Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2005, 16:33   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

heavy discounts on santro after launch of swift

the day suzuki swift was launched in india most hyundai dealers in delhi started offering discounts ranging from 30k-40k,even they are offering discounts of 20k-30k on the new engined santro,the getz already had a discount of around 40k before swift was launched with this great value for money pricing ,swift is sure to take a big share of b-segement cars especially top models and will definitely eat up b+ segement sales giving really bad times for getz and already declining palio.but with discounts of this size santro is sure to grab some of the alto 's market share,the bigger the competition the happier the customers are.
Old 2nd June 2005, 17:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

I had released an order for ZEN VXI, which was converted to Suzuki Swift (hats off to Team-Bhp). I was closely evaluating Santro then. I was offered an discount of Rs.40K during that time itself, when there no much news on Swift.

Rang up Hundyai to find out whats there in store. They said Swift is no comparison to Getz and its competing with Santro. He started to explain me the advantages of Santro over Swift

Apart from this 20-30K discount on Getz, they need to come up with a better proposal in some means

Last edited by Surprise : 2nd June 2005 at 17:27.
Old 2nd June 2005, 17:36   #3
BANNED

Walk into a Hyundai showroom and just look at the Getz. The salesguys are bound to start listing their offers even before you inquire about the price.

With enough bargaining, I think you can pick up the Getz for a steal.

hrag
Old 2nd June 2005, 18:27   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi
Hyundai is well known for offering discounts across it's model range(except the Crdi's).This time one more thing that the dealers say is that the Getz has a shorter waiting period than the Swift
I don't know if this is off topic,if we can recover from all the cloud surrounding the Swift launch,the Getz is actually a better car. I mean, just take a test drive in a Getz-it gives you the feeling of traveling in an Accent(Mid-Size). It's not the same with the Swift-it reminds you that it's an small car.
I wish that no one has the opinion that the getz is a bad car just because discounts are offered.

bye
kishore
Old 2nd June 2005, 18:51   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007
I wish that no one has the opinion that the getz is a bad car just because discounts are offered.
If it makes you happy, replace Hyundai with Maruti and Getz with Baleno in my original post :-) I recently did the rounds of almost all showrooms and was only trying to reflect the ground situation.

I think the Getz looks better than the Swift. Call me old-fashioned or simply old but the Getz looks better.

hrag
Old 2nd June 2005, 19:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
Call me old-fashioned or simply old but the Getz looks better.

hrag

It all boils down to individual tastes. Getz is also a good looking car. But, this is going to be never ending story, new players are going to bang their drums at regular intervals. This is a treat to the car lovers.
Old 2nd June 2005, 20:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

This was bound to happen, but surpricing is that they are offering discount on Santro

Quote:
They (hyundai ppl) said Swift is no comparison to Getz and its competing with Santro
so what Getz is suppose to give compitition to? Octavia? Optra?
Old 2nd June 2005, 21:02   #8
BHPian

Well, Hyundai reducing the prices on santro comes as no surprise.. Wait till it reduces the prices on the Getz and the CRDI Accents.. And when fortuner is launched, Hyundai will also reduce the price of the Tucson..

This is "CHEATING" plain and simple for their loyal customers who had bought the santros, the getz and the Tucson.. For the resale value of their vehicles goes down-hill, the depreciation of the car shoots up.. And the customers end up feeling like they've been sold a peice of scrap.. Thus reducing the overall popularity as well as the image of the car-maker.. Hyundai will suffer big-time because of its short-sightedness in the Indian market.. Car-makers like Suzuki, Toyota and others are planning at a long innings in the Indian car-market.. And We Indians certainly don't approve products whose prices depreciate rapidly..

Time for Hyundai to start counting its days in India like the other korean company Daewoo..

Gears,
Manish.
Old 2nd June 2005, 21:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Time for Hyundai to start counting its days in India like the other korean company Daewoo..
dude get your story straight
Daewoo went bankrupt (worldwide)
if that would not have happened I am pretty sure Daewoo would have been right up there fighting with big boys like Honda, TOYOTA, Maruti
just ask any Daewoo owner for feedback on their car

back to topic
: I don't think Hyundai's days are numbered but Hyundai is trying to go from car company for masses to luxury car maker not a good move IMHO

Last edited by adya33 : 2nd June 2005 at 21:13. Reason: added another point
Old 2nd June 2005, 21:34   #10
Senior - BHPian

Well, looks like the Santro's finally going down.......
Old 2nd June 2005, 22:26   #11
BANNED

Well its time Hyundai removes a new look santro and also a new Accent.. Xing looks like **** compared to Zip Drive and Zip plus
Old 2nd June 2005, 22:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

Swift is a good car and finally looks like the consumer is gonna be king. This is sure to start a price war, what with the GM Spark(Matiz), the panda the aveo etc coming in. Whatever hyundai will say on tv or print, the fact remains that they will reduce the price of the getz or give some discount in some hidden way or the other(free reg. free insurance, free alloys, free system, free holiday to some destination,etc, etc,
Old 3rd June 2005, 00:31   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
dude get your story straight
Daewoo went bankrupt (worldwide)
if that would not have happened I am pretty sure Daewoo would have been right up there fighting with big boys like Honda, TOYOTA, Maruti
just ask any Daewoo owner for feedback on their car

back to topic
: I don't think Hyundai's days are numbered but Hyundai is trying to go from car company for masses to luxury car maker not a good move IMHO
Dude, Mark my words.. If Hyundai was going such great guns on their so-called official 5-seater ARAI approved vehicle.. why the hell they had to launch TV commercial for public interest? And as soon as the Swift is launched they've started heavy discounts..

And i don't think that with their recent desperate moves, hyundai will succeed as a luxury car-maker.. Coz, luxury car buyers are more concerned with the reliability of the brand that they buy.. And luxury car-buyers certainly don't appreciate buying fast-depreciating vehicles.. So i repeat my statement that Hyundai's days are numbered unless they launch their new products at reasonable prices and then stick to their prices..
Old 3rd June 2005, 00:35   #14
BANNED

manish i agree with you. unlike hyundai maruti doesnot slash prices on cars like wagon R and Zen like Hyundai does on the santro thought the Baleno is completely different story..
Old 3rd June 2005, 02:14   #15
SMG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish
So i repeat my statement that Hyundai's days are numbered unless they launch their new products at reasonable prices and then stick to their prices..
I don't agree at all with this statement. Hyundai knows its game and other players in the game too.

As far as new product launches are concerned they already have an appropriate car for every segment, right from entry level to luxury sedan to SUV. Since Sep 2004 (9 months) , they launched Getz, Tucson and a modified Santro, Within a very near future modified Accents and Sonatas are coming so what else you want then?

And towards pricing, I believe Hyundai’s pricing is already reasonable. Discounts and price restructuring do happen every now and then. Any manufacturer (not necessarily car makers) will want to cash on novelty so there is nothing wrong if Hyundai initially charged more for Getz and now offering some discounts. What pricing structure do you have in mind then?

Hyundai started as a totally unknown brand and in less than a decade they became second largest carmaker in this country! No, not because of luck factor, they do have some concrete plans laid out based on very strategic thinking. Well thought product mix, (right from entry level to Luxury sedan to SUV), an excellent After Sales Support network and very imaginative, clever marketing, all contribute towards their success of today and tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks