Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2009, 17:05   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I have realised that you have a special hatred for anyone that doesn't agree with you and / or says anything against your hallowed Honda. I could give you the name of the person who has this opinion but I am not here to humour or flatter you. My posts over the years on this forum and my status here is proof enough of my unbaised attitude towards automobiles. I suggest you refrain from attacking members who have different views then you. You don't know how I am invovled with the auto industry so it's better you back off from any kind of attacks on me.
I hope mods are keeping an eye on this, as your words to intimidate me from replying border on personal attack.

I have seen so many threads with you flaunting your Bhpian status, entitling you to belittle others or their views if they conflict from yours. If I am supposedly biased towards Honda, than same can be claimed for you being biased on Fiat. Your Team BHP status or being involved in auto industry does not entitle you from intimidating someone posting contrary to your view. I have never seen other reputed Bhpians, moderators, or even GTO flaunt their status to prove their point. So park it!

I am not attacking anyone so dont try to spin my comments. We have a difference on opinion as anytime I write a post that has the word Fiat in it, it seems your radar goes off. You are the one who qouted my comments and made fun of them in this thread in the first place. I have nothing against Fiat, if someone reads my post I have commented on MUL (own one) Hyundai (own one) as well.
Old 14th May 2009, 17:26   #107
BHPian

Phew. Things are heating up here. For me the Honda Jazz is overpriced & the Hyundai i20 is underpowered. Hence i went for the i10 A/T. The cheapest of all with the i20 80bhp engine. All for 4.57L. Souped up the car (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html) for around 40-45k's and got a stunner. So approximately i got my car for 5L on road after accessorising. Though F.E. is an altogether different issue.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 14th May 2009 at 17:27.
Old 14th May 2009, 17:37   #108
Senior - BHPian

I dont understand why doesnt honda make the car in the Rajasthan plant?
It will offer economies of scale i guess.
Old 14th May 2009, 18:51   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
I hope mods are keeping an eye on this, as your words to intimidate me from replying border on personal attack.
If you think that's a personal attack be my guest. The statement was in response to your unnecessary personal attack on me. Go through what you posted again. You seemed to suggest that I am making up stories about what someone from Honda said. Don't attack the work that I do. I look at that statement of yours as a professional and personal attack on me.

Quote:
I have seen so many threads with you flaunting your Bhpian status, entitling you to belittle others or their views if they conflict from yours.
So if you disagree with someone it's difference of opinion and if someone disagrees with what you say it's belittling and intimidating!

Quote:
If I am supposedly biased towards Honda, than same can be claimed for you being biased on Fiat.
Very conviniently you have ignored the post I made on the GP thread about Fiat not launching the VGT in the GP. I have said there that absence of GP VGT is a deal breaker for me and that I would rather wait for Hyundai to bring in the i20. There are countless more posts of mine critising Fiat, their products and service. You dont seem to criticise Honda for anything even going to the extent of claiming that the Jazz will be the most fun to drive and will return best in class mileage when noone in India has driven the car! Your fanboyism for Honda is blatantly obvious to everyone here. To the few that didn't know, the below quoted text from you made it clear:

Quote:
Engine: i20 Sluggish and boring
Engine: Jazz Frugal and peppiest in its segmet. Even puts likes of Linea to waters
Quote:
Your Team BHP status or being involved in auto industry does not entitle you from intimidating someone posting contrary to your view. I have never seen other reputed Bhpians, moderators, or even GTO flaunt their status to prove their point. So park it!
Dont attack my profession. I am proud of what I do and I am sure you are proud of your work too. So you park it too!

Quote:
I am not attacking anyone so dont try to spin my comments. We have a difference on opinion as anytime I write a post that has the word Fiat in it, it seems your radar goes off.
If you are going to write needless stuff about any carmaker to make your favourite Honda brand look good, I am going to bring that point out. If you think that's intimidating I dont care.

Quote:
You are the one who qouted my comments and made fun of them in this thread in the first place.
Revisit this thread. There are many others before me who pointed out your needless bashing of both i20 and GP to make the Jazz look good.

Quote:
I have nothing against Fiat,
Of course you don't. Your posts make that very clear!

Last edited by amit : 14th May 2009 at 18:53.
Old 14th May 2009, 19:18   #110
BHPian

Disappointing!

Sid,

Great find. Trusted you to do the job

I'm disappointed with the price, features on offer. You don't charge a premium for a car and cut down on features like alloy wheels or fog lamps that come as standard in less expensive cars. Any why no USB option in a premium hatchback?

As expected they seem to have left the AT option to the 1.5 variant.

Sid, do us a favour and tell us when the 1.5 is coming. I'm sure it will be as expensive as the sedan. Lack of alloys/fog lamps is a foregone conclusion because the 1.5 sedan doesn't have it either.
Old 14th May 2009, 23:16   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Sid,

Great find. Trusted you to do the job

I'm disappointed with the price, features on offer. You don't charge a premium for a car and cut down on features like alloy wheels or fog lamps that come as standard in less expensive cars. Any why no USB option in a premium hatchback?

As expected they seem to have left the AT option to the 1.5 variant.

Sid, do us a favour and tell us when the 1.5 is coming. I'm sure it will be as expensive as the sedan. Lack of alloys/fog lamps is a foregone conclusion because the 1.5 sedan doesn't have it either.
no idea.no concrete picture.
Old 15th May 2009, 11:32   #112
BHPian

For everyone on this thread I would say imagine what will happen when the 1.2 VW Polo comes out. Will we be treated to a true 1.2 liter premium hatch, especially if the TSI engine does make it? Will it be even more overpriced than the Jazz and Fabia for the content that comes for the price, or it will be a real new benchmark?
Either way, it will be interesting to see what happens with that!
Some party or the other will be aggrieved as a result, Im sure! And that should make for interesting reading!
Old 15th May 2009, 11:41   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
I dont understand why doesnt honda make the car in the Rajasthan plant?
It will offer economies of scale i guess.
Honda has stopped the construction of Rajasthan plant for another 2 years because of economic slowdown.
Old 15th May 2009, 14:58   #114
BHPian

Jazz Preview Website

Honda Jazz :: Home

Honda India site has been updated with the above link. Guess the launch is quite close
Old 15th May 2009, 16:47   #115

It seems Honda's new bare-featured cars policy has claimed its third victim. I have been a big Honda fan since they came to India. I own a 2002 City and a 2005 Civic and they are both excellent cars. At that time, both these cars had a good features-to-price ratio apart from being best in their class.

However, as of late, Honda has been stinting too much on features. The new Accord, City and Jazz being the prime examples. I understand their charging a premium for their cars becaus that does get offset by reliability, economy and great resale value. However, when one goes and buys the most expensive car in the class, expecting a feature-laden car is not asking too much. Especially, when you know its not costing them too much...

...take the example of the Jazz. It is built on the same platform as the new City which means several parts are shared. When Honda will buy more parts from the same vendors, it will obviously cost them less. In addition, the Jazz has around 75% local content which means the yen problem won't affect it too much. Also, with a 1.2 ltr petrol engine and under 4m length, it qualifies as a small car and will get excise benefit.

Even after all this, there are no alloys!!! For crying out loud, even the top model Spark has alloy wheels. Same with the ANHC - no alloys, auto AC etc. And the 27 lac (on-road Delhi) V6 Accord has halogen headlamps!!! GOD!!!

All I'm saying is that I do not expect Honda to reduce prices of their cars. They will not and they should not too. But for God's sake, they should give features/equipment that suits the price.
Old 15th May 2009, 18:39   #116
BHPian

Jazz launch on June 10

I had registered my friend on the Honda India Jazz preview site Honda Jazz :: Home for a test drive. He just got a call from them (less than 1 hr from registration!) informing him of the launch date as June 10.
Old 15th May 2009, 19:21   #117
Senior - BHPian

I was told deliveries will start in around two months.

Information from the SA I interacted with today.
Old 15th May 2009, 20:48   #118
Senior - BHPian

According to Times, Honda will launch the base model below the 5 lakh psychological barrier.
Old 15th May 2009, 21:04   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
According to Times, Honda will launch the base model below the 5 lakh psychological barrier.
Are you talking about Jazz or the other small car that Honda is planning. I can bet that Jazz will not be below 5L. That's impossible knowing Honda.
Old 15th May 2009, 22:19   #120
BHPian

As per the scoop there is only 1 model, so what base model are you talking about?

These papers are confusing the jazz with the small hatch that is supposedly going to be a high volume car.

Last edited by Gagan.js : 15th May 2009 at 22:21.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed