Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2009, 01:32   #556
aZa
Senior - BHPian

I testdrove the i20 crdi today, the ASTA model is costing me 745 OTR while the Magna model is 670!

Asta model is pretty much loaded but magna felt very stripped out after the TD in a ASTA. But ABS/ EBD is present in magna too which is good.

The 1.4 L crdi felt nice to drive there was a whoosh after 2K rpm and we were off to a good start. Its not brutal as verna but good and entertaining. THe interiors in the ASTA model felt nice and plush but @ 745 it better be. I'm looking for a Getz cRDI if i cant find one then i'll probably look at i20.
Old 12th July 2009, 02:46   #557
BHPian

when are they gonna launch the petrol 1.4 gamma petrol manual

it should be atleast 50-70k cheaper.

also minus the sunroof ?? 12-15k

and the auto trans. ?? 40k

what would be the price guys?? any guess1!

ad back 50k premium for big engine. damn it i am confused

someone enlighten me.
Old 12th July 2009, 03:06   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
I can't wrap my head over the fact that Hyundai decided to launch the 1.4 petrol only in automatic guise. Why not a manual?

If they had then, they could have easily priced it 40-50K lower. Missed opportunity there I feel.

I was all set to buy the 1.4 asta petrol but then the pricing has put it way beyond my budget.

sigh!!
i think they are currently manufacturing for only export models on their assembly lines. and i think they are importing the engines from Korea. the idea behind must be " lets put the petrol auto model out lets see if we can find some suckers" hey if it flops then export the limited stock to UK whatever".

they know the demand would be more for the diesel i20 CRDI and they wanna cash in on it. the waves of buyers will come as they knew many would have postphoned or would have waited for more powerful verison

once the export shipments are done they will shift productions of engines to india and then launch the manual version. in like 4-6 months. this is just a guess and my opinion.

btw with no apperent reason asta just reminded me of "pasta"
Old 12th July 2009, 08:29   #559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
when are they gonna launch the petrol 1.4 gamma petrol manual

it should be atleast 50-70k cheaper.

also minus the sunroof ?? 12-15k

and the auto trans. ?? 40k

what would be the price guys?? any guess1!

ad back 50k premium for big engine. damn it i am confused

someone enlighten me.
1.4 Petrol comes in two versions. Asta and Asta(O). The second one has the sunroof, map light and curtain airbags. Asta has similar trim levels as the 1.2 Asta. It costs 8.6 lacs OTR in Bangalore. And Asta(O) costs 9.2 lacs. An equivalent manual transmission Asta should be cheaper by 50-60k. In any case, both are overpriced by about 50k compared to the price difference in equivalent models sold in UK.
Old 12th July 2009, 11:20   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
the idea behind must be " lets put the petrol auto model out lets see if we can find some suckers"...
Of course, these might also be a handful of sensible people, but never mind.
Old 12th July 2009, 12:29   #561
Senior - BHPian

Saw the review on tv yesterday.

90ps and 219nm is pretty impressive, which im sure can be boosted by another 20% with a plug n play ecu.

Shan2nu
Old 12th July 2009, 18:54   #562
BHPian

I test drove the i20 CRDi today and was quite impressed with the responsiveness of the engine. Turbo lag is virtually non existent. Acceleration felt smooth and powerful but not like the gut wrenching feel one got with the Getz CRDi.
At 8.53L on road in Bangalore, it feels about 50-60K overpriced.
The sales person at Advaith did confirm that the 1.4 petrol manual version will be coming by the next quarter.
Old 12th July 2009, 19:40   #563
ashwinpak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
The 1.4 L crdi felt nice to drive there was a whoosh after 2K rpm and we were off to a good start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
I test drove the i20 CRDi today and was quite impressed with the responsiveness of the engine. Turbo lag is virtually non existent.
Conflicting claims.

BTW, I feel that some people have started to love that much hated thing called turbo lag. Linear power delivery is what I would like to see.

Last edited by ashwinpak : 12th July 2009 at 19:41.

Old 12th July 2009, 22:58   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinpak View Post
BTW, I feel that some people have started to love that much hated thing called turbo lag. Linear power delivery is what I would like to see.
Linear power delivery helps in flexibility but I'd sacrifice it for the added power of a turbo. I don't think anyone likes turbo lag . They all like the extra power and it is quite worth the lag if you're an enthusiast
Old 12th July 2009, 23:00   #565
BHPian

has there been a rehash of the features in the i20 models? I was looking at the features page of the i20 website and noticed quite a few which wern't listed previously. like 'Day & Night Inside Rear View Mirror,Impact sensing auto door unlock, Chrome finish Inside Door Handles, Centre Console Multi-purpose storage box, etc etc
Old 12th July 2009, 23:20   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedguy View Post
has there been a rehash of the features in the i20 models? I was looking at the features page of the i20 website and noticed quite a few which wern't listed previously. like 'Day & Night Inside Rear View Mirror,Impact sensing auto door unlock, Chrome finish Inside Door Handles, Centre Console Multi-purpose storage box, etc etc
I guess they only added a few points which were already present but not in the list.

The Asta(O) in the two newly introduced versions does add a sun-roof (and possibly the vanity mirror and a front map light). Also, I was told at Trident Hyundai that in future, even the 1.2 Petrol Asta(O) would get the sun-roof (they did not have an updated price for this model).
Old 13th July 2009, 13:51   #567
Senior - BHPian

could not td crdi i20 but saw a asta model displayed at the showroom and the sales guy said this model would be around 7.2L on road price.This is almost 30k expensive to top end of GP.
Old 13th July 2009, 14:12   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
could not td crdi i20 but saw a asta model displayed at the showroom and the sales guy said this model would be around 7.2L on road price.This is almost 30k expensive to top end of GP.
How is it possible!! its exshowroom price as per hyundai is 6.84 and tax + insurance is all 36K?? SOmething is missing big time again.

When did you enquire the prices? This would be a great buy if they are selling at that price onroad!!
Old 13th July 2009, 14:23   #569
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone got a TD of either the CRDi or the 1.4 A/T in Mumbai? I called HMP and was told it'll only be available after 2-3 days since the car has gone for registration it seems. Meanwhile I'm going to get a TD of the 1.2 Asta so that I can compare and arrive at a decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinpak View Post
BTW, I feel that some people have started to love that much hated thing called turbo lag.
Normally, I don't like it either, but in a Getz / Verna CRDi, it's very, very lovable. Almost like the mandatory wait which makes the power rush itself sweeter. Lol.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 13th July 2009 at 14:26.
Old 13th July 2009, 14:58   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash View Post
How is it possible!! its exshowroom price as per hyundai is 6.84 and tax + insurance is all 36K?? SOmething is missing big time again.

When did you enquire the prices? This would be a great buy if they are selling at that price onroad!!
That's unlikely . I20 D Asta costs 7.74 L OTR in Pune. That's 90+ more than GP and I am not sure now if it's worth it. Upto 7.25 - it would have been difficult, but I could have considered, but it's impossible at 7.74 L OTR. One can pay a bit more and get Linea/ Fiest D/Dezire etc. in that range.

If only Maruti brings Swift ZDI with new interiors under 6.5 L, it would sell like anything!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks