Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2009, 10:36   #346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvadips View Post
Jazz would get beaten up if its cost on road price goes above 7 lakhs or so.
You talking above 7 lakhs OTR, we are still thinking how could honda price Jazz 8 lakhs OTR

7 lakhs plus is just the Ex showroom as confirmed by so many people from their dealers too, dont think Honda will keep pricing lower after success of ANHC.
Salesman will say on the TD "Honda hai, naam bikta hai" is this their standard dialogue which they tell in every TD to every person?
Old 6th June 2009, 11:38   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
You talking above 7 lakhs OTR, we are still thinking how could honda price Jazz 8 lakhs OTR

7 lakhs plus is just the Ex showroom as confirmed by so many people from their dealers too, dont think Honda will keep pricing lower after success of ANHC.
Salesman will say on the TD "Honda hai, naam bikta hai" is this their standard dialogue which they tell in every TD to every person?

people will buy it. but not that much in numbers as the city we all know that. but honda fan boys would run for it. for sure.

the thing is how in the world can u justify it. thats the prob. they do it buy just saying honda is honda lolz.
Old 6th June 2009, 12:34   #348
BHPian

Jazz Price update!

Yesterday was sitting with some one from Honda and got from him the price of new Jazz.

Ex Delhi:- 7,30,000 and would be someway around 8 on Road, expect this to touch 9 in southern India where taxes are high.

Responses within Honda:-

Sales team of the dealers are not keen on taking any targets for this, they themselves said "All Honda cars sells themselves without any marketing, for this one - they have to push the customers ".

A Schocker :-

Seeing the responses from within Honda Dealers, Honda could reduce the price of this, if everything doesn't go as per these Japs (as they are used to getting the great responses from customers for their new products)

Well I am happy by the overpricing of the Jazz, as this can teach Honda some lessons for pricing - as there won't be much takers after intial Novelty & Name factor.

Last edited by S_budhiraj : 6th June 2009 at 12:38.
Old 6th June 2009, 12:46   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
Ex Delhi:- 7,30,000 and would be someway around 8 on Road, expect this to touch 9 in southern India where taxes are high.

Well I am happy by the overpricing of the Jazz, as this can teach Honda some lessons for pricing - as there won't be much takers after intial Novelty & Name factor.
Not even a single member on Team BHP has so far desired his wish to get a JAZZ at 8 OTR . To whoever i told this OTR price, their reply was either get a Linea or if H badge is that important pay 1 lac more and get a ANHC with a 1.5 L engine.
Whats there in the JAZZ, even 1 department which it excels in after the straight H badge. Looks are also poor (though subjective) like a mini innova.
Am surprised at the guts of Honda to price a hatch at 8 OTR, they have created a new segment for themselves and also 1 variant car, something special.

If this car sells the Indian customers ki "JAI HO"
Old 6th June 2009, 13:02   #350
BHPian

Quote:

Am surprised at the guts of Honda to price a hatch at 8 OTR, they have created a new segment for themselves and also 1 variant car, something special.

to what you have mentioned, No options for variant no Premium goodies for Premium Brand but still Premium price.

The best one was

Last edited by GTO : 6th June 2009 at 17:44. Reason: No more than 2 smilies per post please
Old 6th June 2009, 16:09   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Makes it 7.75 OTR in most places.

Fabia, you have a new friend.
JK, atleast Fabia got couple of variants and the top end OTR 7.00 for petrol and 8.00 for diesel (in kerala). the high end trim Elegance got alloys, parking sensors, fog lamps etc. and Ambiente (just below Elegance) got alloys, fog lamps etc.

Now, with a single variant for Jazz (provisionally, i would say as its not final yet) costing around 7.75 OTR (provisional again) without alloys, fog lamps, parking sensors etc., how can this be a match?

Its just my thought guys with no offense meant to Honda fans. Let Jazz be a fine car in its own respect Keeping fingers crossed about the price
Old 6th June 2009, 18:40   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
the high end trim Elegance got alloys, parking sensors, fog lamps etc. and Ambiente (just below Elegance) got alloys, fog lamps etc.
Mysticeyes, doesn't the Elegance 1.2 come with sun/moonroof too? Makes the Jazz look horribly low on features. I would say the current Fabia has very high quality interiors too. All that Jazz has extra right now is a better engine, more space and perhaps better A.S.S.

When is the localized Fabia coming out? If Skoda decides to cut prices, Honda may regret pricing the Jazz so high/being so stingy with features on a 8L car.

Last edited by CBlazer : 6th June 2009 at 18:42.
Old 6th June 2009, 19:06   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not even a single member on Team BHP has so far desired his wish to get a JAZZ at 8 OTR
I have always flamed Honda for not bringing a premium hatchback. I was excited when the Jazz was in the news.

But my plans have been shattered at 8L. I would prefer i20 fully knowing it cant match the Honda in built quality, efficiency, ownership pride etc. At least I know the i20 is better equiped.
Old 6th June 2009, 23:05   #354
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Today Saw a Purple Colour Honda Jazz on NH17 near Costal Honda, Verna Goa. having UP Registration.

The Car zoomed @ 120kmph so was unable to click snaps..
Old 7th June 2009, 00:43   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Mysticeyes, doesn't the Elegance 1.2 come with sun/moonroof too? Makes the Jazz look horribly low on features. I would say the current Fabia has very high quality interiors too. All that Jazz has extra right now is a better engine, more space and perhaps better A.S.S.

When is the localized Fabia coming out? If Skoda decides to cut prices, Honda may regret pricing the Jazz so high/being so stingy with features on a 8L car.
The erstwhile 1.4 Elegance has now made its comeback as the 1.2 Elegance. Skoda just plonked the 1.2 engine into the body of 1.4 Elegance. The sunroof is available in Elegance.

As per the Overdrive magazine, Skoda is bound to start production of Fabia from the new Chakan plant from mid-may 2009 onwards. Last month, when i met the sales guy at the dealership, he told there already there was some reduction in prices. Hope, the price would come down further.

Jazz was in my consideration list when i started the search for a new car early last year but as it neared june 2008, it became clear that Jazz won't be launched till june 2009. Finally, I decided on petrol Ambiente, which i got in August 2008 and done 5700 Kms so far
Old 7th June 2009, 01:04   #356
BHPian

Better buy Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion pack (fully loaded),

will be much cheaper than Jazz (without almost every premium goodies)
Old 7th June 2009, 03:35   #357
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Honestly which hatchback in India has 90 ps engine with a 1.2 ltr i-vtech heart. Let alone hatchback, even likes of SX4 dont get the vtech head in Indian models only, let alone i-vtech. Top that with class leading space/practicality, honda resale, honda snob value, honda maintainence cost and you have all recipies of success, which would more than warrant the initial high price howsoever much we personally might dislike it.

Honda has not been providing the icing on its models, but the pudding itself is good.

Engine: i20 Sluggish and boring
Engine: Jazz Frugal and peppiest in its segmet. Even puts likes of Linea to waters

So if Hyundai can sell an 80 ps car with engine of i10 for 5.6 lakhs, I am sure Honda can demand 6.5 and get away with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
If there arent many in numbers now, trust me with launch of Jazz you can surely expect 3k per month on the sales chart.
Quote:
Quote:
Not even a single member on Team BHP has so far desired his wish to get a JAZZ at 8 OTR .

Yes, Indian "customers" ki "Jai Ho" ?
Old 7th June 2009, 11:07   #358
BHPian

Update: Just got this SMS from Southend Honda:

"Play along with the Honda Jazz. Call 40621212 & 40611212 (Southend Honda) test drive a Honda Jazz with great safety features, 90 ps iVTEC Engine & Magic seats."

Magic Seats??

Unfortunately, I am not in town, Can some of the other Delhi members try to contact Southend Honda?
Old 7th June 2009, 11:17   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post

Even the 1.2 Fabia Ambiente has got heated ORVMS, ABS, EBD, 2 Airbags, Alloys, Music Systems with ipod socket & cooled glowbox. all this 6.25 on road Pune after 25k discount.

The price will be reduced as soon as the localized stocks comes.

With all these features, gr8 quality interiors at the current price which Fabia is not even 50% localized IMO Skoda has priced it very well.
Old 7th June 2009, 11:31   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
"Play along with the Honda Jazz. Call 40621212 & 40611212 (Southend Honda) test drive a Honda Jazz with great safety features, 90 ps iVTEC Engine & Magic seats."

Magic Seats??
Magic seats, its because a H logo is embossed on the seats too
Why magic seats? People stop blaming honda and jazz, this car deserves 8 lac price tag. Even a 12 lac car doesnt offer magic seats
So test drives have opened? A test drive thread on T BHP will soon come up and lets see what members have to say. I am not thinking of buying a jazz even in wildest of my dreams so no TD for me.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 7th June 2009 at 11:33.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks