Team-BHP - FIAT India has new Leader!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   FIAT India has new Leader! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/5803-fiat-india-has-new-leader.html)

But its suprising that, Italians are not finding a competent Indian to that post! for a market which is purely Indian

Again a mistake :confused:

http://www.business-standard.com/com...t=0&leftindx=1

Castagna is taking over the assignment at a time when Fiat is readying to make India its operational hub in Asia

This is really a welcome step for Fiat India, At least Fiat is thinking about India. Anyway lets wait and watch whether the fortunes for fiat car owners turns around and they get a good service for there purshase.

cheers

Well as the article says "Castagna’s last assignment has been as managing director, marketing and manufacturing, in one of the group companies in Austria and Germany." may be, he will bring much required marketing skills for FIAT.
Did not understand the "operational hub in Asia" portion. BS has put it without much thought I believe.

~m

This is the 3 rd time there is a shuffle in the management in the last few years.
I doubt anything new will happen unless Fiat Italy pumps lots of money in to Indian firm for improving marketing departments, Sales and Service.

Economic times also mentioned that the enthusiam that was created in Fiat India few months ago when Fiat Italy has written off Rs.1200 crore losses in Indian operations has slowly died off. Though the company has been paying salaries to it's 3000 employs so far, the future is very uncertain.

And the Palio has lost it's edge with the entrant of new players Getz and Swift from Hyundai and Maruti stables. 90% of the customers thinking of buying a Palio may not buy one now. Only edge Palio has right now is the Palio D. I think this is the right time Fiat should launch a car in an untouched segment in the near future. The best thing would be to launch a car in Ford Fusion category with a good Diesel engine. Also they should launch the face lifted Palio along with the new interiors.

Hope the new management gets this message...

Fusion category is hardly high-selling or very popular at the present......I think they just need another nice small car which is totally fresh and not another "old wine, old bottle new name" thing ( as Autocar said of ther Petra).

Quote:

Originally Posted by islero
I think they just need another nice small car which is totally fresh and not another "old wine, old bottle new name" thing ( as Autocar said of ther Petra).

In other words, the PANDA... with the 1.3 JTD engine (they can import the engine until Maruti gets their plant running).

The Panda is a very nice car. Kind of odd styling when you first look at it, but then it grows on you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjacob
In other words, the PANDA... with the 1.3 JTD engine (they can import the engine until Maruti gets their plant running).

The Panda is a very nice car. Kind of odd styling when you first look at it, but then it grows on you.

Yes. Panda is the answer. But hopefully Fiat will improve its ASS which is more important now. I am always of the opinion that Fiat should not wait for Maruti to start manufacturing the 1.3 JTD engines in India. How'bout a Panda 4x4?

i would suggest IDEA cos it is more stylish than an odd looking panda..which doesnt have enough space..as it looks from the pictures and its back side is flat...

I think IDEA should be released wid a price bracket of around 4.5 lacks with a diesel engine..cos hyundai and maruthi dont seem to be offering diesel's in that segment(getz and swift) until early 2007..this would help them capture some market!!

rookie

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjacob

The Panda will be a little too pricey if it does come, Im guessing around the 5.5 lakh range, and the Jtdi will especially be costly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by islero
The Panda will be a little too pricey if it does come, Im guessing around the 5.5 lakh range, and the Jtdi will especially be costly.

If it is the 4x4 then I think it is worth it. :) Lets see ...

4x4 would be too tall an order from fiat going by the way things are at Fiat India right now. They need someone of the calibre of BVR Subbu to make a mark here. They need a passionate Indian at the helm of Indian operations.

This month's ACI has a cover article on Fiat India. They have also confirmed that Fiat Chief Sergio Marchionne is talking to Tatas but the extent of collaboration is not known. ACI suggested that Fiat launch their idea with the Tata badge. I think it is not a bad idea :-)

Well I would love the Tata collaboration, because I feel Fiat was short changed by its association with the PAL group. Personally I would not like BVR Subbu at the helm. We have one manufacturer making ridiculous claims and doing some silly marketing. Don't need another over the top marketeer. Fiat's dodging missiles and having stupid acronyms like erlX etc. Ewwww. (No offence LOL)

Well, they can give the others a run for their money in certain segments. Time will tell ...

As Hasopi already mentioned, they are fools to not consider an Indian leader. There are quite a few BVR Subbus in the Indian management circle.

GTO

Just keep changing leaders that the newest laucnh from fiat unlike other car manufacturers who are launching cars.. ***.. Fiat cars are dying nowadays.. Sorry fiat owners but thats how it is.. after my small research on them..

Montoya, you are right. The newest launch from Fiat is that of a leader. LOL Fiat-India is definitely dying. But it is not dead yet.