Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2009, 18:27   #331
BHPian

Just now received a SMS from Sundaram Honda for an "xclusive preview" of the Honda Jazz. Official launch is on 9th June according to the SMS. Did any other T-BHPian from CHE , get an invite ?
Old 5th June 2009, 00:32   #332

I was recently at the Honda dealer picking the delivery of my ANHC and the dealer said that Honda is planning to discontinue ANHC E Model (the base model) to make better positioning for Jazz..not sure if it's really true or not (the Honda website still reflects E model).
Old 5th June 2009, 09:35   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishy View Post
this car will sell more than Punto for sure and the reason is Honda's brand image. thankfully these companies are coming up with small cars, which makes me think that lots of action is to come up in the future in this segment.
I agree with this one , it is not that i am a honda fan or fiat fan. But seeing how ANHC not being a VFM easily outsells the linea which is true VFM. Jazz may be less of features , but what features it offers , it offers with qulaity as the other guy told in the mini-reveiw. No one is still sure of the pricing .

As someone posted a common man told to bhpian that "linea is much better car & VFM than ANHC , but i will still go for ANHC becuase 'somehow fiat does not induce confidence into me"
Old 5th June 2009, 20:22   #334
Senior - BHPian

I had a sneak preview of the Jazz today at one of the Honda dealers here in Chennai and i just love the car!. Even at a rather steep price close to 7lacs, i say it is still worth it. The seating, ergonomics and functionality are all Honda perfect. The possibilities for pimping the ride are also endless and this car will appeal to all age groups.I also had a look at the 1200cc i-vtec engine and felt good about it and i'm sure the drive won't disappoint. I was allowed to take pics on the condition i post them after the Delhi release.
Old 5th June 2009, 23:18   #335
BHPian

Not sure if this is interesting. but then just as an aside.

Old 6th June 2009, 00:21   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
I saw the car today. the storage space behind the rear seat is huge.
more or less it looks similar to Palio weekend from behind.

boot space will not be a limitation for sure
I see Japanese version of JAZZ called FIT daily in large number. Apparently i see FIT in large number compared any other car at Tokyo.
car looks quite good but if launched at 7L, its tad expensive. But if priced 6 to 6.5L on road, will be a good i20, Punto competitor

Just found in wikipedia that Jazz is top selling car in Japan
Old 6th June 2009, 00:42   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
I had a sneak preview of the Jazz today at one of the Honda dealers here in Chennai and i just love the car!. Even at a rather steep price close to 7lacs, i say it is still worth it. The seating, ergonomics and functionality are all Honda perfect. The possibilities for pimping the ride are also endless and this car will appeal to all age groups.I also had a look at the 1200cc i-vtec engine and felt good about it and i'm sure the drive won't disappoint. I was allowed to take pics on the condition i post them after the Delhi release.
looks like you are totally wooed by the car what is the on road price, 7L or 8.5L?
and lastly do you feel it is worth 8.5L OTR??
Old 6th June 2009, 00:54   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishy View Post
this car will sell more than Punto for sure and the reason is Honda's brand image.
I think we'll continue to have such views about any new car launch over the next decade. This can change only when someone (Toyota?) gives Honda some stiff competition.
Old 6th June 2009, 01:58   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
I agree with this one , it is not that i am a honda fan or fiat fan. But seeing how ANHC not being a VFM easily outsells the linea which is true VFM. Jazz may be less of features , but what features it offers , it offers with qulaity as the other guy told in the mini-reveiw. No one is still sure of the pricing .
i feel if the 7L ex-showroom in Delhi is true, then Grande Punto will outsell Jazz. Simply because GP will have a range of models (4 petrol + 4 diesel) and the cheapest being at least 3 L OTR cheaper than Jazz, or almost half that of Jazz.
Old 6th June 2009, 08:46   #340
BHPian

Honda Jazz will be priced at approx 7.25L ex-showroom Delhi.
Old 6th June 2009, 08:59   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
Honda Jazz will be priced at approx 7.25L ex-showroom Delhi.

Makes it 7.75 OTR in most places.

Fabia, you have a new friend.
Old 6th June 2009, 09:18   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Fabia, you have a new friend.
One is "Obsessed with quality" and the other "Powers our dreams"

Irony of life!
Old 6th June 2009, 09:26   #343
Senior - BHPian

This thread is becoming hillarious. Its almost like a bidding contest.... Every Bhpian comes and predicts the price from unknown sources and than we bash Honda. We have figures from 8.5,7.5,7.25,7.0,6.75,6.5....
So I have decided I might as well throw a figure in the ring..... 6.25 ex showroom that I came to know from *hidden sources*
Old 6th June 2009, 10:31   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
This thread is becoming hillarious. Its almost like a bidding contest.... Every Bhpian comes and predicts the price from unknown sources and than we bash Honda. We have figures from 8.5,7.5,7.25,7.0,6.75,6.5....
So I have decided I might as well throw a figure in the ring..... 6.25 ex showroom that I came to know from *hidden sources*
6.25? Wow. Really? That's 6.7 OTR! naah, still to expensive! How about 6.12? Got to know from a *hidden* source too.

Honda really broke our "dreams" - it truly is ironic
Old 6th June 2009, 10:32   #345
BHPian

I have also stopped reading the auto mags, they are biased to the core. I think they might get paid for giving 5 stars. T-BHP is the place to hang out, it rocks.

Jazz would get beaten up if its cost on road price goes above 7 lakhs or so.

Last edited by shuvadips : 6th June 2009 at 10:33.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks