Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2009, 15:40   #271
BHPian

I think we can safely assume there'll be another zero in that figure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
expect price of 500-1000 rs

Last edited by adityamunshi : 30th May 2009 at 15:42.
Old 30th May 2009, 18:38   #272

WOW great info man... This will help the guys in planing to buy a new car (like me)
Old 30th May 2009, 22:22   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
I think we can safely assume there'll be another zero in that figure.
Very Right. Mud flaps of ANHC cost abt Rs.1700 .
Jazz would be no cheaper.
Old 31st May 2009, 11:16   #274
BHPian

Had been to the whitefield honda yesterday in Bangalore. The car was not on display.
Checked with the attendant for the pricing. They say its INR 7.5 lakhs ex-showroom and INR 8.2 lakhs OTR.
Bookings have started. 50 cars have been booked. Can't really validate the claims.
Old 1st June 2009, 12:30   #275
BHPian

Jazz To Be The Costliest 'super-mini'

Honda Siel, which is all set to launch its premium hatchback ‘the Jazz’ on June 10, is likely to price it around Rs 6.5-6.8 lakh, making it the most expensive ‘super-mini’ on Indian roads, according to dealers and people with knowledge of the company’s pricing plan. The Jazz, based on the same platform as Honda’s City, will be cheaper than the best-selling sedan, though foreign exchange fluctuations have forced the carmaker to price it much above competing models such as Skoda Fabia and Hyundai i20.

Honda, keen to keep its product’s premium positioning, doesn’t want the Jazz to be a price warrior. Honda’s models available in India, the City, or Accord, command a brand and technology premium. The Jazz, know as the Fit in Japan, was the best selling car in that country last year.

Honda Siel has also finalised its second for the Indian market. Honda Siel CEO Masahiro Takedagawa is flying to Japan in two weeks to get the formal approval from the Japanese parent. The new small car, a global car based on a new platform, will be developed for India, and will be exported to other markets. Honda claims it will offer better fuel efficiency compared with other hatchback compacts available in India.

Honda has already started production of the Jazz on May 28 at its Greater Noida plant. The Jazz will be fitted with a 1.2 litre petrol that will crank out 90PS power compared with the City’s 1.5 litre engine that offers 120 PS power.
“Copyright © 2008, Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. All Rights Reserved"
Jazz to be the costliest 'super-mini'- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 1st June 2009, 14:28   #276
BHPian

Autocarindia's homepage is showing the road test report of Indian Jazz today.

I am really impressed after knowing that it has 399 ltrs boot space & huge amount of legroom too.

but the price is going to be a total turnoff as its going out of my budget for a hatchback. now owning honda is becoming difficult year by year. I wonder if 5 yrs down the line they are going to ask the price of BMW/VW in India.
Old 1st June 2009, 15:09   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post

I am really impressed after knowing that it has 399 ltrs boot space & huge amount of legroom too.
Sorry boss, but ACI reviews are getting as lame as a useless duck. Besides this line, there is nothing new added to their "exclusive first drive" -

"The soft suspension set-up means that those of you looking to push the Jazz into corners at good speeds will be left disappointed"

Last edited by reppy : 1st June 2009 at 15:13.
Old 1st June 2009, 15:21   #278
Senior - BHPian

ACI also says "There’s also a feel-good factor about the car that rivals will find hard to match" What exactly is this feel-good factor that's missing it its competitors? High price?
Old 1st June 2009, 15:47   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
ACI also says "There’s also a feel-good factor about the car that rivals will find hard to match" What exactly is this feel-good factor that's missing it its competitors? High price?
In addition to the high Price, the other feel good factor would be the "H" Logo which would say to you "You luck dog, you own a HHHHHonda" lolol
Old 1st June 2009, 16:18   #280
BHPian

I hear Honda is positioning the Jazz in place of the NHC with similar luxury levels, average dynamics, soft suspension and FE as the selling points. ANHC was different in most of these.
Old 1st June 2009, 22:52   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
It doesn't seem to be the Indian Honda Jazz roadtest!!
The pictures shown are spy pics clicked in Chennai and all they have written about the car is what they had tested in the European Honda Jazz. And they call it the Indian Jazz test drive ?!
I don't believe it.
Old 1st June 2009, 23:39   #282
Senior - BHPian

9 days to go!

i hope the pricing is correct as per the demands and pockets of the indian customer!

though i love the 90 Bhp in a 1.2 ltr 4 pot engine!
Old 2nd June 2009, 00:30   #283
Senior - BHPian

The euro NCAP crash test of the Jazz:

cheers
Old 2nd June 2009, 11:44   #284
Senior - BHPian

This has ended up becoming a Honda bashing thread even before the car has been launched. The folks are first coming up with pricing figures of 7.5 Lakh ex-showroom and 8.5 Lakh OTR, and than bashing Honda. Now as per the latest economic times the car is priced between 6.5 and 6.8.... So I suggest lets just give it a break till we know the right pricing, features and do a proper road test at TE.
Old 2nd June 2009, 11:49   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
This has ended up becoming a Honda bashing thread even before the car has been launched. The folks are first coming up with pricing figures of 7.5 Lakh ex-showroom and 8.5 Lakh OTR, and than bashing Honda. Now as per the latest economic times the car is priced between 6.5 and 6.8.... So I suggest lets just give it a break till we know the right pricing, features and do a proper road test at TE.
aseem, People are disappointed that a good car is not available to be driven by majority of people.
Regarding the bashing, I think the car can take it, nothing to worry. Hope Honda surprises everyone with the pricing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed