for it's power, so lets keep the laughs to ourselves, shall we Please don't take offence, just trying to make a point here.

Anyway, sure they got pricing terribly wrong, but I STILL applaud Hyundai for taking the effort to introduce everything they have (well, almost) with an A/T. It's better than the dismal attitude other manufacturers are showing in this regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
though bit Off topic, I just called Trident Hyundai, Bangalore for Get GLX 1.3 and they said that Gets production is stopped. It looks like they stopped Getz, probably to promote i20.
That leaves a gaping hole between an affordable i10 and an affordable i20. Not a good move.

I apologise for generalizing while making the above statement.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 7th July 2009 at 17:44.
Old 7th July 2009, 17:45   #339
Senior - BHPian

- Where can I get i20's Mumbai prices? The website just shows 1.2 prices.

- The A/T is a 4 speed one! Ridiculous for a 8 Lakh+ car!

- The 1.4L petrol engine is a VTVT one? Wow! How come no one is talking about that?
Old 7th July 2009, 17:50   #340
BHPian

The i20 CRDi is now officially compared and dusted with every other car in the market!

But I could not find any posts about visual aspect. Any visual changes? Both interior and exterior.
Old 7th July 2009, 17:55   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
The i20 CRDi is now officially compared and dusted with every other car in the market!

But I could not find any posts about visual aspect. Any visual changes? Both interior and exterior.
New I20 Asta(O) has Sun Roof and front map lights.
Old 7th July 2009, 18:04   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
New I20 Asta(O) has Sun Roof and front map lights.
The website says this is also for the 1.2 Petrol version. Did anyone get a chance to check with a dealer?
Old 7th July 2009, 18:23   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Where can I get i20's Mumbai prices? The website just shows 1.2 prices.
Try calling Hyundai Motor Plaza. Other dealers might be slow but HMP is company-owned. Also they have cars for TD's which other dealers don't, like the Verna A/T. I usually call them for info.

Quote:
The A/T is a 4 speed one! Ridiculous for a 8 Lakh+ car!
When the same 'box is doing duty in the Verna, I didn't for a moment expect a Fiver in the i20. High time they got one, of course.

A point to note, though. An Altis A/T with a 4-speed is more efficient (FE-wise) than a 5-speed Civic A/T. I'm not making a general statement here. Just saying maybe we should look past the number of gears and into actual performance. Dont get me wrong, I'd rather have the extra cog too.

Quote:
The 1.4L petrol engine is a VTVT one? Wow! How come no one is talking about that?
I think everyone's just recovering from the prices.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 7th July 2009 at 18:27.
Old 7th July 2009, 18:41   #344
BHPian

Here's my post on i20 from the other thread
Hyundai does it again . Getz got killed by its pricing, lets wait and watch the fate of i20. Hope the top brass reacts to the market trend of i20 CRDi.
It seems that Hyundai is targeting upscale people, where Honda rules the roost.

Vista - Entry & Mass Market - VFM
Punto - Young & Mass Market - VFM
i20 CRDi - Affluent Market - brand image
Old 7th July 2009, 19:07   #345
BHPian

Everyone seems to be shocked here. This is what happens when people don't know what to expect before the truth is revealed.

I was always saying that a specced i20 1.4 CRDI would be value for money if priced around 75K extra above a similarly specced Punto. And people couldn't agree that the price difference could be that high. When I said asta(O) would be reasonable if priced within 8.3L OTR Bangalore, people were shocked. Now, it is 1.1L above a punto top end and asta(O) will be well above 8.5L OTR Bangalore.

Enjoy everybody. Looks like Hyundai is trying to give good treatment to those people who were already shocked with Jazz price. See the bright side of it, Jazz didn't have many of the features that i20 has, jazz petrol is also above 8.5L OTR Bangalore even without many of those equipments. i20 has the diesel heart.

Last edited by opendro : 7th July 2009 at 19:11.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks