Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2009, 11:17   #91
BHPian

vnabhi, where is the source .
i guess u have mistaken the price . Honda said that they will launch another smaller car than Jazz around 2011 in the price range of <5lacs.
Old 14th May 2009, 11:25   #92
BHPian

If the indicative price is around 7L, then Maruti and Hyundai must be laughing away to glory. That would be sad as Honda would be outpricing themselves in the name of "premium" brand. Hope some sense would prevails before we get the actuals out in open.

Here is the what I got from Business Standard:
"Jnaneswar Sen, senior V-P (marketing), HSCI, said: “In international markets, the Honda Jazz is priced more than the Honda City. However, due to the benefit of excise duty structure in India, expect the Jazz to be priced slightly lower than the City.” Smaller cars attract less duty in India. The City carries a price tag of Rs 8.25 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai)."

Last edited by muralisk : 14th May 2009 at 11:38.
Old 14th May 2009, 11:38   #93
BHPian

For like 6.7L OTR Mumbai you can get all this in i20

Front and back fogs
abs with ebd
body coloured everything
alloys
ice
cooled glove box
leather steering wheel and gear knob
auto ac
height adjustable seats, tilt steering
electric mirrors
6 air bags
dead pedal, well just the foot rest
steering mounted controls
lamp in the boot-is this offered in jazz?
rear ac
and of course power windows/ steering
central locking/keyless entry
Add to it the capable kappa engine which people have said in this topic is better than the i vtec offered in jazz

My neighbour has the i20 and it is sexy in white, and feature loaded.

I'm not trying to flame honda fans or anything but just see what all you can get for supposedly a 1.2L cheaper car.

Now what is honda charging the premium for?

Honda doesn't have the edge over hyundai in reliability and a.s.s anyway, I havn't seen much difference in them so once again, why the premium?
Old 14th May 2009, 11:47   #94
Senior - BHPian

There has been some discusion going on about Honda overpricing or falsly positiong their products as premium for some time.
I have purchased ANHC and as a buyer feel that they should have provided more for the money charged.
But I want to see if there is another side to the entire thing. Could it be possible that their products are genuinly costing so much for them to build and this is the best they can offer to the customer?
Could it be because they revamp the products too often (once in every 4-5 years) which puts pressure to recover the cost of redesinging in a relatively shorter time?
Old 14th May 2009, 11:52   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
don't call I 20 a flop.

which car OTR 6.3L will give you 6 airbags and whole lot of other small ingenious features?

underpowered it may be,where in our country's streets will you race the car? .
Well said Sid, to what has been mentioned by you. No other car offers the same features as I20 do and this way some what price can be justified but you can't deny the fact that, the car for its size and stance with "Super Hatch Tag" really cries for bigger heart.

On other hand how come any one can digest that 7 L Ex-showroom Delhi price tag. I think one really needs some pills to digest that price tag with So called Premium honda bage and those basic features
Old 14th May 2009, 12:21   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
No other car offers the same features as I20 do and this way some what price can be justified but you can't deny the fact that, the car for its size and stance with "Super Hatch Tag" really cries for bigger heart.
A lot of us have critised Hyundai (and justifiably) for the small 1.2L in a premium hatch like the i20. Fiat with it's 1.2L Grande Punto will be subjected to the same harsh critisicm.

BUT, how come none of us are flaming Honda for offering a similar 1.2L engine as the other car makers? Mind you, not only the engines are of same capacity but the features are much less then what are on offer in the i20 and GP.
Old 14th May 2009, 12:28   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
A lot of us have critised Hyundai (and justifiably) for the small 1.2L in a premium hatch like the i20. Fiat with it's 1.2L Grande Punto will be subjected to the same harsh critisicm.

BUT, how come none of us are flaming Honda for offering a similar 1.2L engine as the other car makers? Mind you, not only the engines are of same capacity but the features are much less then what are on offer in the i20 and GP.
See post #32 and #40, the 1.2L kappa is better than the 1.2 i vtec in jazz

No one is denying it so no one is posting anymore on the engines.

As for features, see #94, I20 is a clear winner in that aspect
Old 14th May 2009, 12:34   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
See post #32 and #40, the 1.2L kappa is better than the 1.2 i vtec in jazz

No one is denying it so no one is posting anymore on the engines.

As for features, see #94, I20 is a clear winner in that aspect
So to summarize, can we write off the honda jazz right away or is there some other magic we are expecting from honda - maybe it will be a modder's delight?? currently the swift takes away the cake of the most moddable hot hatch! At 5.5 lacs for the zxi its a much better option I feel.

Last edited by jassi : 14th May 2009 at 12:35.
Old 14th May 2009, 13:12   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
vnabhi, where is the source .
i guess u have mistaken the price . Honda said that they will launch another smaller car than Jazz around 2011 in the price range of <5lacs.
I read the article once again---and yes, you are right. It says Honda will launch another car after the Jazz, priced at around 5.5 lacs.
Old 14th May 2009, 13:57   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
the engine is not underpowered as it is written to be. An engine should not be judged from its quoted figures from paper but how well it is tuned to match the overall body profile and weight of the car.

underpowered it may be,where in our country's streets will you race the car?

i don't think its time of 0-100 kmph of 14.22 seconds makes it an underpowered car.

fabia is 1.2 litre, 3 cylinder, 69bhp. now take the call.
Fabia also had a 1.4 ltr, 4 cylinder 85bhp. Whose call now? I know fi.robin's [member here] 1.2 ltr can give the I20 a run for it's money...
Old 14th May 2009, 15:00   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Someone in Honda India told me that the Jazz is a disappointing product. Price was not disclosed, but he said that product wise the car is a big let down in terms of performance and specs. In his words, "the only reason the car will sell is because of the Honda badge otherwise it's surely not a worth buying car"
What a coincidence that your secret source/friend the same views you have for every Honda car off late...

Last edited by aseem : 14th May 2009 at 15:06.
Old 14th May 2009, 15:52   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
I sincerely hope this car does not become a success. It should teach Honda India a good management lesson.
+1. I hope the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
What a coincidence that your secret source/friend the same views you have for every Honda car off late...
Whoever quoted it is of less concern. IMO the details given so far a 7lac price is really overpriced. Given an option i will choose i20 over Jazz anyday as it gives me more features and saves me valuable bucks.
Old 14th May 2009, 16:25   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
I have realised that you have a special hatred for anyone that doesn't agree with you and / or says anything against your hallowed Honda. I could give you the name of the person who has this opinion but I am not here to humour or flatter you. My posts over the years on this forum and my status here is proof enough of my unbaised attitude towards automobiles. I suggest you refrain from attacking members who have different views then you. You don't know how I am invovled with the auto industry so it's better you back off from any kind of attacks on me.
Old 14th May 2009, 16:47   #104
BHPian

Well Well, suddenly looks like i20 is becoming the favourite premium hatch on this forum
Old 14th May 2009, 17:00   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Could it be possible that their products are genuinly costing so much for them to build and this is the best they can offer to the customer?
Could it be because they revamp the products too often (once in every 4-5 years) which puts pressure to recover the cost of redesinging in a relatively shorter time?
product design costs are borne not just by India but by all regions in which the product will be sold. In the case of the Jazz it happens to be the entire damned world!
In case of a product revamp (Honda) vs addition to portfolio under different name (Maruti, Hyundai, basically everyone else) the only differential costs would be forgoing the income being derived from disposal of the old dies and losing out on the sales of the phased out product!
Cost is hardly an issue here!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks