Team-BHP - Maintaining a car is now more expensive as labour rates increased by > 10 % at A.S.C.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maintaining a car is now more expensive as labour rates increased by > 10 % at A.S.C. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/58514-maintaining-car-now-more-expensive-labour-rates-increased-10-s-c.html)

I just got a jolt from Hyundai workshop when they told me that labour rates for periodic maintenance service for santro is Rs. 750 from Rs. 675 w.e.f. May 1, 2009.

Also, many companies have increased their labour rates by 10% or more, depending upon the workshop location and nature of work done.

Just when maintaining small cars are becoming more expensive, this hike comes as a shock as for small jobs, one has to pay more burning a hole in the pocket.

My question: still does it make sense to go to an authorized dealer workshop for routine service or decent independents are a better option?

I think we will see a rise in DIY's now :D

but why this increase all of a sudden ? on one side labour costs are softening so this comes as a surprise.

would like to hear more about other manufacturers before drawing any conclusion

independent workshops ANYWAYS are worth a look what with the different types of issues one faces with the A.S.S.

Probably this is due to the recent strike by Hyundai Employees,which was called off recently.Since Hyundai runs it's own showrooms also. :-)

Since new metal sales growth is 2-3% now, revenues are now being protected through captive sources or service. The old stock has to be serviced somewhere, most likely at an authorised dealer's.

FIAT Palio - labour cost for periodic maintenance - Rs 1350/- (Concorde Motors), Rs 1200/- (Manipal Motors)

Compare with others in same segment, it is higher I think :Frustrati (excluding Fabia)

How much is the labour cost for other models for paid service?

all other car makers wants to match the skoda rates now.:D

Hi,

For my City CVT, the 30000kms service, the periodic maintenance charges were 825 + 10.3% service charge (85) = Rs 910.00

The 15000 was 625 and 20000 was 875, plus the similar amount of tax.

Well this is a bad news as we move up the class, I guess charges would increase further

:thumbs up Chevrolet does make sense now

3 yrs no maintainance...man I tell you it is such a great feeling when I take UVA back home from service center, I dont have to look into the bills and argue with the service advisor :D

it is just that I have to check the work done.

Dear Firebird.

What will happen after those 3 years??:D:D

Chevy is not known for good *** & cheap spares.

Quote:

Originally Posted by loving_alaap (Post 1301642)
Dear Firebird.

What will happen after those 3 years??:D:D

Chevy is not known for good *** & cheap spares.

yeah the thing to see is after that 3 year maintainance package, what are the charges for spares and services, not easy on bill:D.

Is this applicable accross all the manufacturers and their A**?