Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2009, 12:03   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReckDriver View Post
It doesn't seem to be the Indian Honda Jazz roadtest!!
The pictures shown are spy pics clicked in Chennai and all they have written about the car is what they had tested in the European Honda Jazz. And they call it the Indian Jazz test drive ?!
I don't believe it.
They have been doing that for quite a while now. They go to countries such as Malaysia, Singapore to test drive cars that would be launched in India in the near future. Most of their 'exclusive' test drives are nothing but cars been tested in particular countries where they are freely available. This month they have the Toyota Fortuner. It was the same case with the Jazz, the City etc.
Old 2nd June 2009, 12:12   #287
BHPian

on the contrary - i would say keep bashing. If Honda is reading this thread and reducing their price or adding some more features to the car, then it is good for prospective owners.
I know

Last edited by jassi : 2nd June 2009 at 12:13.
Old 2nd June 2009, 12:20   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
aseem, People are disappointed that a good car is not available to be driven by majority of people.
Regarding the bashing, I think the car can take it, nothing to worry. Hope Honda surprises everyone with the pricing.
Agree with you. See i am just giving my example ok. My main criteria was i wanted an Automatic below my set budget of 6 lacs as this would be my 2nd car for home use. Though i like my i10 automatic, i am disappointed with the fuel efficiency. Still i have done a comparo of both the i10 automatic & Jazz automatic. Note that the i10 1.2 Automatic Magna was purchased by me at the said price 4.57L and am assuming the Honda Jazz A/T to be priced at 7.5L on road (he he). And remember its just my amateurish comparo, my opinion guys. Here goes...

HONDA JAZZ Specs : Sometimes, we have to pay to be (jazz)y in our country-i10-jazz-comparison.jpg

so paying 3 lacs for 10 horses more and the prestigious 'H' badge doesn't work for me, the italics version of the 'H' works for me though. He He.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 2nd June 2009 at 12:31. Reason: typos
Old 2nd June 2009, 13:47   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
so paying 3 lacs for 10 horses more and the prestigious 'H' badge doesn't work for me, the italics version of the 'H' works for me though. He He.
You didn't consider the resale value you get for that 'H' logo!
Also, do not under estimate the fuel price part... it's 44.50 today... very well possible for it to be Rs.100.00 per litre in not so far future with the world economies recovering and all that!
Old 2nd June 2009, 13:56   #290
BHPian

nice calculation anil.

But you have to recalculate with Honda Jazz AT = 8.5
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:13   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
You didn't consider the resale value you get for that 'H' logo!
Also, do not under estimate the fuel price part... it's 44.50 today... very well possible for it to be Rs.100.00 per litre in not so far future with the world economies recovering and all that!
Bro,
Here i have not even calculated the interest i lose on the 3 lacs. Considering Automatic cars have lower resale value, Calculate approx.value after 5 years, i10 1.5 to 2 lacs depending on the condition, Jazz 2.5 - 2.75 lacs. So to get the extra 50-75k's, will you spend 3 lacs over and above to buy the 'H' over the 'H' ???? But then bro, its strictly my POV, others may think i'm wrong.

@alaap
even now its a no-brainer in my mind, imagine what the calculation will be if the cost is 8.5L hehe

Last edited by anilkalvani : 2nd June 2009 at 14:22. Reason: typos
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:13   #292
BHPian

7 is too less for automatic i guess , i have heard my friends getting in b/w9-11 in city.
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:42   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
7 is too less for automatic i guess , i have heard my friends getting in b/w9-11 in city.
i am getting 7.5kmpl, 100% a/c, and have not run in, i assume it would settle to 9kmpl after 2000kms. But since a couple of t-bhpians tejas and jesal are getting low f.e. with their automatic i10's hence i have taken the mileage to the lowest figure at 7kmpl for the calculation. For the Honda, i have taken it as 11kmpl, as i don't think the auto tranny would give more than that.
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:51   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Agree with you. See i am just giving my example ok. My main criteria was i wanted an Automatic below my set budget of 6 lacs as this would be my 2nd car for home use. Though i like my i10 automatic, i am disappointed with the fuel efficiency. Still i have done a comparo of both the i10 automatic & Jazz automatic. Note that the i10 1.2 Automatic Magna was purchased by me at the said price 4.57L and am assuming the Honda Jazz A/T to be priced at 7.5L on road (he he). And remember its just my amateurish comparo, my opinion guys. Here goes...

Attachment 143453

Too many assumptions... but how do you plan to justify comparings two different segments. You might as well through the NHC ZX CVT and than it was 3 horses less than i10, but do you really think they both are in the same class?
i10 cant be compared to Jazz even in your *** dreams
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:58   #295
Senior - BHPian

I heard Jazz is going to the costliest hatch..i mean costlier than Fabia.
When will Honda understand the hatch market of India?
Old 2nd June 2009, 15:35   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I heard Jazz is going to the costliest hatch..i mean costlier than Fabia.
When will Honda understand the hatch market of India?
Honda can demand such high prices because people are ready to pay for their products. ANHC sales in May are over 3,000 units despite the fact that prices were hiked by 30K from 1/4/09. Obviously, people still see value in the City. Why blame Honda for their pricing? If I can sell my product for Rs.500 why should I sell it for Rs.300?

Jazz will be the best selling premium hatch in India. Jazz 1.2 will outsell the combined sales of i20 1.2 and 1.4Crdi, Fabia 1.2 and 1.4 Tdi and Grande Punto 1.2, 1.4 and 1.3MJD by 2:1!
Old 2nd June 2009, 15:39   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Too many assumptions... but how do you plan to justify comparings two different segments. You might as well through the NHC ZX CVT and than it was 3 horses less than i10, but do you really think they both are in the same class?
i10 cant be compared to Jazz even in your *** dreams
Sorry i forgot aseem HONDA is HONDA. Dude, get me a 4 speed auto Honda hatch at:

ok 5,

well 5.5,

wait 6,

shucks 6.5,

hell 7,

8 ???

See as i said i have NOT compared 2 segment cars, i have compared 2 AUTOMATICS. Hyundai may never ***TOUCH*** Honda butt... They do make cheap, reliable cars, trust me. Please lets end it here bro, as i said earlier, its my POV, & no the Honda never comes in my *** dreams ever! Peace!

@amit
Agreed. Thats the thing, Honda will still outsell all the rest. And as you said they have the right to price their car the same way i have the right to make this comparison.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 2nd June 2009 at 15:43.
Old 2nd June 2009, 15:45   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Honda can demand such high prices because people are ready to pay for their products. ANHC sales in May are over 3,000 units despite the fact that prices were hiked by 30K from 1/4/09. Obviously, people still see value in the City. Why blame Honda for their pricing? If I can sell my product for Rs.500 why should I sell it for Rs.300?

Jazz will be the best selling premium hatch in India. Jazz 1.2 will outsell the combined sales of i20 1.2 and 1.4Crdi, Fabia 1.2 and 1.4 Tdi and Grande Punto 1.2, 1.4 and 1.3MJD by 2:1!
maybe there is something we are missing which these people see in the overpriced hondas - maybe we will never see this H factor till we buy one - maybe one of the bhpians will buy a Jazz and explain to us about its awesomeness in a dedicated thread - the soft suspension which provides superior handling - the streamlined innova looks - the amazing ivtec 1.2 ltr engine which gives superior performance and mileage unlike the drab VW 1.2 TSI engine - the rear drum brakes which have endless stopping power - the shockingly low price of 8.5 OTR which does not include gizmos like auto climate control, alloys, momo steering wheel.
All the maybes aside, one thing I am sure about is I wouldn't be buying a Jazz anytime soon!

Last edited by GTO : 3rd June 2009 at 13:38. Reason: Let's not get personal or use derogatory terms toward Honda owners
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:02   #299
BHPian

Quote:

Thats a really brave thing to say. I would tend to disagree however. At 8 lacs+, I dont see that happening. I remember reading an interview of the Honda India honcho in which he himself says that they expect the sales of the Jazz to be less than the City.
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:09   #300
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
If I can sell my product for Rs.500 why should I sell it for Rs.300?
Because you can get more customers for Rs.300. Specially when you have competitors selling for Rs.300 or Rs.250, it makes sense if you continue to sell at 300.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed