Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2009, 13:41   #511
BHPian

Looks like Hyundai has been watching t-bhp carefully, and have realised the over-priced perception in our community. Since they can't cut back themselves, they are taking the dealer route.
Old 9th July 2009, 14:23   #512

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I read the T&C apply. I also thin they have a stripped down version without ABS.

The site says i20 1.4 Magna Diesel with ABS 633572

There is no mention of any without ABS so this could be it. Or may be the dealer is actually offering that discount to attract sales. You never know. I called them and they"

"Sir, we dont discuss pricing and offers on phone. Why dont you come down to the showroom and we could discuss everything in detail"

Must say, politeness has come in amongst showroom sales people of Hyundai in last few months. Last year when i visited for a TD of Verna, the response i got put me off and i ended by buying Cedia. Which ofcourse i dont regret at all.

I think these alloys are standard fitting for top end versions. If you see on i20 website, under the exterior section, there is a picture of these with this note below: " Top models are equipped with 185/65 R14, 5-spoke
light alloy wheels."
Guyz...
I went to the dealer Concept Hyundai already(right now on a trip in Ahdbd) after seeing the ad... he says that it is a typo error in his ad and the real price is Rs. 6.33 lakhs....

Also, he made it clear that this is his own ad and not Hyundai release...
Old 9th July 2009, 14:30   #513
BHPian

Sorry this is a repeat post of the last post - mods can delete if they wish.

Why is there no extnd warranty on i20 diesel?

I checked with 2-3 dealers and they said that its not being offered right now. They said it should come soon.

But even Getz CRDi did not have option of extended warranty.

Is this something specific to Hyundai CRDi cars? Any idea about the reliability and longevity of the Hyundai CRDi engine?

Btw am completely confused about this car as well - and this forum hasnt helped even one bit with all the conflicting and strong opinions! (just kidding)

~Pranav

Last edited by prnvaa : 9th July 2009 at 14:46.
Old 9th July 2009, 14:39   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuts4wheels View Post
Guyz...
I went to the dealer Concept Hyundai already(right now on a trip in Ahdbd) after seeing the ad... he says that it is a typo error in his ad and the real price is Rs. 6.33 lakhs....

Went to the site and found that there are three dealers in Ahdbd..
I called up Planet Hyundai... they have confirmed that the price is Rs. 6.33 lakhs... must be a publication or advertisement agency goof up..
Old 9th July 2009, 14:42   #515
BHPian

It cannt be printing goofup for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelerator View Post
Went to the site and found that there are three dealers in Ahdbd..
I called up Planet Hyundai... they have confirmed that the price is Rs. 6.33 lakhs... must be a publication or advertisement agency goof up..
I had called them couple of hours ago seeing the ad and they had told me the on road price of Asta CRDi as 7.1 !!! There was no goofing up.

Dealer did want to offer but Hyundai must have restrained it now
Old 9th July 2009, 15:36   #516
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi View Post

It's about i20
It's about the pricing of i20
It's about whether the market will accept the price
which is possible only by comparing similar priced products.
Because, 'budget' is still the biggest criteria while buying a car.
Other similar priced cars happen to be sedans (except Jazz).

More people fix a budget first and then see what max they can get for their money. First thing they see is if they can buy a sedan in that budget. If they can't then they'll go for a hatch. Unless it is a second car, and they are really looking at a smaller car for city driving, when their bigger first car has already defined their 'status' among their friends/relatives/neighbours/colleagues.

The i20 CRDi is definitely a good product and it is VFM but only for a niche market.
Bingo!! Precisely what I was trying to communicate. Thats why Hatch vs Sedan discussions are very relevent here. The above is a typical buying thought process of a typical Indian buyer, strictly my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
ANYWAY, aren't we going waaay off topic?? why do 'some people' have to always come into most 'other' car discussions and turn the direction of discussion totally? This happens in most threads nowadays. Very annoying. This is NOT a hatch Vs saloon thread, NOR is it about developed and developing nations, its about the i20! Keep the discussion focussed guys.
Dude - Hatch vs Sedan is not OT for this thread IMO as it depicts typical buying decision process of a buyer. In any case it started with comments here about Sedans in a thread of Hatch. We can't separate it, right? Anyway, even Mods do not feel it else would have been deleted. Also, posts of those 'some people' as you mentioned are not often getting deleted like some others. I rest my case here.
Old 9th July 2009, 15:36   #517
BHPian

This defn cannot be a print mistake.

I think this must have been the initial pricing which might have reached the dealer and Hyundai must have increased the prices at the last minute. Dealers must have forgotten to notify the ad agency or the publication.
Old 9th July 2009, 16:57   #518
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
This defn cannot be a print mistake.

I think this must have been the initial pricing which might have reached the dealer and Hyundai must have increased the prices at the last minute. Dealers must have forgotten to notify the ad agency or the publication.
This, by far, seems to be the most likely reason
Old 9th July 2009, 18:32   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuts4wheels View Post
Guyz...

... or a bait and switch.

They say 'do not attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity'. But I'm skeptical.
Old 9th July 2009, 19:02   #520
Senior - BHPian

Just back from a very short TD.

Most probably will be booking the Asta within the week.

For anyone who is interested, in Kolkata, one can get the White or Silver Asta i20 CRDi within next week.
Old 9th July 2009, 20:22   #521
BHPian

Zigwheels: Hyundai i20 Diesel: First Drive!
Hyundai i20 Diesel: First Drive!- Reviews- Zigwheels
Old 9th July 2009, 20:54   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icar View Post
Hyundai i20 Diesel: First Drive!- Reviews- Zigwheels
A prologue to the actual review? Looks like I20 will be praised inside out. Let's see if Zigwheels comes up with an unbiased, exhaustive and a professional review at least this time.
Old 9th July 2009, 21:02   #523
Senior - BHPian

Wrong info of even 1.2 motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by icar View Post
Know why i never trust Zigwheels, this is what they write at first page.
The 1.2 Kappa petrol mill dished out 86 PS of power - pretty impressive - but under the 1066kg body weight

Lo, they increased 6 bhp on the 1.2 kappa engine. When will they become serious, companies should stop inviting them for reviews. They are giving wrong info on even 1.2 motor, even i find their reviews incomplete.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 9th July 2009 at 21:09.
Old 10th July 2009, 00:55   #524
BHPian

I am searching for i20 India version e-brochure, please help.
Thanks
Old 10th July 2009, 01:03   #525
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai does not seem too intent to sell the i20 CRDi. They've been very silent about its launch - like during the Getz CRDi launch. Not a single adverstisement.

Either that, or they've lost interest in the Indian market.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks