Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2009, 10:25   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
Exactly. GM has been selling us dubba gaadis all along. I'm glad they are bankrupt. Starting from the Tavera through the Optra via the Captiva and the Forrester. And they have the same issue abroad too.
Maybe that's why they are bankrupt? They don't have cars people want to buy!
wonder what makes you say that the spark,optra magnum and captiva are good vehicles
in fact if they had offered the 2.0 diesel engine from the optra in the srv i would have brought it. i think its the best looking hatchback available in india
Old 9th May 2009, 10:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

oh that bad to hear this, this is or rather was one of the sportiest looking hatch we had in India, in fact before buying a swift i was planning to buy this but had heard many bad thing about it so dropped the idea.
Old 9th May 2009, 10:36   #18
BHPian

if performance was anything as good as the way it looked, then yes a lot more of the growing enthusiast crowd would have lapped it up - but since it was a dud in the performance department, the only thing we can mourn about is the fact that there never has been such an awesome looking hot hatch sold in india!
Old 9th May 2009, 10:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

It looked super cool in Purple color. The price was not that cool. Why shut shop on this one today ? Offer it at a proper price and there will be takers.
Old 9th May 2009, 10:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
in fact if they had offered the 2.0 diesel engine from the optra in the srv i would have brought it. i think its the best looking hatchback available in india
.Too bad that their PR and other departmental heads are not in sync with the Indian customer.
It is indeed a great car.Lookwise 10/10.
Old 9th May 2009, 10:59   #21
BHPian

even i really like her looks. styling was awesome for me. wonder why manufacturers dont market products properly after spending millions in developing them?
Old 9th May 2009, 11:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

So sad to know that it is being phased out. It is the best looking hatch even today.
If only GM had reduced its price, it would have given the Fabia and the i20 a run for its money.
Old 9th May 2009, 11:06   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

I dont think we'll be seeing Rs 10 lakh hatches anytime soon in India.
Old 9th May 2009, 11:16   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I dont think we'll be seeing Rs 10 lakh hatches anytime soon in India.
If rumours on the Jazz pricing are to be believed you are looking at ~ Rs. 10 lacs OTR Bangalore for the top end Jazz!
Old 9th May 2009, 11:20   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Too expensive for its segment. A couple of lakhs lesser, it would have done well i feel.
Could have been a winner if it had loads of power and torque to match even at that price. The car had killer looks though. In fact it doesnt even make any sense buying something which sells in less number since you never know when they stop production. And once production stops after sales goes haywire. You'll have to wait month years for small even spares.
Old 9th May 2009, 14:30   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
Exactly. GM has been selling us dubba gaadis all along. I'm glad they are bankrupt. Starting from the Tavera through the Optra via the Captiva and the Forrester. And they have the same issue abroad too.
Maybe that's why they are bankrupt? They don't have cars people want to buy!
I dont think anything is so bad about these cars,optra is a nice car though outdated now but once upon a time not too far back it gave a good competition to corolla and octavia,captiva delivers what is promises it may not handle like a crv but can take bad roads better and tavera is the preffered choice of bpo cabbies after the demise of qualis.

Back to the topic SRV was more show than the go,underpowered engine and bad gearbox gave it a bad reputation with enthusiasts.
Ck
Old 9th May 2009, 14:45   #27
BHPian

i'v hardly seen it on the roads of cal maybe 2-3 times max, it looked kinda different but havent known anyone owning it
Old 9th May 2009, 14:50   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
If rumours on the Jazz pricing are to be believed you are looking at ~ Rs. 10 lacs OTR Bangalore for the top end Jazz!
The Jazz is coming with a single fully loaded variant - expect pricing between 6.4-7 L ex-showroom
Old 9th May 2009, 14:59   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sheesh, good riddance I say. Who even bothered when the SRV was still available? A 9 lakh rupee hatch that doesn't excel in any one area. Heck, a Swift petrol would leave it for dead on the straights. Or the curves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
And the only sub 10 Lak car with a supercharger option!!!
I'd rephrase that : The only poorly positioned 10 lakh hatch with a super-charger, that can be beaten by cars half the price.
Old 9th May 2009, 15:07   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sheesh, good riddance I say. Who even bothered when the SRV was still available? A 9 lakh rupee hatch that doesn't excel in any one area. Heck, a Swift petrol would leave it for dead on the straights. Or the curves!

I'd rephrase that : The only poorly positioned 10 lakh hatch with a super-charger, that can be beaten by cars half the price.
Rusabh, the stock car never had a Super Charger. There was Supercharger kit(i think Rotrex or Rotax or something) available for the car (factory fitted)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks