Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2009, 11:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

Indica Vista QuadraJet now available @ Rs. 4.25 lakh ex-delhi (terra trim)

Tata has quietly launched a stripped down varient of Indica Vista QJD in Terra trim level priced at Rs 4,25,000 ex-showroom Delhi.

It has only A/C, heater, power steering, body colour bumpers and full wheel covers as standard and aimed at swift LDI.

Features deleted include left side OSRVM, front power windows, central locking and rear defogger, which are there in AQUA varients.

The car is also available in a new colour-mint white.
Old 11th May 2009, 11:26   #2
BHPian

Well With new colour-mint white, it seems it is done to cater Taxi market rather than, compete with LDI, as LDI itself sells in very less no's as compared to vdi.

Never the less, It will provide more choice to comsumer and this way one can also enjoy the merits of Ace diesel engine at affordable price.
Old 11th May 2009, 12:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

Well,

Off lat I have started noticing a lot more Indica Vistas on the the roads. I drive to Okhla from Noida, and every day I notice at least 3-4 Vistas . It seems that the Plant is producing them in larger numbers now. The waiting period has also come down.

Can any one tell th number of Indica Vista' being sold on a monthly basis. The Indica figures ( V2 + Vista) sure have registered a growth in the last few months.
Old 11th May 2009, 12:12   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Features deleted include left side OSRVM, front power windows, central locking and rear defogger, which are there in AQUA varients.
These are acceptable for the price but I really hated to see the lack of tachometer in the Terra QJD.
Old 11th May 2009, 15:46   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It has only A/C, heater, power steering, body colour bumpers and full wheel covers as standard and aimed at swift LDI.
All the utility one needs! I read about this somewhere else on the forum as well. One of the best diesel hatchbacks just got cheaper!
Old 11th May 2009, 15:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

and possibly the RITZ diesel model also ( if it is indeed going to positioned below the Swift )
Old 11th May 2009, 19:28   #7
Senior - BHPian

So TML has finally swollowed its pride and begging the taxi wallahas to rescue it. Ladies and gentleman from now on you will officially see Indica Vista burning the sales charts.

And TML will have to wait for another few years to get rid of the taxi image. That is if at all it can. Next time they should just tell Pinninfirina to design the hottest hatch they can and then ask Fiat to develop the car and like Magna Steyr TML should just concentrate on assembling the cars
Old 11th May 2009, 21:07   #8
BHPian

It's got everything one needs + Diesel and in white...they need to advertise it to be honest
Old 11th May 2009, 22:01   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
So TML has finally swollowed its pride and begging the taxi wallahas to rescue it.
IMHO the Tdi makes better sense for the taxi wallahs. The Terra QJD is probably the most VFM diesel hatch you can buy today. As others have pointed out its the Swift/ Ritz LDi that TML is probably aiming at.
Old 11th May 2009, 22:05   #10
BANNED

No doubt this move will aid in popularity of Vista.
Even if adopted by taxi segment, a particular color would find favour.
Old 11th May 2009, 22:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

the quadrajet makes more sense IMHO. it gives more mileage, and regular sevices are cheaper (3.2L oil change vs 5.5 for the TDi). and of course , more power
Old 12th May 2009, 10:06   #12
BHPian

Taxi or no taxi! it doesnt matter, IMO if the car is good it will sell, and Indica vista has all the elements to be a successful car.
OT: Santro has been launched as a taxi, The logan is doing duty as the call-in cabs, Skoda Octavia, Toyota corolla are fav. Private taxis in the UK. Still they do good business in the personal car market, cause they are good cars!.
Old 12th May 2009, 10:12   #13
Senior - BHPian

As will be clear from April 2009 sales figs., Tata is having problems in moving the metal. As a result, it has cut down production. Result: good for buyers.
Old 12th May 2009, 17:08   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
Never the less, It will provide more choice to comsumer and this way one can also enjoy the merits of Ace diesel engine at affordable price.
We should be a bit careful in using "Ace diesel engine" especially while mentioning TATA.

(I know its a pj, but couldn't resist it)
Old 12th May 2009, 19:51   #15
BHPian

I don't know why seeing the car as Taxi is such an issue. If exclusivity is what one aspires, there are cars for that which I don't have to mention. But if one wants exclusivity for 5 lakhs, IMO one has to go for crazy mod jobs - Haha

In New york, some of the cars that I see as yellow cabs are - Ford CV of course, Nissan Altima, Toyota Camry, Toyota Siena, Toyota Prius, Ford Fusion, Chevy Malibu, Ford Escape (Hybrid), etc. As for me, I will buy a car if I like it irrespective of whether the car is being used as Taxi

Most Viewed