Team-BHP - Scoop-this is my (way of life)! : MARUTI's Euro4 engine lineup
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop-this is my (way of life)! : MARUTI's Euro4 engine lineup (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/58327-scoop-my-way-life-marutis-euro4-engine-lineup.html)

full guide to upgrades and new launches from Maruti:

new slogan: Maruti Suzuki-way of life!

Maruti omni to get a new 3 cylinder 4 valves per cylinder Euro 4 engine exclusively for our market based on KB series but with SOHC and an all new interior with cosmetic changes, expected first quarter 2010. F8B engine will be eventually phased out.

Maruti 800-officially phased out from Euro 4 cities in 2010 april, only will be continued to be sold in Euro 3 cities.

Maruti Zen Estilo- to get Ritz's KB series 1.2 engine with 73 bhp from march 2010 with a minor cosmetic change on the cards. F10D engine phased out.

Maruti Wagon R-same engine as the Ritz with 73 bhp instead of 85 to keep costs down. Expected February 2010. F10D engine phased out.

Alto-will get the A-star's 1.0L 3 cylinder KB series engine, price rise will be pretty high, so it will also continued to be sold with the existing 800cc F8d engine in non euro-4 markets. euro-4 version expectd in april 2010.

A-star- no changes since the car is already euro-4 ready.

Ritz- no changes since new launch and the car is officially euro-4 certified.

Swift/ Swift dzire petrol to get 1.3 litre M series engine with DOHC (scaled down version of SX4 engine). If costs are not in control, the same engine as the ritz will power these cars.

Swift/ Swift dzire diesel- no changes except some engine ECU caliberation to meet euro-4 norms.

SX4-petrol M series to get VVT tech (variable valve timing) (code: M16A VVT) in march 2010.

SX4 DDIS expected in june 2010 with 1.6 DDIS engine with 110 bhp.

versa-new version on the cards with a KB series engine in second half of 2010.

Grand vitara- 2.4 litre petrol engine with VVT coming in july 2009.

all new second generation swift-expected in first half of 2011 with an all new 1.5 KB series engine/ all new DDIS engine with VGT (capacity unknown, wider tracks, longer wheelbase, better seat comfort (since again maruti's engineers are also involved in the project)

production kizashi sedan-depends upon suzuki's plans to bring it in the market.

if it is launched, then it is expected in India in mid 2010 with a 2.0 L 4 cylinder VVT engine petrol with a price tag of 11-13 lakh.

(information provided is subject to change if company changes its plans/ policies, the above info is from a very close and reliable source, about 95 % correct)

let me be the first to give you a standing ovation. that is some scoop. everyone at home is quite excited after listening to this :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1296025)
full guide to upgrades and new launches from Maruti:

Swift/ Swift dzire diesel- no changes except some engine ECU caliberation to meet euro-4 norms.

SX4 DDIS expected in june 2010 with 1.6 DDIS engine with 110 bhp.

I strongly feel that a ECU caliberation will not make it meet Euro-4 but a particulate filter will surely make it Euro-4.

I have read somewhere that SX4 DDiS is going to have a GM engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shineshine (Post 1296058)
I strongly feel that a ECU caliberation will not make it meet Euro-4 but a particulate filter will surely make it Euro-4.

I have read somewhere that SX4 DDiS is going to have a GM engine.

And i thought it was already Euro 4 ready.

sweeet scoop. But, sad to hear maruti still spending uselessly on the estilo. And anything that's sold with the name versa and is remotely related to that weird thing it was, IMO, can't do well. But, then again india is
mera sapna, meri maruti land so they'll just about sell anything.

Anycase, kudos to you for the scoop man.

cheers
bharti22shresth

first of all let me say this i am a big fan of your scoops. you are a true contributor to this community. for this i salute you sir.

SX4 diesel with 110 bhp coming soon awesome clap:

sid can you scoop out specs & cool stuff about ritz plz. launch date is very close. waiting for info about that. :D

What about GYPSY? any change of engine in future plan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1296025)

Maruti 800-officially phased out from Euro 4 cities in 2010 april, only will be continued to be sold in Euro 3 cities.

Alto-will get the A-star's 1.0L 3 cylinder KB series engine, price rise will be pretty high, so it will also continued to be sold with the existing 800cc F8d engine in non euro-4 markets. euro-4 version expectd in april 2010.

so effectively Maruti will not have a entry level car ( at todays price levels ) in EURO 4 cities ? which are these cities anyways and it would be interesting to see who fills this gap between the Nano and the KB series engined ALTO

Thats a great post!!! Superb!!!

But would Maruti will be able to make so many release in the same quater (2010) ?

Omni, Zen, Wagon-R, Alto, SX4 and Kizashi Sedan.

awesome scoop.
The SX4 DDiS will be the car to watch out for.

Sid, you da man! What a scoop.

nice scoop - hope the new M 1.5 swift is launched sooner than 2011 - we definitely need a sporty hot hatch :)

Wow, the SX4 with the new petrol and diesel engine would be a great buy.

With the evident popularity of the DDiS engine, it would probably become the de facto choice in the diesel C segment, replacing the current Fiesta TDCI and Verna Crdi, which are doing quite well.

Not too sure about the alto with a 1.0 engine. That would be way too expensive.
Maruti should probably bring in one of the 660cc engines in NA form here. That would enable it to boast of a cracker of a price.

Great scoop!

but you know! you just said that the 3 Maruti's I have will have phased out engines by next year!!. got two F10Ds and a F8D :(

Hats off Sidindica, great job and thank u.
Now next month all the auto mags will copy the same thing except add a gazillion words of their own nonsense and fill up the pages.