Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2005, 09:02   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvmaster
Lupo was called the 3L car since it was designed to travel 100km over 3L.
Apologies for going , but why do Europeans measure fuel efficiency in litres per 100 km, when the rest of the world measure it in km per litre?
Old 1st June 2005, 10:25   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Thats fantastic news Suprise!! Who is the source of your information? Skoda, Audi and now VW - Its clear this car maker is getting serious about its Indian intentions. GTO
I thought the Skoda was a VW rebadged.

My RS has lots of parts that are stamped with the famous OOOO Audi Insignia. I mean plumbing, the frame of the front seats, etc...and i hear the Octavia is essentially a Jetta so in that sense VW is already here.

By the same token Buick=Pontiac=Oldsmobile=Cheverolet. Same platform different setups. different target customer.

Last edited by navin : 1st June 2005 at 10:28.
Old 1st June 2005, 12:14   #33
BANNED

The segment is going to get flooded now with the Swift, Getz now Aveo soon Volswagen and also sooner or later the Jazz as well from Honda..
Old 1st June 2005, 12:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
The segment is going to get flooded now with the Swift, Getz now Aveo soon Volswagen and also sooner or later the Jazz as well from Honda..
May the best manufacturer win!

PS: I think the Aveo will come in as a Sedan (positioned against the NHC) and not a hatch.
Old 1st June 2005, 12:36   #35
BANNED

Quote:
I think the Aveo will come in as a Sedan (positioned against the NHC) and not a hatch
its coming in both versions hatch as well as sedan.. Hatch to taken on the Swift et all and the sedan to beat the hell out of the NHC..
Old 1st June 2005, 13:35   #36
Senior - BHPian

I want Fabia more
Old 1st June 2005, 14:12   #37
Senior - BHPian

the aveo comes with a 100+ bhp 1.6L engine in the states ...will they launch the same in india ?i'd definately go for the hatch then !!!!!!
Old 1st June 2005, 14:23   #38
Senior - BHPian

VW has some brilliant cars. Be it the Pheaton, Passat, Golf or the Lupo. Love em all!!!

No matter what car they get here, it'll be worth every penny. I've got my eyes set on any model that might come with DSG and a paddle shift. Hope they get atleast one model in that trim.

DSG - Direct Shift Gearbox

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 1st June 2005 at 14:24.
Old 1st June 2005, 15:16   #39
BHPian

Party time in India

The party has just begun. With Chinese market slowing down, more players are expected to focus on India given the expanding market from a smaller base. So let good times roll.

Customers are king and wont settle for older models. That is clearly visible with the response to SWIFT.
Old 1st June 2005, 17:52   #40
BHPian

If the Golf comes its going to be in myt garage.....TOP-GEAR car of the year..
Old 1st June 2005, 22:13   #41
BHPian

Vw

VW models are all real good value for money. Wish they launch models soon. Personally i too am expecting the skoda fabia to arrive soon in india.

Between 7L1-10L more cars have to come. The B and D segments are seeing lot of new players whereas C is yet to become so. Particularly honda and toyota are not making any move in that segment. Wish they have some serious cars for that segment.

But as long as the road infrastructure, traffic and general driving sense doesnt improve we cant enjoy much having these cars in india.
Old 1st June 2005, 22:24   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Superb is nothing but a stretched Passat. Fabia and Polo share the same platform.....VW's brand positioning is higher than Skoda and therefore Polo should be more expensive than Fabia. The new Fox is based on the now discontinued VW Lupo. Lupo 1.4T tdi held the record for the highest FE ever achieved.....33 kpl !
yeah thats true....it holds the record for going around the circumference of the earth with a minimal cost of around 18500 /- rupees!!!wish i had a lupo..i can use that instead of my bike...with no change in fuel expenses
Old 2nd June 2005, 00:59   #43
BHPian

As for me , i would love to see the passat sold here in india . IMO its going to be the best car in its segment(forget the accords, camrys ,superbs) and above all i just love volkswagon . Hope they come sooner than later .........
Old 2nd June 2005, 08:40   #44
Senior - BHPian

They can, but I doubt if they will have the required brand image to sell a 16-lakh car.....but they could do a Skoda for all we know, and position themselves as a premium brand as Skoda have done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks