Team-BHP - Suzuki Swift & Mini - The Similarity ends here!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Suzuki Swift & Mini - The Similarity ends here! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/5808-suzuki-swift-mini-similarity-ends-here.html)

Just thought they look too similar. How about you....?

Some Photographs of Mini and Swift lol:

yeah they are so similar..they cud have very well named it as Mini Swift lol:

Yeah look pretty similar but the mini seems to be more wider and has roundish headlamps

They are and will be similar with maruti keeping the same swift for next decades to come :D

checked out the swift yesterday and for sure its mini look alike. i loved the mini and its great to see the swift in india. its soo massive for a hatch

I cant wait for people to start lowering the Swift and putting some nice alloys onto it, it will look REALLY good then!!!! :D

Isnt the swift design inspired by the M Cooper ? the cooper was a great handler ...
they are not as tall as the swift and have bigger wheels ...

but ya ,at first thing that came to my mind when i saw the swift was Mini Cooper ,,

So some one is competing with Hyundai? LOL That being said, the Swift is like a breath of fresh air in India.

Looks like Maruti wants to regain mkt. share which they have lost in last 2-3 years. Biggest loser will be Hyundai. Expect a round of price cuts for Santro/ getz. Hyundai has been saying that they dont care. But next month when it shows in their sales numbers, they will run into panic mode. Later, when Maruti's diesel plant will be ready, Telco too will feel the heat.

Hyundai has their own share of loyal buyers. Its Telco who will suffer the most when the Jtdi comes along next year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by islero
Hyundai has their own share of loyal buyers. Its Telco who will suffer the most when the Jtdi comes along next year.

I dont think cars with Jtdi will be positioned & priced against Indica or Indigo. There are no free lunches - the technology does not come cheap, else Hyundai could have positioned its Accent CRDi directly against Indigo and it would have been selling better.

Cheap to buy and maintain will have its own appeal, where Tata is going to score and not MUL/FIAT with Jtdi engines, unless MUL wants to really undercut the competition or technology cost reduces drastically and maybe (thats an optimistic maybe) Tata will also have upgraded its engine technology, and among all manufacturers I trust Tata to price its products reasonably.

~maniac

I really don't see much similarities except from above the door. The windshield and side glass styling is similar. Otherwise, could anyone list what is similar?!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon
I really don't see much similarities except from above the door. The windshield and side glass styling is similar. Otherwise, could anyone list what is similar?!?

well i can say only 3...

1.from the back...both of them look almost same...except that...swift is little more muscular or should i say bulky

2.the side look is same

3.and as u said the roof structure of both the cars are same

Rookie

And if you notice from the side, the glasshouse design in very similar.

I still don't see any similarities except the roof structure.