Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2009, 11:25   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Friend,

Its only the non-Fiat owners who are still crying & cribbing about Fiat A.S.S, Fiat attitude, Half heart Fiat & loads of blah blah!

There are many Linea owners review around here & I am yet to find one angry customer! There were delivery woes which were promptly addressed by Fiat top management involvement. Its a good sign & makes sense!
Now you have found one angry customer, me!! Right from delivery to A.S.S. I have had a lot of troubles with Tata/Fiat. On the delivery issues I e-maileed several people at Tata and Fiat but nothing came from it. On the service issue too I have e-mailed Fiat but haven't heard anything yet, to be fair I e-mailed them only a couple of days ago on the service issues so they might still respond back. I still love the Lineea but Tata/Fiat have a long long way to go.
Old 13th May 2009, 11:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Gagan I think you are missing the plot here, Honda isnt aiming for the volume market ala Swift, its aiming at a premium/niche market of premium hatchback. If there arent many in numbers now, trust me with launch of Jazz you can surely expect 3k per month on the sales chart. We can revisit my post in a few months time and see if I hit the nail on its head.
You are contradicting yourself, 3k in sales every month is Volume. I personally think a car with the specs as mentioned below at 8 lacs will find difficult to sell 3 k a month, i think 1000 - 1500 should be a decent figure honda should look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
Very good info Sid. Looking at the features, I am sure this would be a high end hatch and would be competing with Skoda Fabia. It would be great if you can put out an indicative price.
i second that, sidbro great scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
^ and electric mirrors, I started realizing how awesome that feature is specially when you park on Mumbai roads
Also the sunroof is missing, or is it not ???
Climatronic / rear parking sensors and only 2 air bags ??
weak in that front.

Customer who are paying a premium for a product which would ideally cost them less, will be expecting these creature comforts. I think honda missed a trick or two on the jazz.

cheers,
ac
Old 13th May 2009, 11:49   #48
BHPian

Well to be honest the competition doesn't offer sunroof and all, but the regulars at that price are missing indeed.
Old 13th May 2009, 11:54   #49
BHPian

I guess its high time some renowned car maker changes the rule of the game. The best car maker to do that will be Toyota. They must bring in the Yaris hatch and sedan at prices below jazz and city with optimal features.

IMO all regular Japanese cars are soul less. Toyota cars are more reliable than Honda, but Honda adds a little soul to the otherwise bland car.
Old 13th May 2009, 11:58   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
Well to be honest the competition doesn't offer sunroof and all, but the regulars at that price are missing indeed.
Fabia offers, forget the high end ones even the i10 and the i20 offer.

So at 8 lacs in a hatchback, a sunroof and that too a Electric one is a 'regular feature'
Old 13th May 2009, 12:01   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
Now you have found one angry customer, me!! Right from delivery to A.S.S. I have had a lot of troubles with Tata/Fiat. On the delivery issues I e-maileed several people at Tata and Fiat but nothing came from it. On the service issue too I have e-mailed Fiat but haven't heard anything yet, to be fair I e-mailed them only a couple of days ago on the service issues so they might still respond back. I still love the Lineea but Tata/Fiat have a long long way to go.
I will finalize my car in next 2-3 months or so and GP and Linea are really two strong contenders. Would really like to discuss with you about your problems and all that. Who is your dealer? Pandit or B U Bhandari? I have known people who had very bad experience of BU Bhanadari - is Pandit better? Any other dealer in Pune?
Old 13th May 2009, 12:09   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -xplora- View Post

I saw one of the auto shows forgot which one, which mentioend that Jazz was to be priced around 4-5 lacs, which will make it an excellent value, considering Honda's reliability, I am itching to get one soon, but in the hindsight I feel should wait for the Punto to come out and compare both !
Hey, its not the Jazz that is referenced here. Honda is planning to bring in another small car in the 4-5 lakh range in 3 years time. The Jazz as widely discussed would be priced around 7 lakhs.
Old 13th May 2009, 12:10   #53
Senior - BHPian

I will not pay one lac+ more for a straight H with extra 10 bhp (at higher rpm) but with lesser features (no acc, no alloys, no fogs...) than a slanting H with all those features in addition.

Last edited by vasoo : 13th May 2009 at 12:14.
Old 13th May 2009, 12:43   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I will not pay one lac+ more for a straight H with extra 10 bhp (at higher rpm) but with lesser features (no acc, no alloys, no fogs...) than a slanting H with all those features in addition.

ha ha ha, good one vasoo, after all a H is a H! :P
Old 13th May 2009, 13:03   #55
BHPian

So, as expected, just like ANHC,

A premium car with super premium price tag without any premium goodies. Alloys , Fogs, ACC etc)

Dont worry guys, just like NHC, you will get all these stuffs in ANHC & Jazz after 2-3 years.
Old 13th May 2009, 14:21   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
I20 engine: 80 PS @ 5200 RPM, Torque :11.4 KgM/4000 rpm
Jazz Engine: 90 PS @6000 RPM, Torque : 11.2 KgM/4800 rpm

On paper, hyundai kappa feels better. It attains both the peak torque and peak power at a lower RPM than 1.2L VTEC.

So calling the 1.2L VTEC, the peppiest in the segment is unfair.Please do base your arguments on facts alone. The actual verdict will come out once the test drives for Jazz begins.
Add to that
MSIL Ritz/ Splash: Engine 1197 cc DOHC

Power: 85 PS @ 6000 rpm
Torque: 113 Nm @ 4500 rpm

Still, the Kappa feels better on paper!

So, the 1.2 ltr segment is hotting up!

Last edited by breezydrive : 13th May 2009 at 14:24.
Old 13th May 2009, 14:30   #57
BHPian

For a hatch back and for the average Indian, whether it is a Honda or a Toyota, price would play a very big role in this segment where the premium hatches have not set the sales chart on fire.

At this point of time though the Jazz looks ( subjective) and feels the best in its class, I would keep my fingers crossed if it would make the same impact as that of the HC, ANHC,ANHC and Civic etc.

Am Banking on the Punto / Diesel I20 as better options and a few months from now the trend should emerge.
Old 13th May 2009, 14:34   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Add to that
MSIL Ritz/ Splash: Engine 1197 cc DOHC

Power: 85 PS @ 6000 rpm
Torque: 113 Nm @ 4500 rpm

Still, the Kappa feels better on paper!

So, the 1.2 ltr segment is hotting up!
Well, GP has the 1.4 which is competitive with these engines -

Power: 90 PS @ 6000 rpm
Torque: 115 Nm (11.7 kg-m) @ 4500 rpm
Old 13th May 2009, 14:39   #59
BHPian

Great Scoop Sid!

Wish this won't be lifted by some site and would be pasted with heading: " Your read it First on our Site "
Old 13th May 2009, 15:38   #60
Senior - BHPian

good scoop sid, but as others said again honda seems to take premium without any premium stuffs included and as time will go we might be able to see alloys and other stuffs in newer models.JAZZY
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks