Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2009, 10:01   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

@tarun and xPK: I doubt that, because there have been many members here who bought their cars with the discounts.
I guess it depended on the stocks a dealer had.
@highsteem - I guess it might be more with less popular variants of a car selling less and dealers and Ford getting stuck with a huge bunch of them and deciding to sell them at a cheaper price.
Old 13th May 2009, 10:10   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunmadhok View Post
In the end they try selling Ikon. I think this is all sales gimmick.
When i went to buy my Ikon about 3 years back, i hard a hard time trying to brush them off from trying to sell me the Fiesta 1.4 petrol. I literally had to insist it was the Ikon which i wanted. How times change!
Old 13th May 2009, 12:08   #33
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@tarun and xPK: I doubt that, because there have been many members here who bought their cars with the discounts.
May be we're wrong. Our thought might be just another speculation.

Indeed the deal, really sounds like a steal deal.

Another thought which just struck my mind is, is this Ford's proactive move for "removal of additional excise duty", which I believe is yet to be implemented.

Last edited by xPK : 13th May 2009 at 12:10. Reason: Some spelling correction
Old 13th May 2009, 12:32   #34
BHPian

I remember, last time they had an offer of fiesta @ 5 lacs!

any way, sterio & new interiors = limited edition???
Old 18th May 2009, 17:07   #35
BHPian

I'm not sure about the stock clearance but 5.55 L for Fiesta sounds good
Old 23rd May 2009, 18:56   #36
Senior - BHPian

Tempted, hell yeah!

Sounds really tempting na, a good drivers car at 5.55L!

So I sent in an SMS to Ford and got a call from Chennai confirming it. Will be going for a test drive at their Malad showroom trow.

One thing I'd like to know is how good (or bad)is Ford's after sales service. I can refer to ACI spareparts guide for the pricing but then how reliable is the car in general?

Looking forward to your replies.

Cheers
Old 23rd May 2009, 19:10   #37
BANNED

Most of times there are hidden costs . just to attract customer to their showroom. Lesser price could be due to stripping of some some standard features.

Does anybody know price on road in new mumbai before and after scheme.

Thanks
Old 23rd May 2009, 19:21   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea1979 View Post
Most of times there are hidden costs . just to attract customer to their showroom. Lesser price could be due to stripping of some some standard features.

Does anybody know price on road in new mumbai before and after scheme.

Thanks
I dont know how true that is but on their website the cost of Fiesta in its EXI trim is 6.07L ex showroom.
And I'm also surprised this offer does not reflect on their website.
Old 23rd May 2009, 20:38   #39
BHPian

this must be for the exi only. they are selling the zxi with abs now! i think and if they are clearing stock and if its not too old then what the hell one should go for it.your resale will be low anyways so why not buy at the discounted price eh!! makes sense i think what you guys think?
Old 25th May 2009, 11:58   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
this must be for the exi only. they are selling the zxi with abs now! i think and if they are clearing stock and if its not too old then what the hell one should go for it.your resale will be low anyways so why not buy at the discounted price eh!! makes sense i think what you guys think?
Yes it is the EXI with a few added features like drivers seat height adjuster, seat fabrics from ZXI (not sure), 2 DIN music player and a Limited badge.

Did see the car at SC Ford, Malad. Could not take a test drive as they did not have a petrol Fiesta, have been promised a test drive today. Loved the platinum color.

Did not like the hard dashboard plastic, the ZXI and S model have a lovely soft feel dash. The 2 din music player sounds good through its 4 speakers but does not have an AUX port (disappointing).

The 2 criteria I have for a car is that it should drive well and have a great AC.

I don't know whether its me but I feel the seats on the Fiesta seem a tad too small. I had the same feeling when I used to travel in my colleagues diesel Fiesta.

Has anyone on the forum got himself the Limited edition Fiesta? The OTR cost for a Mumbai registered car comes to Rs. 649030 (619886 for Thane).

I am tempted but I will decide after the test drive.

Cheers
Old 25th May 2009, 12:23   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
I don't know whether its me but I feel the seats on the Fiesta seem a tad too small. I had the same feeling when I used to travel in my colleagues diesel Fiesta.
Cheers
Yup! they are really small (even smaller than Zen's seats). I like everything in this car apart from small seats & a small footwell.
Old 25th May 2009, 12:27   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Yup! they are really small (even smaller than Zen's seats). I like everything in this car apart from small seats & a small footwell.
Yeah, even my type 1 esteem has similar if not slightly larger seats than the Fiesta and the Fiesta is a couple of classes higher.

I wonder why?
Old 20th January 2010, 02:05   #43
BHPian

arrgghh !! no abs :(
Old 13th September 2011, 13:02   #44
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta Limited Edition for 5.55 lacs

Quite intriguing received an offer for a 2011 manufactured version of this very model at similar rates !! has anyone heard of this Limited version this year. the accessories remain same as discussed in this thread i.e a upped version of the Fiesta classic
Old 13th September 2011, 14:28   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta Limited Edition for 5.55 lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
Quite intriguing received an offer for a 2011 manufactured version of this very model at similar rates !! has anyone heard of this Limited version this year. the accessories remain same as discussed in this thread i.e a upped version of the Fiesta classic
Is that for a petrol engine? Could you provide some more details on the extra features? And what all stuffs are extra than the normal version that's available at that price?

Most Viewed