Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2009, 13:30   #451
BHPian

wow!!. crazy pricing. i would have considered it if it had climate control. auto gear box. alloys. fog lamps. but this is daylight robbery!!. and its not even that big like an innova or something. length is below 4 m. and 1.2ltr engine.

i know but i bet that the 1.2lt TSI from volkwagen will win the battle of all 1.2 ltr engines.
Old 10th June 2009, 13:34   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
There is a first drive report on Zigwheels..

"There are two ways to get hold of any market. One is to compete with existing products, fight over volumes and eke out breathing space for a new product, but leaders through automotive history have seldom taken this approach of beating others at their own game."

Read on @ Honda Jazz: First Drive!- Reviews- Zigwheels
Typical auto-mag hack, they live by the advertising and need to make the manufacturers look good. We saw something similar when the Fabia was launched.
Old 10th June 2009, 13:36   #453
Senior - BHPian

Bah! What ridiculous pricing.
Hyundai i20 anyday!

Last edited by DCEite : 10th June 2009 at 13:37.
Old 10th June 2009, 13:36   #454
Senior - BHPian

Rs.7.43 Lakhs for base Jazz ex-showroom Mumbai!

And we had gone ballastic over Skoda's Fabia pricing. I have OD with me and it says Fabia 1.4TDi Ambiente is Rs.7.15 Lakhs ex-showroom. Mind you it's a diesel with barely any local content. So Honda now has the most expensive hatchback in India and has outdone Skoda, who till now was notorious for overpricing their products.

Skoda advertises Fabia as a super hatch. Honda should call it's Jazz super duper hatch.

EDIT: I believe the top end Jazz comes with fog lights! Amazing! Thank you so much Honda!

Last edited by amit : 10th June 2009 at 13:37.
Old 10th June 2009, 13:38   #455
Senior - BHPian

Whatever said and done, we know it all that this car will SELL. No matter what. I think Govt. should intervene and regulate Honda prices!!! This is day light robbery.

Edit: Amit, I don't see Fogs in the car that Zigwheels has.

Last edited by amtak : 10th June 2009 at 13:41.
Old 10th June 2009, 13:38   #456
BHPian

i20 Asta is 6.0 L on Road delhi.
Now it seems more vfm when the jazz is 7.5-8.0 On Road delhi.
Old 10th June 2009, 13:42   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Whatever said and done, we know it all that this car will SELL. No matter what. I think Govt. should intervene and regulate Honda prices!!! This is day light robbery.
That's pretty funny.

Unfortunately, not gonna happen. The customer has every right and choice to go buy another car if the Jazz is too expensive for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Similarly, like me, there would be lacs of car users of other brand cars who've had fantastic 5 years ownership experience of other brand cars. So?
They constitute the group of people who don't buy Honda/Toyota of course. From my experience, people buy Japanese because a) they already have owned one in the past and see no reason to change gears (pardon the pun) or b) they have been burned in the past and want to switch or c) they believe the hype (or he's a BHPian and just wants a Honda engine). Someone in the c camp almost always becomes part of a. That's how Honda keeps their prices and sales high. Should be pretty awesome to be in their sales management.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 10th June 2009 at 13:46.
Old 10th June 2009, 13:45   #458
BHPian

Now the i20 looks like a steal! So the decision now is between i20 and Punto (hopefully TataFiat are not as greedy as Honda)
Old 10th June 2009, 13:48   #459
xPK
BHPian

Guys, here are pune ex-showroom prices of base variants of ANHC and Jazz

ANHC E-MT: 8,07,000
Jazz (basic): 7,24,000

The price difference is mere 83,000. So if I had to buy Jazz, I would definitely try to stretch my budget and drive those mesmerising 118 horses instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
Now the i20 looks like a steal! So the decision now is between i20 and Punto (hopefully TataFiat are not as greedy as Honda)
If i20 CRDi is out sooner, it would definitely be a better choice than Jazz.

Last edited by xPK : 10th June 2009 at 13:55. Reason: just to avoid back to back posts
Old 10th June 2009, 13:49   #460
Senior - BHPian

Cool so we know which is the COTY 2009 Honda has been consistant here as well by giving us cars with exorbitant pricing. Way to go Honda, milk Indian customers dry.

Last edited by sammyboy : 10th June 2009 at 13:50.
Old 10th June 2009, 13:50   #461
BHPian

Crazy Pricing

It's definitely a day light robbery. I wonder if they are trying to compete with some sedan's or they have out done some of the sedans in their pricing.. crazy
Old 10th June 2009, 13:56   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Whatever said and done, we know it all that this car will SELL. No matter what. I think Govt. should intervene and regulate Honda prices!!!
you are kidding right? Honda is not a monopoly for govt to regulate prices! People have lots options - they can buy a lot of hatches (and quite a few sedans) at this price.
Old 10th June 2009, 13:56   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxminarayan View Post
It's definitely a day light robbery. I wonder if they are trying to compete with some sedan's or they have out done some of the sedans in their pricing.. crazy
Insane pricing. Daylight robbery for sure. What's super about minis anyway?

It's good in a way that Honda is finally going to have a flop product in India. How can they not learn from the Fabia story?
Old 10th June 2009, 13:58   #464
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post

They constitute the group of people who don't buy Honda/Toyota of course. From my experience, people buy Japanese because a) they already have owned one in the past and see no reason to change gears (pardon the pun) or b) they have been burned in the past and want to switch or c) they believe the hype (or he's a BHPian and just wants a Honda engine). Someone in the c camp almost always becomes part of a. That's how Honda keeps their prices and sales high. Should be pretty awesome to be in their sales management.
No. some of them buy Honda/ Toyota as well (there are some member here itself with ownership thread).
But by & large, Honda is awsome in their sales management, agreed.
Old 10th June 2009, 14:00   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
you are kidding right? Honda is not a monopoly for govt to regulate prices! People have lots options - they can buy a lot of hatches (and quite a few sedans) at this price.
Yes sir, I am kidding. With this kind of prices, anyone can loose his mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
That's pretty funny.

Unfortunately, not gonna happen. The customer has every right and choice to go buy another car if the Jazz is too expensive for him.
I was kidding sir. I know Honda is a private co and Govt. cannot do anything about it!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks