Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2009, 15:45   #391
Senior - BHPian

yeah CS, the rear seats are split ones with 60:40 along with single tumble and new thing is that it can be flip folded which provides space on rear bench, this is new innovation from honda and gives huge luggage space inside the cabin.
Old 9th June 2009, 15:49   #392
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesh.b View Post
Ya - one more thing - he insisted on the face that Jazz was NOT a small car.
Yeah, certainly seems like a big car with a 1.2L engine! and a relatively small boot for a big car.
Old 9th June 2009, 15:54   #393
BANNED

Surprisingly, Honda this time is not consistent with its offering of Audio System in ANHC & in Jazz.

While in a 9-10 Lacs ANHC it did not give a proper CD player & gave only USB port, in Jazz, what bhpian mentioned above, its giving only the CD Player & not USB port.

For ANHC, the argument was USB is futuristic, who uses CD Player nowadays? Its as if You copy songs from CD / DVD to USB pen drive & use it, & feel more tech-savvy. For Jazz, what now?

Why can't Honda give both - CD Player & USB Port since its already charging a bomb?
Old 9th June 2009, 16:38   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Why can't Honda give both - CD Player & USB Port since its already charging a bomb?
Bombs come cheaper than a HONDA

Things that Honda is NOT providing to keep the ownership costs low!
  1. No Fog lamps - Hey, now no pebbles on the road will break the fogs. You save money here
  2. No Alloys - Replacing a wheel cap is better than replacing an alloy. Hence, as a special exemption passed by their board, only Wheel Caps. If you want the ownership cost to be high, purchase alloys from Honda dealer at 50K else your warranty is void if you buy it from outside!
  3. No USB in the music system - Remember you paid 20K for that lovely Ipod? We want you to use it. Indians are downloading songs from the net and the music piracy is high. We are giving only CD/MP3 player to support the music industry
In all a good car. Only if it was priced sensibly!
Old 9th June 2009, 17:25   #395
Senior - BHPian

As I see during the course of this thread, the negative vibes about the car has suddenly changed into positives. Guess the car is much bigger and more comfortable and has more quality than what was initially believed. Guess Honda plonked the 1.2 engine only for excise benefits, and 1.5 would have taken the car to the City price territory. A 1.2 at 6 ex showroom and 1.5 at 7.5 ex showroom would have been killer! Fabia and i20 would have been wiped out..
Old 9th June 2009, 17:32   #396
BHPian

@ 6.5 ex-showrrom , what should it be OTR delhi , My guess is if it is still around 7.1 or 7.2 OTR delhi there will good number of customers for Jazz .
After all the common man decides on the first look , i dont think most of them who buy a honda will know what is bhp , torque or weight ratio blah blah bah .
They will take test ride then - conforatbale ride , ok power good quality interiors. add to that resale value and brand image honda as put up india .
Sir no fog lamps , No alloys - chalega , baad mein dekh lenge hai .
Old 9th June 2009, 19:43   #397
BHPian

the way honda publicised the price initially (7L ex-S, Delhi) and no news abt it further, makes me think that honda has tricked us and might pleasantly surprise us with the pricing tomorrow. Expect 6L ex-S, Delhi or 7L OTR most places
Old 9th June 2009, 20:18   #398
BHPian

As far as the info I have, it will be around 6.8 to 7L onroad in Hyderabad.
Old 9th June 2009, 20:33   #399
BHPian

whats this whole new thing about 7L OTR where are you guys getting this info from or is it last minute wishful thinking
Old 9th June 2009, 20:38   #400
BHPian

Sorry to jump in but spoke to Sales guy - Whitefield Honda, Bangalore.
Booking Amount - 50K
OTR in B'lore - 8.25L
Old 9th June 2009, 21:13   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Sorry to jump in but spoke to Sales guy - Whitefield Honda, Bangalore.
Booking Amount - 50K
OTR in B'lore - 8.25L
The salesman must be joking 8.25 lakhs is away from the wildest of my dreams. They cant price it that way near the E MT model of ANHC, for it they would have to stop E model of ANHC and make ANHC also a 1 variant car.

Anything above 7.5 lakhs looks steeply overpriced atleast to me, lets wait for 1 more day, 1 member came with 7 OTR and now you came with 8 L OTR. Its very confusing whom to believe. Is your salesman sure? IF YES
Old 9th June 2009, 21:34   #402
BHPian

i would give a standing ovation to the buyer and congratulate him for being a true honda fan if i see one on the road at such prices lolz. you know what maybe i will see it for real. thats why dont like honda. i mean the cars are good and yes its fuel efficent and yeah services may be okay. but at what cost man.

you pay 8 lacs, 10 lacs for the ANHC and dont get alloys, forget that fog lamps?? whats next in cost saving mantra. any ideas guys? lolz no wiper blades. no horn. lolz
Old 9th June 2009, 22:21   #403
BHPian

i remember when Matiz was first launched, Daewoo had priced it very high. And whenever i use to see a Matiz on road, i use to look at the owner and think what a fool this guy is ...
Old 10th June 2009, 10:08   #404
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hold those horses till the price launch, Guys. Just an hour away!
Old 10th June 2009, 10:31   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hold those horses till the price launch, Guys. Just an hour away!
Got an invitation for the launch at 1pm at the dealers place.

Alas its far from my work place.

Have to rely again on TBHP (never disappointed) , do let us know the Delhi OTR prices as soon as you get Am refreshing this thread every 20 mins
Closed Thread

Most Viewed